Menu

Could use prayers/positive thoughts tomorrow morning :-)

mlktwins

So...I have medical anxiety.  I fell on my knee in mid-July (it wasn't pretty).  I had all kinds of scrapes (which I posted about on here if anyone read my white pus thread LOL) and all of that healed well.  My knee isn't horrible, but it isn't healed either.  I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning and I'm totally freaked out.  Worried I fractured my knee cap or will need surgery of some kind.  I know I need it checked as I can't fix it if I don't know what is wrong with it.  Hopefully more rest, special knee brace, PT, or something, but am preparing to hear it is worse than that.  Please pray it is nothing too major as it hasn't been the greatest summer here.

On top of the knee appt, I am having my big eye surgery on Friday (for my macular pucker and removal of my floaters).  I am a wreck about that too, but was very calm when I had my cataract surgery in June.  This is just a bigger/move involved surgery and more careful recovery.  If it works, it will be great as my vision in that eye is very distorted.  I won't be able to see out of that eye for about a week so that will be different. 

Am also working on college apps with 2 seniors 😋.  

Anyway, prayers or positive thoughts for me to have some calm and for the diagnosis not to be too terrible.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 11

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and I hope the news is better than you fear. I also have a medical anxiety appointment tomorrow. I have to fess up to my doctor that I chickened out of my MRI for my neck. I thought I had been getting better dealing with MRIs but apparently not. So I totally get the anxiety and the worry. Plus, anything that limits movement can cause such a huge stress in our lives. I hope the doctor discovers the problem and the problem has an easy fix. Hugs!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and I hope the news is better than you fear. I also have a medical anxiety appointment tomorrow. I have to fess up to my doctor that I chickened out of my MRI for my neck. I thought I had been getting better dealing with MRIs but apparently not. So I totally get the anxiety and the worry. Plus, anything that limits movement can cause such a huge stress in our lives. I hope the doctor discovers the problem and the problem has an easy fix. Hugs!

I will be thinking of you too!!!  I'm so sorry.  I'm not a fan of MRI's either :-(.  I just know the sooner I know what is going on, the sooner it will be better (hopefully) and the worry of not knowing will be over.  It took me over a month to make the appt. 

You've got this!!

• Like 2

I survived the appt!!!  On my way home.  Nothing fractured.  Need an MRI and PT.  Maybe an issue with my miniscus (sp?), but thinks probably no surgery.  I can only bend it 115 degrees because I have been babying it so long.  I should have gone in sooner!!!

The numb/weird sensation where my bad scrapes were should fade over time.

Thank you for all the prayers and positive thoughts!  They helped!!!

• Like 24

5 minutes ago, mlktwins said:

I survived the appt!!!  On my way home.  Nothing fractured.  Need an MRI and PT.  Maybe an issue with my miniscus (sp?), but thinks probably no surgery.  I can only bend it 115 degrees because I have been babying it so long.  I should have gone in sooner!!!

Great news!!

2 hours ago, mlktwins said:

It's fine line between healing and hurting. I hope the MRI is not a big deal at all and that you can find time for PT with all you have going on. 🙂 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mlktwins said:

I'm so glad it went well! PT should get the knee bending 🤞, so I'm glad he referred that for you. And about going in sooner...it's so hard to know sometimes what the right thing to do is. I'm a "wait and see" kind of person so I totally get not going in sooner. Plus, I have the fear of them thinking I've wasted their time on me because it's actually something minor so I don't go in until it isn't getting better or is actually getting worse. 

My appointment went fine. He laughed about me chickening out and prescribed some valium. Now I guess I have to go. My blood pressure was weird though. First it was 89/69, so she did it again and it was 87/72. She  recommended I go to the ER, of course I didn't (see above about being a wait and see person). LOL

2 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I'm so glad it went well! PT should get the knee bending 🤞, so I'm glad he referred that for you. And about going in sooner...it's so hard to know sometimes what the right thing to do is. I'm a "wait and see" kind of person so I totally get not going in sooner. Plus, I have the fear of them thinking I've wasted their time on me because it's actually something minor so I don't go in until it isn't getting better or is actually getting worse. 

My appointment went fine. He laughed about me chickening out and prescribed some valium. Now I guess I have to go. My blood pressure was weird though. First it was 89/69, so she did it again and it was 87/72. She  recommended I go to the ER, of course I didn't (see above about being a wait and see person). LOL

Wait, was your blood pressure that low on Valium?  Because that’s WAY WAY less worrisome if so.  

• Like 1