Menu

I got to...

MedicMom

He's having a much rougher day. He's got some fluid in his lungs giving him some trouble breathing, and his heart rate keeps dipping very low and not coming back up.

He has gained weight and is still taking breastmilk through the feeding tube well.

I got to hold him skin to skin for two hours today. His vitals stabilized and frankly I felt the best about everything that I have in a week.

Please continue to keep our family in your prayers. Even though he's doing so well the stress is starting to affect everyone. I don't have a lot of IRL help, and my husband isn't able to do everything he thinks he should do because of his shoulder. Tomorrow we have to really sit down and go over finances, which isn't going to be...fun. I will take all the good prayers and thoughts you will send our way. :-)

• Like 12

Praying here! I'm so glad you got to hold him skin to skin, that crucial for both of you. I hope the finances aren't going to be overly stressful. :grouphug:

We checked on SS. Our income and his birth weight disqualified us. Now that our income is sliced in half for the foreseeable future I should ask the social worker again.

I am honestly really discouraged tonight. I am alone at the hospital with no money and starving, and my husband has been delayed picking me up and they are having trouble getting his PICC line in, so I have to wait outside the NICU anyway.

Sorry to vent. I just need a hug right now.

• Like 3

Continuing to pray for Baby Caden and your family. Do you have a church community or home school community local to you that can help out? This has to be so stressful for your family. Is there anything we can do?

No. We have a church that our kids attend regularly and where we go when we aren't working, but they haven't offered anything. I am only starting to get involved with the local homeschool community.

I bit my pride and put an appeal on my personal facebook earlier. We don't need money, just practical help like meals or childcare or even like restaurant gift cards. I hate to do it but it's only been a week and I'm running on empty.

I'm sorry. I am just having a rough night. And post partum hormones...

• Like 3

We checked on SS. Our income and his birth weight disqualified us. Now that our income is sliced in half for the foreseeable future I should ask the social worker again.

I am honestly really discouraged tonight. I am alone at the hospital with no money and starving, and my husband has been delayed picking me up and they are having trouble getting his PICC line in, so I have to wait outside the NICU anyway.

No. We have a church that our kids attend regularly and where we go when we aren't working, but they haven't offered anything. I am only starting to get involved with the local homeschool community.

I bit my pride and put an appeal on my personal facebook earlier. We don't need money, just practical help like meals or childcare or even like restaurant gift cards. I hate to do it but it's only been a week and I'm running on empty.

I'm sorry. I am just having a rough night. And post partum hormones...

Reach out as much as you need to whomever you can and don't feel bad about it.  You have had to deal with so much for so long.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

So glad you got to hold him, at least.  Hang in there.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

When I was at the NICU with my Miracle Baby Girl, breastfeeding mothers received free meals, as much as I wanted and whenever I wanted.  Ask!  The staff may assume you know, and I think that's a pretty standard thing.

:grouphug:   I had an ugly emergency c/s, dealt with NICU, etc...2.5 years ago.  I vividly remember the pain and stress so I am praying knowingly.  Soak in those moments that you can hold him, try to relax while you pump milk, and journal about your sweet new boy. It's amazing how you forget things in a trauma.

:grouphug:  :grouphug: I was thinking of you this morning, and wishing I could help (but I am a long way away). I think your sharing your story with us will make me more sensitive in the future to help out others in similar situations, so thank you. We don't have a lot to share financially, but I can cook and I can babysit and I can listen. :grouphug:  :grouphug: