Menu

A mom I don't know very very well, but have talked to on ocassion is apparently trying to convert my 7yo.

She first decided we heathens (we are atheists) might be influenced by a dog

http://neufelds.blogspot.com/2009/02/puppy-love.html

And I came to find out today that she has grand plans for my daughter.

http://neufelds.blogspot.com/2009/02...ure-found.html

I am ****ing LIVID!

Help me understand how this preying upon my daughter is ok in her mind. How it is right and good to manipulate a child.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it this woman has so much alone time with your daughter? Just trying to understand the context.

A mom I don't know very very well, but have talked to on ocassion is apparently trying to convert my 7yo.

She first decided we heathens (we are atheists) might be influenced by a dog

http://neufelds.blogspot.com/2009/02/puppy-love.html

And I came to find out today that she has grand plans for my daughter.

http://neufelds.blogspot.com/2009/02...ure-found.html

I am ****ing LIVID!

Help me understand how this preying upon my daughter is ok in her mind. How it is right and good to manipulate a child.

Kathy,

I am sorry. I am a Christian and while I do often pray for children of others that are not Christian (as I do for the parents), I do not preach to them unless I had explicit permission from their parents. If someone were going against what I was teaching/preaching to my children, then I would probably remove my children from their presence. The wonderful thing about America is the freedom to worship and raise our children as we see fit. Can you respectfully ask her to refrain from proselityzing(I can't spell that) your children unless you have given her permission?

I realize you are not in America, but I am assuming the ability to worship/or not is as free where you are.

Again, I am sorry. I will pray for that lady to understand what she is doing.

I'm so sorry.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I don't have any advice except to keep your dc away from her. The woman sounds a bit nuts to me.
:iagree:

Kathy,

I am sorry. I am a Christian and while I do often pray for children of others that are not Christian (as I do for the parents), I do not preach to them unless I had explicit permission from their parents. If someone were going against what I was teaching/preaching to my children, then I would probably remove my children from their presence. The wonderful thing about America is the freedom to worship and raise our children as we see fit. Can you respectfully ask her to refrain from proselityzing(I can't spell that) your children unless you have given her permission?

I realize you are not in America, but I am assuming the ability to worship/or not is as free where you are.

I have to agree. I'd ask her to stay away from your family.

How is it this woman has so much alone time with your daughter? Just trying to understand the context.

Both my daughters go over and play with her daughters. Normally they are outside, but just recently, like the last month, I've allowed my girls to go inside. Mine are down there every few days for an hour or two, but playing here and there. Much of the time it is the 12yo, 9yo and 7yo, but a few times the 7yo (the one she is preying upon) has gone down alone. She has two girls my same girls' ages and they love playing together.

Yeah..I would be a little nervous about the intensity of this woman's focus on your daughter. Unless she feels like this conversion is part of her "mission" in life. I don't know.

I haven't had this exact situation happen to me, but I have come across people who made me very uncomfortable in this department. I avoid them. I am cordial when I HAVE to cross paths with them, but that is as far as I go.

I think this is very much her mission. She has never said a word to ME though. So it seems to me very underhanded and sneaky.

Kathy,

Thank you SO much for sharing your perspective. I was talking with my friend (Mormon) and she was shocked but didn't really understand why I was so upset until I posed to her the question, "how would you feel if I managed to get one of your kids to admit to me that they didn't believe in God?" and then she got it. :) Thank you for helping me feel not crazy.

I read the entries, and while I think she's trying to do it out of love, it does seem to be crossing a line. It seems disrespectful to be posting so many details online where it can be read, for one, and she shouldn't be educating your daughter without your permission. I could see her attempting to answer a question your daughter asked ... if it happened in my home, I would ... but I would then go to the mom and say, "Such-and-such topic came up today, and this is the answer I gave ... hope it is okay." Or I'd just refer the question back to the parent.

She sounds like a truly passionate person who might need some gentle reminders about boundaries.

(I don't know if I'd be so calm if it was my kid, FWIW, just trying to see what it must be like from where she's standing.)

ETA: I certainly don't think you're crazy. Religion, morals, etc, are certainly best taught in the home.

Not.

I was really uncomfortable with the way things went a Vacation Bible School my kids attended.... i made sure to get there early and didn't push the middle one to go back.

There is no way i'd let her alone with my kids.....

