Menu

More prayers if you're of the praying type....(not for me)

k2bdeutmeyer

**Probably a huge TRIGGER **

I have a dear, dear friend who lost her 17 month old son yesterday morning.  He just didn't wake up.  She tried to do CPR, but he was already gone.  He leaves behind a 5yr old sister, a 3 year old sister, and a twin brother.  My friend is just broken.....and yet, in the way that only she could, she is handling this with such grace and poise....always with the perfect words.

Vinnie was a beautiful baby boy with the most gorgeous blonde curls.  He was always smiling and such a joy.

My friend has said that she is feeling pain she's never felt before, but that she knows he's in heaven and feels that he's at peace.  Of course, she just wants him back so badly.  She has asked for heavy prayer over the next few hours as they go to the funeral home to make arrangements.

So....if you could please lift up my friend and her family as they prepare to bury their precious baby.

Thank you!

*****Fly high Vinnie......*****

How awful!  They definitely have my prayers as they go through this terrible time/adjustment in their lives.  :grouphug:

Do they have any idea of the cause?

As far as I know, no.

I did get to go visit with her yesterday.  It was a tough, TOUGH day as they went to visit their baby boy.  It was the first time she had seen him since the morning she found him in his crib.  She did say that she got to hold him and that that brought her comfort.  I had been waiting for a call from a local organization that I had been working with to get the funeral paid for.....and amazingly, it came while I was there, so I got to tell my friend and her husband in person that we got the final approval to cover their funeral costs. 

She told me that she thinks each day gets harder than the next & has asked for continued prayer to get her through the next few days & beyond.  The visitation will be tomorrow afternoon and the funeral at 11:00 on Monday.

As far as I know, no.

I did get to go visit with her yesterday.  It was a tough, TOUGH day as they went to visit their baby boy.  It was the first time she had seen him since the morning she found him in his crib.  She did say that she got to hold him and that that brought her comfort.  I had been waiting for a call from a local organization that I had been working with to get the funeral paid for.....and amazingly, it came while I was there, so I got to tell my friend and her husband in person that we got the final approval to cover their funeral costs. 

She told me that she thinks each day gets harder than the next & has asked for continued prayer to get her through the next few days & beyond.  The visitation will be tomorrow afternoon and the funeral at 11:00 on Monday.

I'm glad you were able to be there with her and get the funeral costs covered.  I can only imagine how tough it is to go through it all.  No parent should have to go to their child's funeral in my ideal world - I only wish it existed.  :grouphug:

oh my goodness that makes me cry. Praying.

I haven't stopped crying since I watched it......it's hitting hard tonight.  My heart hurts to the very depths of my soul for this mama and dear friend who is about to say goodbye to her precious baby boy.  I don't even know how one finds the strength to do that.

For Kristi and Ben who are suffering, and who cry this night, give them repose, Lord; a pause in their burdens. Let there be minutes where they experience peace, not of man but of angels. Love them, Lord, when others cannot. Hold them, Lord, when we fail with human arms. Hear their prayers and give them the ability to hear You back in whatever language they best understand........