• ESTP
    • ESFP
    • ENTP
    • ENFP
    • ISTP
    • ISFP
    • INTP
    • INFP

ENTJ here. I have tested as that multiple times since college and in general, I think it is fairly accurate for me. 

My Hogwarts house is Ravenclaw. We have 4 people in our family, one in each house. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

Wait, were you inside my head???  I could’ve written everything you said 😂

I do a lot of back and forth… who are we talking about? In what circumstance? Definitely the inner circle thing too. 

Hey, our dream house in Green Mountain is still for sale lol. Whoever wins the lottery first (bwahaha) will have to invite the other one over to see it IRL. I guess I need to actually buy tickets though 🤣

lol somehow I missed the last comment. Yes! I’ll send my helicopter for you. I’ve never bought a lottery ticket though…

• Like 1

I don't know how useful these personality descriptions are, but they are a little more interesting than "Love languages" to me. I already know I'm an introvert. I don't need any kind of test to tell me that. 😉  I think a lot of other variables are situationally based. 

• Like 4

Recently Dh (extrovert) and I (introvert) were at a wedding. Out of all the tables set up in the room, it eventually became clear that we had ended up at the “fun” table with three brothers who were large home builders from out of town, whom we’d never met. They were friendly and boisterous. Their wives sat together and mostly ignored me, although they were polite. Dh, a plumber, had lots to talk about with them. He never runs out of things to say. The brothers got tipsy and, to them, everything became hilarious. There couldn’t have been a more easygoing situation. Until Dh finally got up to go mingle with the bride’s father. And some of the wives left our table. The dramatic shift in the dynamic at our table was sudden and apparent. One introvert sitting across from two tipsy extroverts. I now had absolutely nothing to say whereas, moments before, I had been feeding off Dh and doing very well. Now, …..crickets. 
We whipped out cell phones and stared down at them. I counted every excruciating minute until Dh came back to our table. What a contrast. I really had a nice time, but thank goodness this sort of event is a rarity!

Ok. So just thought here I would insert a slightly related, random story. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Recently Dh (extrovert) and I (introvert) were at a wedding. Out of all the tables set up in the room, it eventually became clear that we had ended up at the “fun” table with three brothers who were large home builders from out of town, whom we’d never met. They were friendly and boisterous. Their wives sat together and mostly ignored me, although they were polite. Dh, a plumber, had lots to talk about with them. He never runs out of things to say. The brothers got tipsy and, to them, everything became hilarious. There couldn’t have been a more easygoing situation. Until Dh finally got up to go mingle with the bride’s father. And some of the wives left our table. The dramatic shift in the dynamic at our table was sudden and apparent. One introvert sitting across from two tipsy extroverts. I now had absolutely nothing to say whereas, moments before, I had been feeding off Dh and doing very well. Now, …..crickets. 
We whipped out cell phones and stared down at them. I counted every excruciating minute until Dh came back to our table. What a contrast. I really had a nice time, but thank goodness this sort of event is a rarity!

Sounds like your DH is good for you and you’re a good match 💕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I feel like 50% of the people I know say they’re INFJ and that’s not statistically possible. It’s supposed to be the rarest but also a lot of people mistype themselves as INFJ. It also seems too high here, right?

I used to type as it too when I was young. 

Wonder why the type is supposedly rare? Why would one type be oddly far more rare than all the others? Hmmmm…so many questions. Lol. 

I mean, if some/most identify as x type and many identify as a supposedly rare y type, then maybe the y type really isn’t rare? Why would you be allowed to declare yourself an bxyp and people say ok. But if you declare yourself to be an nbfw, people say, NO!! That’s not possible. That type is rare! But if we all are equally allowed to choose how we identify, how can some be denied their reality? 🧐

Does this make any sense at all? Lol. 

I guess my infj is showing in this post. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

INFP - First took the MB test in college and it fit so well and explained a bit why I was not a good fit in so many social situations. LOL

Homeschooling would have been easier if I was more of a "J" they all got through in the end. Hurrah!

So, what do you all think of the Enneagram? Better/more researched/more accurate than Myers-Briggs, or just another psych fad?

• Like 1

The " I don't want to be awake this early either, as soon as you can drive yourself to school" bit plus "You're wearing.....X...sure", " I never did my homework in school...YMMV", "Just wait 'til your father gets home and then maybe you'll have someone who sympathizes with you", "Your bedtime (curfew here) is in three hours, just start gearing up for that" and "I love you. I'm not a monster." ARE SO ME!! I feel seen...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Laurel-in-CA said:

INFP - First took the MB test in college and it fit so well and explained a bit why I was not a good fit in so many social situations. LOL

Homeschooling would have been easier if I was more of a "J" they all got through in the end. Hurrah!

So, what do you all think of the Enneagram? Better/more researched/more accurate than Myers-Briggs, or just another psych fad?

Enneagram and Real Colors are used at work. More general, less descriptive/precise IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

Welcome to my world. Mando military functions are TORTURE for me. Last weekend DH left me within 10 min of arrival. I shared my thoughts with him later. Did not approve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Right? I mean E people are probably out there being people-y instead of hanging out on a message board. 