(and i'm a non-church attending Christian)

I've been mulling this over. I showed your post to dh. We are Christians, probably to a similar point of passion as the lady blogging.

Honestly, your situation leaves me feeling incredibly...stuck. I don't know a good word for it. I *immediately* got why you'd be so angry. I filled in some other religion, imagined my kid being secretly proselytized, &...yeah, livid is a good word.

BUT...I also believe that we are supposed to share our faith. If we believe that Jesus died in order to buy us back from a hellish existence, it's cruel not to share that information. Like watching someone try to make fire w/ 2 sticks when you've got a lighter in your pocket.

Most people are pretty convinced of what they believe, though, & that would not, in my mind, justify someone trying to proselytize *my* child. This leaves me at a...I don't know what it's called--a dead end, maybe? Where 2 sets of beliefs completely collide w/ ea other.

Here's my tentative conclusion, fwiw. The Bible also tells us to love others as we love ourselves. Maybe sharing the Gospel should ethically be presented only to families or adults. Maybe?

I don't think the blog indicates an unhealthy fixation on your dd, though. I think it sounds like a woman who cares genuinely about her & likes to write very descriptively. I don't know what the circumstances are that has led to your dd's friendship w/out you getting to know ea other, but maybe--if you want to try to preserve dd's friendship--you could try talking to the lady.

I'm sure you'll talk to your dd about all of this, & I imagine it will be...something you think about. I mean, I don't know if it will be hard, but I imagine it would be kind-of delicate. I'd be mad as anything at my neighbor, but I"d be worried that my child would misinterpret that as anger at *them.* I figure listening (to your dd!) will probably go a long way towards a positive outcome.

:grouphug:

I've been mulling this over. I showed your post to dh. We are Christians, probably to a similar point of passion as the lady blogging.

Honestly, your situation leaves me feeling incredibly...stuck. I don't know a good word for it. I *immediately* got why you'd be so angry. I filled in some other religion, imagined my kid being secretly proselytized, &...yeah, livid is a good word.

BUT...I also believe that we are supposed to share our faith. If we believe that Jesus died in order to buy us back from a hellish existence, it's cruel not to share that information. Like watching someone try to make fire w/ 2 sticks when you've got a lighter in your pocket.

Most people are pretty convinced of what they believe, though, & that would not, in my mind, justify someone trying to proselytize *my* child. This leaves me at a...I don't know what it's called--a dead end, maybe? Where 2 sets of beliefs completely collide w/ ea other.

Here's my tentative conclusion, fwiw. The Bible also tells us to love others as we love ourselves. Maybe sharing the Gospel should ethically be presented only to families or adults. Maybe?

I don't think the blog indicates an unhealthy fixation on your dd, though. I think it sounds like a woman who cares genuinely about her & likes to write very descriptively. I don't know what the circumstances are that has led to your dd's friendship w/out you getting to know ea other, but maybe--if you want to try to preserve dd's friendship--you could try talking to the lady.

I'm sure you'll talk to your dd about all of this, & I imagine it will be...something you think about. I mean, I don't know if it will be hard, but I imagine it would be kind-of delicate. I'd be mad as anything at my neighbor, but I"d be worried that my child would misinterpret that as anger at *them.* I figure listening (to your dd!) will probably go a long way towards a positive outcome.

:grouphug:

I agree with all that you have said here Aubrey. The only thing I think is a little bit off is that she blogged in such detail about it. I think that is....unfair for lack of a better word. If I think of a better way yo articulate what I am thinking i will come back. ;)

I think you should be talking to her personally. Let her know you've read the blog and that you want to talk about it.

She seems to be genuinely fond of your child. But since you are so uncomfortable with the situation you need to decide what you should do about it.

Talk about what you've read on the blog and what it is you are not comfortable with.

Let her know what conversations you do not approve of and find out if she is willing to refrain from having them with your child. If you do not trust her with your child you need to decide what to do about it.

I would disagree with Aubrey & Meg in that I do think this mom has an unhealthy fixation -- on herself. "See how cleverly I describe in great detail a beautiful child?! See what a good Christian I am!" Perhaps she's harmless, but my gut reaction is that she's a nutjob.

I do understand about a Christian being called to spread the good news, but, imho, this woman doesn't get children at all. Most of the communication that I witness with children 7 and under is highly non-verbal. If she were truly selfless (the mom) in her desire to share her faith, then she'd cater her message to the receiver, and communicate by example and by showing love. Her words do not show love, but disrespect and self-centeredness, again, in my humble opinion.

