Menu

What's with the ads?

Katy

Hypothetically speaking...

16 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I have been divorced from my first husband for 9 years.  Remarrried to second husband for 8.....the other day I almost signed my old name.  Smh.  I mean i did have that name for 26 years....but still. 

Yup! Been married for 26 years and sometimes I almost sign my maiden name.

I forgot my birthday when asked at the pharmacy. At first I said the wrong date. Then I figured out the right one. The pharmacist confirmed with my daughter who was with me, which was my correct birthdate so that she could release the medication. 

• Like 1

Once when we were crossing the Canadian border back into the US, US Customs and Immigration leaned into our van and asked my dh how many children we had.  My very smart dh had to turn and look over his shoulder and count our kids!  It was bizarre!  I finally just hollered "Five!  We have five!"  So, there are such things as brain blips. Another thought is that your dh was a million miles away in his thoughts  -- thinking through a project at work or some other stress -- and it just took his brain a bit of time to get back into the present moment.

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, J-rap said:

Once when we were crossing the Canadian border back into the US, US Customers and Immigrations leaned into our van and asked my dh how many children we had.  My very smart dh had to turn and look over his shoulder and count our kids!  It was bizarre!  I finally just hollered "Five!  We have five!"  So, there are such things as brain blips. Another thought is that your dh was a million miles away in his thoughts  -- thinking through a project at work or some other stress -- and it just took his brain a bit of time to get back into the present moment.

I can't tell you how many times a hostess at a restaurant or person taking tickets for something has asked how many in our party and I just shrug and point and say "that many". 

• Like 1

I'm pretty confrontational so my response would have been a bit aggressive.  As in "who is she, where is she and what in the hell is going on here?"  Now mind, I'm not saying that is the correct response, but then again maybe it is. And if there isn't a "she" then you're going in to the doctor.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Quill said:

To me, this is just not the same as the scenario Katy posted. I call my dh or my kids by the wrong name sometimes, but it’s usually when I am exasperated with them. It has never, ever been during a tender moment such as caressing a baby’s cheek. To me, it is pretty much impossible for me to come up with the wrong name at a tender moment because I only have tender feelings connected with a small number of names and none of them are my co-workers. 

To use a similar analogy, if dh was giving me a naked massage and, while reveling in the massage comfort, I called him by an irrelevant name, that’s bound to raise some questions. Those comfortable, sensual feelings cannot possibly be connected to many names, kwim? 

Oh, I call my kids by wrong names during tender moments all.the.time.

Not random non family names though.

1 hour ago, maize said:

Oh, I call my kids by wrong names during tender moments all.the.time.

Not random non family names though.

That’s what I mean, though. Substituting in someone he supposedly has no tender feelings for during a tender moment. 

I didn’t make that clear. 

• Like 2