Menu

She texted me!

I don't post much so many don't know my 19yo daughter left home on awful terms 10 weeks ago. She wants nothing to do with us. There has been no contact from her aside from dealings with the insurance payments that totaled her car in a hit and run.

I text what started out to be daily and now only a couple times a week.

Today is my birthday. All I really wanted was contact from her and she just texted me. I'm sitting here typing this with tears streaming down my face. For now, it is good enough. Maybe someday she will want a relationship with the rest of the family again.

I just needed to tell someone.

Linda

I don't post much so many don't know my 19yo daughter left home on awful terms 10 weeks ago. She wants nothing to do with us. There has been no contact from her aside from dealings with the insurance payments that totaled her car in a hit and run.

Today is my birthday. All I really wanted was contact from her and she just texted me. I'm sitting here typing this with tears streaming down my face. For now, it is good enough. Maybe someday she will want a relationship with the rest of the family again.

Linda

:grouphug: So glad for you. It must be heartbreaking. I'm glad you got a ray of hope on your birthday.

Wow! Thank all of you for my birthday wishes and for understanding. I had been so "frozen" with sadness that I could not do anything today until I got the text. It meant so much and allowed me to enjoy the day with my other 3 children.

It has been a wonderful day!

Thanks again.

Linda

Linda

Awww. That's great. And encouraging. Don't give up! It will happen.

Happy Birthday!

Linda

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Older teens aren't easy but sooner or later they come around.

My DD21 and I had a very tumultuous relationship when she was a teen. It is good now. My DD now knows the stuff we made her do and the rules we had in place are the reason she's alive today. She's actually thankful she's not dead. :grouphug:

Linda

:grouphug:

My dh's 16 won't speak to him and I know how hurtful it is. Any little thing from his son gives my dh hope.