Menu

Friend in danger after childbirth

SunnyDays

I could use some positive thoughts, prayers, whatever you've got... just worrying and had to share.

Found out this morning that a friend, a homeschooling mama, just had her 6th baby this morning. Baby is fine, mom is in trouble. My friend started hemorrhaging and was rushed into surgery, given several units of blood, and is currently in ICU. I haven't had updates yet, but it sounds pretty dire. I'm scared for her, and worried for her husband and kids... my son has known her two oldest since they were all toddlers.

ETA: Update in post 27... Better news.

I could use some positive thoughts, prayers, whatever you've got... just worrying and had to share.

Found out this morning that a friend, a homeschooling mama, just had her 6th baby this morning.  Baby is fine, mom is in trouble.  My friend started hemorrhaging and was rushed into surgery, given several units of blood, and is currently in ICU.  I haven't had updates yet, but it sounds pretty dire.  I'm scared for her, and worried for her husband and kids... my son has known her two oldest since they were all toddlers. 

Wow, I pray she pulls through. 

Thanks everyone. News is better this afternoon. Her DH said she was awake and alert, and hoped to have breathing tubes removed. (I think I'm glad I hadn't known she needed them in the first place!) she is in a lot of pain and will be in ICU for a few days. She finally got to hold her little one this afternoon. 😊

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes! It's still serious and they'll watch her closely, but they're optimistic.

Thanks for asking.  Things got a bit worse before getting better... she was bleeding and taken back into surgery again Saturday, along with getting more transfusions.  This poor woman had over a dozen units of blood in a few days' time. 

Finally things were looking up today, and amazingly, she was transferred out of ICU Sunday evening and is much improved.  So relieved and thankful.  Baby is doing well, and all the news looks to be positive at this point. 

Life is so precious, and I'm so glad these children will get their mom home with them soon.  :001_wub: