Menu

Super Bowl-the commercials

Parrothead

So far for me it's a tie between the princess tea party Doritos commercial and the Sketchers gazelle/cheetah/human one. The Hyundai turbo "because, trust us, it's better to be in front" is close behind those two.

LOVED that one! :)

ETA: Just saw the 'senior' Taco Bell commercial. LOL!!

The Taco Bell one was great, especially since my step-mother-in-law was rushed to the hospital several years ago with a suspected heart attack that ended up being heart burn from eating TB at midnight! :smilielol5: Since then DH and I have always laughed about old people eating TB late at night.

Also loved the Oreo one, especially when the police officer was whispering over the megaphone.

Budweiser Clydesdales! Now that I've seen that one, I'm done watching. :)

Yep! Definitely the best one by far...Stevie Nicks, baby Clydesdales, sentiment...*sniff*

Although the pistachios commercial and Taco Bell are close contenders for second place!

Was just checking them out and YouTube and ended up sobbing like a moron over this one.

I noted above that I liked this one and that it came on the same day that my oldest purchased the Fiske Guide to Colleges, so I showed her the commercial this morning. Stupid Clydesdale. :crying:

Terri

We watched the game with friends who wanted to have intelligent conversations through all the commercials. Now, we love these friends. And, in general, I could use all the intelligent conversation I can get these days, but, c'mon!

I just now saw the Clydesdale one . . . definitely made me tear up. The only commercial that got us all quiet was the Paul Harvey farmer one. My friend who had never heard or heard of Paul Harvey said, "That was amazing prose and awesome delivery. You don't usually hear that kind of thing these days."

On the whole, I thought several were cute and funny but this seemed like a more lackluster year than usual. Did they all seem like they just went on a bit too long?