Menu

Where are my bowls?

Terabith

10 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I am missing a teal Fiesta soup bowl, and a white soup bowl with a brown ridge.  I have no idea where they are.  How the heck can bowls disappear?  

I haven't investigated my teenager's room yet, but I can't imagine her having both of them.  

Arg.  

Be sure to check under the bed.

Bill

Just now, Terabith said:

So, her bed is just a mattress on the floor.  Not because we're trying to be mean, terrible people, but because her logic is there can't be any monsters under the bed if there is no "under."  

It definitely reduces the hiding spots.  

Monsters only live in closets.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Or in your husband's shed or office... That or you'll remember it's in the cabinet with the cat food because your 4 year old insisted that's where they need to go and you were too tired to fight them on it. 

That or your neighbor's drying rack because she keeps meaning to return it to you but forgets. (I'm the neighbor.)

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Spy Car said:

Monsters only live in closets.

Bill

There are actually several species and they have remarkable adaptive properties. My son’s manages to hide in the pile of may-be-clean-or-dirty clothes on his floor. This monster survives on spoons. 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Eos said:

Definitely in Ds' car filled with decayed bits of pasta with meat sauce, apple cores, Nerds wrappers, crusty cereal, and dried yogurt.  I'd just let 'em go.

Oh, how about this: our family took a ski vacation last Christmas. We brought ds’ friend who is well known for his executive function, Ummm, issues. 

For one of the days, dd drove to the ski place and took the others; dh and I stayed back at the house. 

About a week after the trip, dd discovered that our absent-minded friend had left a banana on the back ledge in her car, next to the rear windshield. Eww! 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Terabith said:

The closet monsters are why she has a carefully thought out series of traps to trip up the monster and make enough noise to wake up the house.  

So *that's* why there is no room to actually walk in DS's room? The piles of laundry, electronics, suitcases, and blankets are actually monster traps?!

I would have nagged less had I realized they perform an essential service!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Broken and they forgot they broke it and cleaned it up.

This happened to my Star Trek tea cup (a style seen on Deep Space Nine) and nobody remembers breaking it, which I believe, but I found a broken piece under the refrigerator, so it is definitely broken.

A few of us can be absent-minded like this, but I was glad to know it wasn’t just missing, when I found the broken piece.  

Because I have set things down outside, in the shed, on a garage shelf where I don’t see it, etc, sometimes things will turn up much later!  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Boymama5 said:

I was just going to say this!  All of my bowls have been recovered but the spoons seem to have run away to a black hole. 

I actually have a ton of spoons but at one point this summer I realized I was constantly stressed by having trouble finding forks/ needing to do dishes constantly because of no forks.  So I bought like 16 from a restaurant supply company for something insane like $5, and my stress level went down measurably.  

• Like 2

I found the real fiesta bowl in the teenager’s room.  Also a plate.  My husband says it’s possible that he broke one of the white bowls but he thinks the one he broke was from a set a friend got us from target when we got married.  

So, not sure if I should keep looking for white bowl or assume it was the one he broke.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Boymama5 said:

I was just going to say this!  All of my bowls have been recovered but the spoons seem to have run away to a black hole. 

In found three spoons under my teenager‘s mattress. Not under the bed, shoved between the box spring and mattress. She claimed no knowledge of how they got there. Really? You think maybe the troll under the bed left them there?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tiberia said:

They are orbiting Jupiter, along with all my missing socks, utensils, and keys. Also, all the lost airline luggage is orbiting Jupiter, too. It's a little known fact that Jupiter's rings are made up of Earth's lost items.

I think my favorite reading glasses are there too. Reminds me, I need to order another pair. Which will instantly cause the old pair to show up, I'm sure. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Terabith said:

I am missing a teal Fiesta soup bowl, and a white soup bowl with a brown ridge.  I have no idea where they are.  How the heck can bowls disappear?  

I haven't investigated my teenager's room yet, but I can't imagine her having both of them.  

Arg.  

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

I found the real fiesta bowl in the teenager’s room.  Also a plate.  My husband says it’s possible that he broke one of the white bowls but he thinks the one he broke was from a set a friend got us from target when we got married.  

So, not sure if I should keep looking for white bowl or assume it was the one he broke.  

Never underestimate the power of a teen to make dishes, glasses, and cutlery disappear.

• Like 1