This is where I think my E/I being almost 50/50 comes in... I do get energy from being around other people (rather than being drained), but apparently Zoom/online and my family has been pretty much enough socializing for me during Covid.  I've barely seen people in 3 years and I feel fine...  I think I've also gone through phases in my life where I've swung more one way than the other.  I definitely leant into the E more when the kids were at home and my 20s?  Teen years, and now, I think I may be leaning more I.

I chat up strangers in public (that I will never see again), but I hate hate hate small talk in groups of people I'm just acquainted with (which is unfortunately a lot of 'social' events).  

Edited by Matryoshka
  • Like 1

ISTJ. My 14yo is very into Myers-Briggs (she would correct me here and say it's really about the cognitive functions) so it's a frequent topic at our house.

Earlier today my 11yo (literally my opposite, ENFP) said to me, "Is ISTJ-ing fun?" I looked at her and said "I don't really...do...fun." Then I asked 14yo (who is INTP), what would you expect an ISTJ to say to that, and she said "pretty much exactly what you just said." 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Although it is said to be a very rare (and I believe the rarest of all*) personality types, I think all the men who post here regularly are somehow ENTJ  :tongue:

Although, the past three years contently living like a hermit, has me questioning my own "extraversion."

Bill

*ETA: Further reading on the web suggests that ENTJ may be #2 behind INFJ in terms of rarity.

Edited by Spy Car
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Spy Car said:

Although it is said to be a very rare (and I believe the rarest of all*) personality types, I think all the men who post here regularly are somehow ENTJ  :tongue:

Although, the past three years contently living like a hermit, has me questioning my own "extraversion."

Bill

*ETA: Further reading on the web suggests that ENTJ may be #2 behind INFJ in terms of rarity.

I am also ENTJ and the strength of my E varies with my life situation, while the others consistently score very strong.

• Like 2

Even though I’m still showing as an INTJ, the description doesn’t quite match me. I started reading other descriptions and they don’t match either. I’ll have to look at my numbers again. I must be close to the middle for some of the categories. 

• Like 1

I just took it and came out ISFJ-T, but I've come out INTJ in the past.   I'm not sure I completely agree.

I'm definitely Introverted. 

Edited to add:  my observant, feeling, turbulent are almost exactly 50/50 - less than 5% into one side or the other.   Only Introverted and Judging were strong traits.    I agree with that.  

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 1

INTJ, although the T is fairly close to F. I was amazed at the result when I first took the test, because it was absolutely spot on.

I think DS was INFP, but the F & T were pretty close for him too.

DD took the test for a class while I happened to be sitting next to her, and I had to bite my tongue so hard! I don't know if she was purposely choosing answers she thought would result in a flattering profile, but they were often the polar opposite of what I would have selected if asked to describe her. I don't remember what type she ended up with, but you would have thought this kid was Mother Teresa the way she answered the questions, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

Wonder why the type is supposedly rare? Why would one type be oddly far more rare than all the others? Hmmmm…so many questions. Lol. 

I mean, if some/most identify as x type and many identify as a supposedly rare y type, then maybe the y type really isn’t rare? Why would you be allowed to declare yourself an bxyp and people say ok. But if you declare yourself to be an nbfw, people say, NO!! That’s not possible. That type is rare! But if we all are equally allowed to choose how we identify, how can some be denied their reality? 🧐

Does this make any sense at all? Lol. 

I guess my infj is showing in this post. 😀

When the types are placed in the proper order they fall into a bell curve just like any other human traits. Different populations might have different curves. For instance, here we have a lot o I/J types but in a room full of people in the computer industry you would probably find a lot of INTPs.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Laurel-in-CA said:

I have tried the Enneagram system but it just didn't click for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

This is where I think my E/I being almost 50/50 comes in... I do get energy from being around other people (rather than being drained), but apparently Zoom/online and my family has been pretty much enough socializing for me during Covid.  I've barely seen people in 3 years and I feel fine...  I think I've also gone through phases in my life where I've swung more one way than the other.  I definitely leant into the E more when the kids were at home and my 20s?  Teen years, and now, I think I may be leaning more I.

I chat up strangers in public (that I will never see again), but I hate hate hate small talk in groups of people I'm just acquainted with (which is unfortunately a lot of 'social' events).  

After three years of Covid I was like, "Why can't we always live this way?" 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, purpleowl said:

ISTJ. My 14yo is very into Myers-Briggs (she would correct me here and say it's really about the cognitive functions) so it's a frequent topic at our house.

Earlier today my 11yo (literally my opposite, ENFP) said to me, "Is ISTJ-ing fun?" I looked at her and said "I don't really...do...fun." Then I asked 14yo (who is INTP), what would you expect an ISTJ to say to that, and she said "pretty much exactly what you just said." 😄

My kids/their friends tell me that I am unintentionally funny for similar reasons. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purpleowl said:

My 26 year old is very into this, talking about introverted and extroverted functions and it is really all over my head. I am happy enough to know my type and that it seems to fit me. I don't need any deeper than that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garga said:

Even though I’m still showing as an INTJ, the description doesn’t quite match me. I started reading other descriptions and they don’t match either. I’ll have to look at my numbers again. I must be close to the middle for some of the categories. 

