Menu

What shows are you looking forward to this fall?

mommyoffive

Yellowstone. I grew up in different areas of Montana, including a reservation and also north of the Paradise Valley area, and am surprised how accurately the show depicts the people and issues. I disagree with some parts and the family is over the top, but otherwise it’s spot on. As a bonus, most characters have the accent down although I don’t hear the Native American inflections or “ay?” at the end of sentences like you’d hear on the reservations. Soundtrack has some good songs, too.

• Like 2

I'm waiting for the return of:
Grey's Anatomy
This is Us
The Resident
maybe Good Doctor, we'll see 
maybe New Amsterdam, we'll see
SEAL Team
maybe The Rookie....???? 
Cobra Kai, when it ever comes back
currently watching Ted Lasso
getting ready to finish up Evil
Stranger Things, when it ever returns.......

Hmmm. This makes it look like I watch tons of TV. Yikes. some of these are "DH and I" shows, some are whole family watches together shows, and some are "mom's guilty pleasures" shows that I watch on nights the guys are video gaming. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

……Sneaking in to say….

I would be fine without ahem,…cough…football. I say this knowing full well that it puts me at high risk to have all of @fraidycat’s excessive apple supply hurled at me by @mommyoffive

*ducking*   🍏🍎🍏🍏🍎

You can come to my house, never any sports on over here. Maybe once a blue moon a UFC fight but you can't blame us on that, dh used to fight in a cage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

……Sneaking in to say….

I would be fine without ahem,…cough…football. I say this knowing full well that it puts me at high risk to have all of @fraidycat’s excessive apple supply hurled at me by @mommyoffive

*ducking*   🍏🍎🍏🍏🍎

Were not longer friends!  😱😡😆

im also looking forward to Ghost Hunters, which starts in October.   

• Haha 1

Mark has embraced bread making. Gluten free too! His results are wonderful. So he has decided to watch "bread week" episodes of Great British Baking.

I have decided to watch more Worst Cooks. I am a very good cook so I don't need it for that. But I tend to get stuck in ruts especially with sides. Anne B always has some great ideas. I don't need recipes per second, just ideas for side combos and flavor profiles.

Beyond that, we don't have any other ideas for shows once we aren't spending evenings around backyard fires or van camping.

50 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

……Sneaking in to say….

*ducking*   🍏🍎🍏🍏🍎

What me a football fan? Say what?   Nope I don't watch sports at all and football is one I really don't like.  I watched a little Olympics but don't get into it a lot.  I think I like it more because you are hearing people's stories and then get to watch them compete or perform. 

We hardly ever have sports on at our house and then it is just dh who is watching.  Maybe a few big football games a year, not the whole thing just clips.  I would go nuts with games on all the time.

1 minute ago, mommyoffive said:

What me a football fan? Say what?   Nope I don't watch sports at all and football is one I really don't like.  I watched a little Olympics but don't get into it a lot.  I think I like it more because you are hearing people's stories and then get to watch them compete or perform. 

We hardly ever have sports on at our house and then it is just dh who is watching.  Maybe a few big football games a year, not the whole thing just clips.  I would go nuts with games on all the time.

Oh! I got you confused with @WildflowerMom! Sorry! No wonder she came out and declared an end to our friendship!!😂😂😂

My mistake. You can join me at @hjffkj’s house where there are no sports except for the occasional fight. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

Succession

Billions

Curb Your Enthusiasm

What We Do in the Shadows (just started again last week)

Thanks for reminding me about Succession. Also, didn't know there was a series for What We Do in the Shadows. One of my favorite movies though, so I will definitely check it out!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Well, we're really into college football, SEC football to be exact.   If you watched a game with us, I bet I could make you a convert!   🏈🏈🏈

💛

That is a bold statement, I need someone to take you up on that offer and report back how it goes😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Come down here, hjffk, and you, too, can be a football fanatic.    Sounds like a commercial, doesn’t it?    I’m in Georgia— Loving college football is required.  

My sister is in Alabama and loving college football is a requirement there as well. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Come down here, hjffk, and you, too, can be a football fanatic.    Sounds like a commercial, doesn’t it?    I’m in Georgia— Loving college football is required.  

ah, I was wondering what team(s) you support. DH got me into college football when our boys went to college, and both ended up at schools with good/decent teams. One SEC, one currently being wooed to join the Big 12 now that those other 2 decided to become SEC teams. 

I will say this -- in person college games are SO MUCH MORE FUN than in person NFL games. The spirit/atmosphere is just so....vibrant? Lively? Enthusiastic? I don't know, but it is easy to become a convert to college football, for sure! 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

My sister is in Alabama and loving college football is a requirement there as well. 

TN too! My Dh is a lifelong Vols fan (no matter how bad they are!) We are not going to any games, though, bc of covid. 

Edited by ScoutTN

1 hour ago, WildflowerMom said:

Well, we're really into college football, SEC football to be exact.   If you watched a game with us, I bet I could make you a convert!   🏈🏈🏈

💛

Same here.  We were absolutely giddy on Saturday! Team flag out, chili in crockpot, a specially decorated big chocolate chip cookie, and a full day of SEC football.