Menu

I need ideas for "I kicked that guy to the curb and I'm strong" type pop songs for a friend

HappyGrace

I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor, though that's really about how she became strong after he left and she refused him back. It seems like an empowering song.

I see it's already been suggested. It's the first song that popped into my head. It shows my age I guess. :)

Also Katy Perry's Part of Me.

I think it's called You Oughta Know by Alannis Morrisette 

"...and everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back, I hope you feel it!"

and Not Ready to Make Nice by Dixie Chicks

that is if there's that element of being royally pissed off, although I'm not sure anyone would want to dwell in that place for long. 

these are country :)

"Tornado" by Little Big Town

"Long Long Way" by Alan Jackson (not sure this one's appropriate, as it's sung by a man and the lyrics are quite woebegone, but the tune is so peppy that it always cheers me up and I have a hunch that he's just foolin' with the lyrics ... :) )

Two Pina Coladas. By Alan jackson I think (?) Works just as well in a female voice, imo.

Lots of good suggestions here already that I would have made.

You could add plenty of songs about guys feeling sorry for themselves because a woman left...

Friends in Low Places (though also could be an empowering-picture-in-female-voice song)

Margaritaville

a third of all country songs ever written....etc.

I am a totally clean, boring mom, but I love Miranda Lambert.

Her song: Gunpowder and Lead (this is a very funny song about a guy who "throws her around like a ragdoll" so she goes home to get her shot gun. It's pretty funny. Fast song, not a ballad.

Also: Mama's Broken Heart (won awards)-- awesome song about a mom saying essentially "get over it" when she breaks up with her boyfriend and the song goes on about how she completely loses it because this isn't her mama's broken heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJf66lZ_Shg

Depending on why she's mad at the guy. . . Kerosene by Miranda Lambert is also excellent. It's her break-out song. It's about a girl who "gives up on love, 'cause love's given up on her." The guy cheats on her.

She also sings White Liar which is about her fiance cheating and she tells him off.

All of these songs are fast -- I'm not wild about Miranda's ballads.

Can I ask. . . how do you put these together for her? Are you buying each song and making a playlist? Or?

Alley

Funny songs.