See my post about when your type doesn't turn out like you expected and see if that might be playing into what's going on here.

43 minutes ago, Junie said:

So far, I think I am the only ENFP.  Which, I suppose, means that I'm an outlier among outliers.

I have three ENFPs. If I had to guess, I would have pegged two of them as INFPs but they say their types feel right to them. SO what does a mom know?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

INTJ, although the T is fairly close to F. I was amazed at the result when I first took the test, because it was absolutely spot on.

I think DS was INFP, but the F & T were pretty close for him too.

DD took the test for a class while I happened to be sitting next to her, and I had to bite my tongue so hard! I don't know if she was purposely choosing answers she thought would result in a flattering profile, but they were often the polar opposite of what I would have selected if asked to describe her. I don't remember what type she ended up with, but you would have thought this kid was Mother Teresa the way she answered the questions, lol.

This may be due to what I posted earlier about feeling one way on the inside but acting a different way in real life. Then it makes it hard to know how to answer the questions, like how think this should be versus how they really are. Other problems could be she is too young and her personality is not completely set yet or she is to close to the middle on many answers/types. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

I just took it and came out ISFJ-T, but I've come out INTJ in the past.   I'm not sure I completely agree.

I'm definitely Introverted. 

Edited to add:  my observant, feeling, turbulent are almost exactly 50/50 - less than 5% into one side or the other.   Only Introverted and Judging were strong traits.    I agree with that.  

I’m the same! Almost exactly 50/50 with the middle letters. None of the descriptions of the personalities quite fit me. I am strong with the I and the J, but those middle traits are fuzzy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Garga said:

I’m the same! Almost exactly 50/50 with the middle letters. None of the descriptions of the personalities quite fit me. I am strong with the I and the J, but those middle traits are fuzzy.

Same for me! I’m INFJ but have tested as INTJ... interestingly, that occurred at a time when I was distancing myself from my emotions even more than I normally do...

I have a profound need for autonomy and alone time to process everything my over-active brain is mulling. I’m intensely curious and philosophical and there is usually a lot going on in my mind. I tend to see all sides of an issue in ways that others in my life usually don’t. I think that adds to the feeling of not belonging, especially in these highly polarized times where everyone seems to be so sure of which side has it “right”.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, KidsHappen said:

See my post about when your type doesn't turn out like you expected and see if that might be playing into what's going on here.

My original exposure to MB was at college, and the person who utilized this on campus for career counseling, etc. was really fluent in all the details in ways that helped resolve this stuff.

I typed close on a couple of measures when I first tested, and this person helped sort that out. When I got into my very first job out of college, her insights rang completely true!

In my personal life, I was reared by SJ parents, and I live with three males who all have F in their very different types (and all are 2e), so I don’t always come across as straight INTJ.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 5:08 AM, Pawz4me said:

I don't know if it helps, but I've always been exceptionally skeptical of (and usually scoffing about) "tests" like these, but the MB is eerily accurate for me. I was a little stunned the first time I did it. It was like reading a very detailed and very accurate profile of myself.

Same.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2023 at 9:06 AM, KidsHappen said:

INTJ is the rarest type for a female in the general population.

I hadn’t met many at all until the last few years (and on here), but when I do, it’s like a homing beacon. Eventually someone will casually ask if I’ve heard of  MB, lol, and we’re off to the races.

Sometimes it’s someone married to an INTJ that brings it up. It’s fun when I get a chance to talk about MB with male INTJs too and compare notes. 

20 hours ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

https://www.personalityclub.com/isfp-parent/

I thought this was interesting @Elizabeth86  

An ISFP parent will actually become more like an extrovert when their children are young, forgoing their usual need for privacy in exchange for spending most of their time in the presence of their children.

This part really stood out! Definitely. I spend ALL my time with these kiddos. I feel so lonely without them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

An ISFP parent will actually become more like an extrovert when their children are young, forgoing their usual need for privacy in exchange for spending most of their time in the presence of their children.

This part really stood out! Definitely. I spend ALL my time with these kiddos. I feel so lonely without them.

That’s the part that stood out to me too and is completely true for me. Like “leave me alone” unless you’re my small tribe of people then please don’t ever leave 🤣

I also think that the part about how your kids different personalities will receive your parenting style was interesting. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, Spy Car said:

Bill

I think you may still be the rarest, unless there is newer information than this. 

Edited by Indigo Blue

MB is the only test that has ever felt true to me.  I am ENFJ and that feels right.  It addresses the nuances for me that some of the others ones do not, like my having a strong streak of introversion in my extroversion. 

Where I taught and my seminary used DISC, which I hated with a passion.  The test itself made me go..."it depends" on every single question.

I like the enneagram, but I cannot figure out what number I am.  When I googled what enneagram is ENFJ, it says 2, 3 and 9 which is close.  When I have done enneagram test I am strong in 9 and 3, with a big dash of 6. I also have some 7 and 4.