ETA: I might talk to the mother but I would not expect any remorse of apology or even any understanding. I would also cut off all playtime at that house.

I would disagree with Aubrey & Meg in that I do think this mom has an unhealthy fixation -- on herself. "See how cleverly I describe in great detail a beautiful child?! See what a good Christian I am!" Perhaps she's harmless, but my gut reaction is that she's a nutjob.

I do understand about a Christian being called to spread the good news, but, imho, this woman doesn't get children at all. Most of the communication that I witness with children 7 and under is highly non-verbal. If she were truly selfless (the mom) in her desire to share her faith, then she'd cater her message to the receiver, and communicate by example and by showing love. Her words do not show love, but disrespect and self-centeredness, again, in my humble opinion.

ETA: I might talk to the mother but I would not expect any remorse of apology or even any understanding. I would also cut off all playtime at that house.

I really don't disagree with you. :001_smile:

You know, I think I'd ask her to talk with her and explain that although you're happy to have the girls play together, that you need her to respect your opinions as your children's authority at this point. When your children are whatever age you feel appropriate, you'll share with them different religions. You may even invite them to go listen from other people...their opinions. You can't honestly think that this lady is going to go against her beliefs and not pray for your family...that's how it goes....but she can be expected to respect and honor you.

I think this might be a good place to show your children how to resolve differences.

Also, it reminds me not to put info I don't want others to read in a public area, not to blog about others....and to remember other people's feelings!

I honestly think that I would allow my children to play with hers, as long as she can vow to not involve your daughter with topics that you have put "off limits". This would be any off limit topics that you believe need to be agreed upon. I wouldn't want my child involved with lots of discussions, including but not limited to...religion, politics, family differences, sex...at all....You get the point...

Carrie

That really would bug me, regardless of the issues involved. I don't like people I barely know commenting on characteristics of my children to my face, much less "out there" for the public to see. When that has happened, I always wonder why they're studying my children:confused:.

That really would bug me, regardless of the issues involved. I don't like people I barely know commenting on characteristics of my children to my face, much less "out there" for the public to see. When that has happened, I always wonder why they're studying my children:confused:.

I was just going to say this. I think it totally crosses the line to blog about other people's kids. Weird. Very very weird.

Regardless of motivation, the blog was creepy to the nth degree.

Do you think if the situation were reversed -- if you had blogged about trying to convince her 7yo dd about the truth of athiesm, with as much "love" and description -- that she would allow her children to continue to associate with you & yours?

And can I just say again....creepy.

I completely agree with Aubrey. I've been thinking about this for about ten minutes.

I'm a strong, passionate Christian. And I'm kind of grid locked about this situation. On one hand, I understand your side. I would not want my kid to be in that situation. On the other hand, as a Christian, the Bible tells me to share the word of Christ. So it is a catch 22. The blogging about it is sort of strange....but maybe she just likes to write. I dont know.

Okay, I'm a christian and this blog entry truly bothered me. Blogs are not private (obviously) and she goes into great detail about your dd. She's 7 and I believe it crosses the line BIG time. She also needs to learn to use paragraphs. I would never blog about another CHILD, I didn't even post photos from ds' basketball because there were other kids in them. It's called respect and privacy.

I know facebook can have you remove unauthorized photos from another person's page, I wonder what blogger has for security? That post goes into so much detail about the comings and goings of your dd that I think it's a security risk.

As for the evangelizing to children, I believe there is a setting for that, it's church. As a christian if a child visits my home we may pray before meals, discuss God as a matter of conversation, but I would NOT attempt to convert or preach to a child without knowing their parents beliefs.

:grouphug: No wonder you are livid.

Kathy,

:iagree: 100%.

I think you're on to something here. I'm in the same camp with Aubrey, where I'm really torn here. As a Christian, I hear her heart. There is no separating my love for Jesus and my love for others. On the other hand.... I've been thinking this over- could I ever see myself doing what she has done.

1) The puppy- yes, I could see myself doing that. There is no separation between my Christian walk and any generosity that comes out of me. I'm really not generous on my own.

