Menu

How old were your children when their feet stopped growing?

athomeontheprairie

41 members have voted

1. 1. How old were your dc when their feet stopped growing?

• wait they stop?

My dd10 wears a woman's size 9. Surely, soon, her feet will stop growing? Right? How old were your dc when they hit their adult size? (Or close to it? Say they stayed at one size for more than two years then grew another half size-that's close enough.

Edited by athomeontheprairie

Sagg is almost 13 and wears the same size as his dad. 

I wore a 4 at 21 and I'm now an 8.5, so my vote is for maybe never?

Feet can (permanently) get bigger during pregnancy/weight gain.

For me, I don't recall. I stopped growing at about 12yo, so my feet did too I think? My 8yo's feet will presumably keep growing for quite a while longer - he wears a size 1.5 (and is 3'11").

Maybe you should split the poll into two questions - one for boys' age and one for girls'?

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 2

My feet stopped at age 13 at a size 9 when I also stopped growing height-wise.

I now wear a size 9.5 or 10 due to having babies.

My dd12 wears a size 12 women's shoe!!!! I'm really hoping her feet stop growing soon because it is becoming difficult to find shoes for her!

I think my 15 year old dd's feet have finally settled on a size 11. They have been this size for a year now. But I thought they stopped at size 10 and then at 10.5.

It is very difficult to find age appropriate shoes for your 10 year old when she wears a woman's large size.

My 17 year old ds seems to have stopped at size 12 but he is not done growing so who knows.

I voted 14 but I can't quite remember. I think ds was 14 or 15, or maybe even 16. His feet took longer than I expected to stop growing. He wears size 11, one size bigger than dh.

His girlfriend currently wears the same size I do (8). She actually had to borrow a pair from me once when we were all on a trip together and she got the one pair she brought with her wet and muddy. She's 15. I don't know if her feet have stopped growing.

Edited by Lady Florida

it varied.

how tall is your dd?  how tall is she likely to be? (I was happy when dss could *not* wear my shoes anymore.)

though my tallest son, has slightly shorter feet (and odd sizes too.) than his brother.  largest shoe size is 13.

oh- 2dd wears an 11.   she's tall.

Edited by gardenmom5

I'm guessing that it's going to be really different for boys and girls. My feet stopped growing at age 11 or so and so did most of my friends', but most of the boys I know of seem to stop more like 15 or 16. My boys are 11 - they're clearly not at their adult sized feet yet or anywhere near. I mean, they're on that cusp between youth and adult sizes (7) and that's annoying right now but I'm guessing they'll end up with at least a size 11 in the end so they have a ways to go.

I have no idea.  That would be some number of months before I bought them shoes that were the same size as the previous pair.  I have no reference for that.  I can say that my 17yo son got the same size shoes this time as last, but I don't remember the time before that.

And, my 19yodd has worn a half size bigger than me for several years, but I have recently grown and we wear the same size.  (not helpful, I'm sure)

10yodd is still steadily growing.  

My dd10 wears a woman's size 9. Surely, soon, her feet will stop growing? Right? How old were your dc when they hit their adult size? (Or close to it? Say they stayed at one size for more than two years then grew another half size-that's close enough.

I wore a size 9 in 4th grade and I wear a 9 1/2 now :)  I've only grown about 4 or 5" since then.  So I slowed down a lot after about age 10.

I hope my boys' feet stop growing soon--my 11 and 13 year olds are each about 5'6" and wear a men's 11 shoe, yikes!!

B

• Like 1

Mine seemed to have both stopped around twelve. They are the same height (5'6") but one wears a 6.5 and the other is a 9. I keep expecting younger, who is a 9, to get a bit taller but she seems to have stopped.

I stopped around 12 as well but they did grow half a size with my second pregnancy.

Edited by Joker

I remember by grade. The shoes I had in 8th grade were worn for years and years--so my feet must have stopped growing by about 13. And I was probably close to full height then. My middle dd in 10th grade still wears shoes I got her in 5th grade. Her feet probably grew a half size in 5th/6th grade, so her feet stopped sometime around age 11/12. She was also an early grower and had her big growth spurts in 4th/5th grade. Youngest is in 7th grade, almost 13 and feet are still growing, as she is too. I think her big growth spurt is still to come--she's been very steady at about 2.5" per year. Seems there has to be a year that will be more than that but we haven't hit it yet. I'm thinking that feet "spurt" before the rest of you. Youngest's feet have definitely been "spurting"--maybe the rest will follow soon!

I voted 15yo for both ds's. Dd is only 10 and already wears women's 7.5; I didn't vote for her.

I can't remember when mine stopped growing; I'm guessing around 14-15yo. I didn't actually stop growing height-wise until around 17yo. After 3 pregnancies I now wear a size larger. Dh has always worn 10 since I've known him, which was 18yo--so for over 30 years. 

Mine stopped growing after 6th grade until I became an adult.  I reached my full height around 8th grade. I think they grew another half size and then stopped until I had kids.  Then another half size.   ETA:  They grew another full size between 3 pregnancies. 

Edited by dirty ethel rackham