Menu

Who would move here? :)

Liz CA

149 members have voted

1. 1. Would you move here?

• I could spend a weekend / vacation here
    • Would NOT set foot in it
    • I could live here

No.  The windows would be awful to clean.

As much as I love the ocean, I would not enjoy the fishbowl experience. I would have windows only going out to water view and I would need some good sun blinds when you get a full Western exposure in the evening hours.  :) And the interior was much too sterile but that is just a decor issue...

Even if I didn't have an intense fear of heights and deep water, who would insure that? Perhaps on a bet with $ as the reward, I'd live there for brief period, like a week or a month, but otherwise no f-in way. 

:iagree:   Except I think the most I'd be able to manage even on a bet is about 24 hours!!  :svengo:

Oh I would!

I love the view, love the minimalist interior, love the floor to ceiling windows.

only prob is my elderly dogs that can't really do stairs but it does have a lift....  I think I'll take it.

Only, with those windows and the ocean breeze, you wouldn't be able to see out all that well. The saltwater spray would have things looking blurry most all the time.

I just can't help but wonder what happens in an earthquake or tsunami? What kind of safety protections are built in? It would be very dependent upon specific location, I should think.

not much different than highrises built in earthquake zones. All of Vancouver is at high risk of earthquake. We lived in a highrise until 8 years ago. My parents are in one of the buildings here:

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000sVY._BbU8yo/s/710/vancouver-skyline-reflection-7061.jpg

You just have to put your trust in engineers & architects.

You either know me well or you read the same blog as I do. :)

Actually, kinda long story. Older son locked younger son, who is scared of the dark, in a public restroom with no lights last week and stood outside the door laughing at him. I was trying to explain how awful that was and he didn't get it because he isn't afraid of the dark. He is scared of heights though, so I went googling for images he would be scared of and this came up in the news.

not much different than highrises built in earthquake zones. All of Vancouver is at high risk of earthquake. We lived in a highrise until 8 years ago. My parents are in one of the buildings here:

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000sVY._BbU8yo/s/710/vancouver-skyline-reflection-7061.jpg

You just have to put your trust in engineers & architects.

Yeah... wasn't it this past summer that the floors of the glass viewing box on the Willis Tower cracked?

http://news.yahoo.com/cracks-appear-in-willis-tower-s-skydeck-145710739.html

Their words were that they designed it to do so.   :scared:  Definitely not enough trust on my part.

Nowhere for my tomatoes or chickens. Not that I really need a better reason to say no...

I bet, some attachment could be built that protrudes forward into sun exposure and could be slid back when chickens need shade. You could have tomatoes in a pot and a few chickens! :)

No way after seeing the effect of erosion on Pacifica leading to evacuations.

"According to city officials and workers at the apartments, as much as 40 feet of land has disappeared at the property in the past year. Early Thursday, the bluff starting falling away in alarmingly large chunks, and city officials red-tagged the apartments." (From SF Chronicles, Dec 2009)