2) Talking to another's child about God- Not the way she is doing. I do not hide my faith. My kids openly talk about God and Jesus often. BUT, I would not ask the leading questions that she is doing. If asked, I would absolutely answer my truthful beliefs, but I would not pursue conversations of the sort. In my experience, 7yos don't usually ask adults other than their parents questions unless they are very close with that adult. Well, maybe some 7yos, but I can't think of one time I've been asked a question about God by someone else's 7yo outside of church/close friend setting.

3)blogging about it- NO! NO! NO! On one hand, at least you know what is going on. On the other, wow it's so wrong.

You've got to talk to her one way or the other. Quite frankly, she needs to know the damage she is doing to friendships, trust and how she is perceived by others outside of the faith. She needs a humbling. I can't say what I would do in your shoes. Knowing Jesus is literally a life or death thing to me. Someone trying to convince one of my children that there is no God would be like someone trying to kill my child. If the situations were reversed, I would absolutely cut them off from my child. In your situation, I'm not sure. You have been disrespected and your authority is being subverted. Is that grounds for cutting off the relationships between your children and hers- I don't know, you'll have to decide. Maybe a talk will be enough, maybe not. No matter what, I would demand that the descriptions of my dd be taken down.

Edited by Shannon831

When I read the sidebar on her blog, I got the impression that one of the main reasons they're traveling is to do missionary work. I know people like this; I have family members like this. They are sincere, and they are fanatical. I think many times in their fanaticism, they go beyond what is appropriate.

I would tell her this behavior is absolutely inappropriate, that I do not want her writing about my dd on her blog, and then I would not allow my dd to see them. Preying on a child is totally out of line.

A former friend explained her zeal this way: she asked, "If someone you knew was in a burning building, wouldn't you do whatever you could to save them, even risk your own life?" That was me, in the burning building. I replied that I wanted my choice to go down with the burning building respected. The friendship didn't survive.

Janet

Oy! We believe that Gd placed each child with each set of parents. Your child's spiritual well being is YOUR responsibility. Any proselytising or any spiritual conversation that extends beyond answering basic questions you daughter might ask (are you Christian? etc), should be taken up with you and only you. Any questions they answer along these lines, they need to also bring to you, respecting you as a parent and informing you of your child's curiousity. Also, some questions, they should respond with a, "let me talk with your mama about it first". I've done this even within my own church when knowing that a particular topic was something I differed with a parent on. A REAL friend will respect this. I'm sorry you were overstepped in such a way.

Edited by mommaduck

I am a Christian as well. I understand the Bible tells us to tell others. But it never says target children without telling their parents.

A few years ago a mom, from another denomination I completely disagree with theologically, had her children begin trying to teach my son their ways when he was over to play. I was also livid. I also want my child taught my religion. So, I did go talk to her and first told her that I knew her boys had been trying to convert my child. Instead of saying anything in anger, I instead then asked for equal time with her children to teach them my beliefs, including why I believe differently than her. Naturally she refused. Her children never brought up religion to my child again. I also never allowed them to play together unsupervised again.

I also believe that there are ways a Christian can bring up God without disrespecting Athiests or others. It usually begins with, "I believe this way." And has "ask your mom about it " somewhere in the discussion. Praying with a child and telling them to expect an angel is way beyond acceptable IMO.

That post goes into so much detail about the comings and goings of your dd that I think it's a security risk.

I agree.

Although I do believe the description was written (maybe) in love.

She describes this child sweetly.

BUT I WOULD BE PISSED OFF if that much info about my kid's comings and goings were out there for any pervert to read. AND I WOULD BE EVEN MORE MAD if someone went behind my back to convert MY KID. I don't convert anyone. I will say what I believe and respect what ever the parents believe. I will say that some people do this and others do that......

She is WAY out of line.

But I remember being a Xtian and scared to death that everyone would burn in hell forever. That's a heavy trip for a small kid. I prayed ALL THE TIME for people's souls. Every night for everyone I knew and in the stores I would look around and pray for strangers while standing in the checkout line.

Thank heaven I now know better.

Oh....I left a comment and asked about YOU.

I have not read all the replies...next, I am Catholic...although raised by atheists....all I can say is run away as fast as you can! I would not let that woman near my child! That is just too creepy! That blog post was scary!

I am so sorry that you have to go through this with her and with your children. I would not let any memeber of my family near that family...I would cut ties.

anyway, that is my 2 cents. good luck to you!

Jenny

I wonder if her back is sore, she's been patting it so hard?

That is one cute puppy, though. Are you sure you're an atheist? :lol:

edited because I just read The Electric Toothbrush Miracle, and I think you need to run very far away.

Edited by katilac

I think you should send her an email via her blog (so she knows you've seen it - she simply will not be able to deny what she's done), or post a comment on the blog. Make it short and sweet, tell her how you feel, and end all contact between your families.

Ria

I kept thinking about this and it really has me ticked. The responses from the couple of people who say they are "torn" on the issue is especially irksome.

Just because your religion tells you to spread the word to others doesn't mean you have any real right to do it, especially to someone else's child.

I don't think this woman has any right to discuss religion with your child without your permission. Were it me, I would tell her to quit her religious ambush and disallow any contact with my child ever again. If she continued, I'd seriously consider a restraining order. I would consider what she is doing mental and emotional assault.

And her blog posts about your daughter... creepy doesn't even begin to cover it. I would be afraid for my child's safety.

Yeah..I would be a little nervous about the intensity of this woman's focus on your daughter. Unless she feels like this conversion is part of her "mission" in life. I don't know.

I haven't had this exact situation happen to me, but I have come across people who made me very uncomfortable in this department. I avoid them. I am cordial when I HAVE to cross paths with them, but that is as far as I go.

Based on the other info on the blog page, yes, indeed, it is likely that she does see that conversion of every possible person by any means possible is her mission and that her actions are not only blessed by but specifically mandated by her God. It is highly unlikely that anything one would say to her will change this, it will just make her more covert in her attempts to convert. In her mind, what she is doing is saving your child from eternal ****ation, so whatever lengths she has to go to in order to do this are justified in her mind. I would say that there is no way in the world you are going to get her to agree that there could ever be anything she could say or do that would be even problematic if it were done "in the name of Jesus". We have the same stripe of folks here who will put on "summer fun camps" etc which deliberately never mention anything to do with religion specifically to target children whose parents wouldn't allow them to participate otherwise because of the proselytization. Thankfully they are not representative of the very vast majority of Christians.

Honestly, if she is like others of this ilk I have met (the ones who don't see an issue with covertly targeting other people's children for their own purposes in the name of religion---*any* religion), she is not going to likely be *able* to actually respect your differences in any meaningful way (ie not proselytizing your minor children), even if she were open to considering such an option. Even pointing out to her that she would not want *you* (or anyone of another religion) doing the same to *her* children is not likely to make an impression, because, of course, she is only "sharing the Truth of God". You are likely going to have to break off contact with her if you want it to cease. Unfortunately, you have already seen that she is not operating from a basis of what most of society would agree is logical in dealing with others in this realm, so logical arguments are unlikely to sway her.

Edited by KarenNC

I agree completely!

Yep! This blog is not about caring for your kids, it's about making her look like a "good" Christian, storing up treasures in heaven. Unfortunately for her, I think she has already reaped her reward.

I am a Christian, and a strong hard-core conservative one at that - but she crossed a major line, especially if she knows you are an atheist family. I would feel differently IF your dd asked her a question about her faith and she simply answered......that doesn't sound like the case. It would be different if you gave permission to talk with her about faith - The fact that she blogged about it...shows her immaturity.

Seriously, I would have a talk with her. I would share that you've read the blog and maybe scare her socks off by offering to now share your atheist views with HER children.:tongue_smilie::lol: (I would hope she gets the point) Keeping it civil though, let her know that she just ruined the opportunity to befriend your dc.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with KarenNC.

That sounded wrong. Not that agreeing with KarenNC is a bad thing, but unfortunately the situation is as she's so concisely outlined it.

{{hugs}} to your family. I'd feel violated and slimed.

I'm a conservative Christian, and my parents were missionaries overseas during my early childhood. We lived in a very diverse apartment building, and I remember playing with & talking about religion with various friends. (This came up frequently, as it was my Dad's job. It wasn't just me telling them about my beliefs, either. I'd ask them about theirs, too. :))

I invited some of my close friends to church sometimes, and sometimes they came (with parental permission!)

I had a couple of close friends that were from Muslim families, and we played together a lot, both at my apartment, and theirs. None of our parents ever discussed religion with the kids. Nor did my parents urge me to try to convert my friends. I do agree that that crosses the line (what this woman did). (My parents did study with the parents of some of my sister's friends, but it was always adults they spoke with, never the children!)

Sorry you're having to deal with that. I would be very bothered, too. :(

After reading the lady's blog a little more...she's put a lot on the line for what she believes. They've sold &/or given away almost everything they own in order to tell people about Jesus. I respect that kind of courage in any faith.

Imagine--apart from this particular situation, which I still think was poor judgment--what you would be willing to risk *everything* for. For most of us--for me--the answer is not much.

If she has given up almost everything in order to tell people what she believes, that act in itself is an expression of deep love & respect for the people she ends up telling. The message has certainly been muddled. But maybe some of the anger can be quelled by a bigger look at who she is. If she realizes that she has (potentially) cost herself a relationship w/ your family & her daughter a relationship w/ yours, I imagine she will feel deep regret.

The idea behind the Great Commission, besides telling others about Jesus, was really revolutionary for its time: look at people around the world, from different classes & cultures, & see children of God, brothers in Christ, equals.

I hope things get worked out.

Understand? I wouldn't even bother trying to understand. This woman is disrespecting your family. I wouldn't allow her any unsupervised access to my daughter.

:iagree:

It is always better to err on the side of safety where a child is concerned. This woman is scary IMHO. Any person who shows such an intent interest in my child would be viewed with extreme caution.

I kept thinking about this and it really has me ticked. The responses from the couple of people who say they are "torn" on the issue is especially irksome.

Just because your religion tells you to spread the word to others doesn't mean you have any real right to do it, especially to someone else's child.

I don't think this woman has any right to discuss religion with your child without your permission. Were it me, I would tell her to quit her religious ambush and disallow any contact with my child ever again. If she continued, I'd seriously consider a restraining order. I would consider what she is doing mental and emotional assault.

And her blog posts about your daughter... creepy doesn't even begin to cover it. I would be afraid for my child's safety.

I agree with the above post~

I am a christian.

I would never initiate a discussion about my faith with a child!

EVER.

Simply because I would be mad as hell if someone else did the same to my little ones.

That's MY job.

The lady seems to be showing off her amazing conversion abilities, not to mention that she can just conjure up a miracle whenever she asks for one. ;-)

I would say that it is for whoever is reading her blog. ie: financial supporters, churches, etc.

She WAY crossed the line, and unfortunately, she most likely won't stop this 'crusade' that she seems to be on.

I would definitely confront her, and never let your kids go to her house unsupervised.

I'd consider letting her kids come to my house; you haven't done anything wrong~

So sorry that you have to be exposed to this type of christianity.........

Edited by 5Youngs

I agree with the above post~

I am a christian.

I would never initiate a discussion about my faith with a child!

EVER.

Simply because I would be mad as hell if someone else did the same to my little ones.

That's MY job.

The lady seems to be showing off her amazing conversion abilities, not to mention that she can just conjure up a miracle whenever she asks for one. ;-)

I would say that it is for whoever is reading her blog. ie: financial supporters, churches, etc.

She WAY crossed the line, and unfortunately, she most likely won't stop this 'crusade' that she seems to be on.

I would definitely confront her, and never let your kids go to her house unsupervised.

I'd consider letting her kids come to my house; you haven't done anything wrong~

So sorry that you have to be exposed to this type of christianity.........

You see, there's an interesting perspective I didn't have... the idea that her blog post was "showing off" her conversion abilities.

I had just read all the little details of the OP's daughter, and the tracking of her movements to be scary. It came across as nearly stalker-esque.

Well, I guess it's too late for my admonishing "Ladies, ladies, let's all be nice now.":tongue_smilie:

Seriously Kathy,

I would be polite but unyielding. She needs to remove the posts on her blog and not be alone with your children. I hope this works out for you.:)

I had just read all the little details of the OP's daughter, and the tracking of her movements to be scary. It came across as nearly stalker-esque.

I've been thinking about this whole situation all afternoon. I wrote that I would be inclined to document everything she'd written without explaining why I felt that way, in part because we were off to a piano lesson, and in part because it was just a knee-jerk reaction to a sense of danger. It's this stalker thing that gets me. It is not right. I would have a talk with her or, as Ria suggested, comment on her blog, cut off contact, and document all my interactions with the woman and print everything she's written.

You're right- she doesn't have the right. I guess the only thing I'm torn about is the motive. I can relate to her motive, so I don't find it as devious as you do. Knowing your history, I totally get why this is so disturbing to you. In the end, i still agree with you- she's totally out of line.