Menu

Who wants to join me in a November Clean Up and Declutter Month?

My house could use some sprucing up, and the garage definitely needs my attention. After readingi through the cleaning thread, I thought others might want to join me in November on a cleaning/decluttering month. I did one of these last year and it was great! Now that we finally own our own home, I am even more motivated.

Anyone interested?

eta: i am going to follow the guidelines of the 30 Day Declutter Challenge, and will post "plans" as soon as I write them up. That way we can all print out the guidelines for the month and be prepared!!! :)

Edited by Halcyon

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so ready to get rid of sooooo much!

Admittedly it has been 2 years since I have really cleaned out the basement, although we did fill a huge truck up with ruined items from the horrible ice storm that flooded the basement.

This year dh had a stent put in and I had our last baby!

Oh not to mention the bathroom and kitchen updates!!! HUGE messes... still cleaning those up...

November is a great goal to finish up and get a better system going to keep it from getting so bad!

I am in for bribing to get more help.... any suggestions are appreciated!!;)

We are gearing up for NaNoWriMo too!!!! So, it will be slow going on the decluttering, but I don't want to stop what we are doing now!

Edited by TGHEALTHYMOM
November

No one is allowed to clean and declutter duing the NaNoWriMo. :glare:

November is designed for clutter! :D

:lol:

I hesitated originally thinking I wouldn't have time because of NaNoWriMo! :001_smile:

BUT.. I figure this is my first year + new baby, and seeing as how I barely can get a shower these days, I think its safe to say Im not going to find the time to write 50,000 words!

Still doing to try though.:001_smile:

Woohoo! I have a head start. I attacked my dh's closet this morning. I tried to put his laundry away in his closet and couldn't even get the clothes in. So I tore everything out and organized it while decluttering it.

Now, how do I keep it that way? My dh, wonderful man, is not one for neatness.

I'm preggo and nesting. The sky will collapse, or something, if this baby is born and the entire house isn't spick-and-span. :tongue_smilie: I'm in.

I have had *dreams* about pulling everything out of the kitchen cabinets, cleaning, and reorganizing it all. Same with the school stuff that overloads the basement. Most pregnant women dream of forgetting their baby at the store or forgetting to feed their baby...I'm dreaming about how the world will end if I have messes to clean with nursling-in-tow.:lol:

I'm definitely in!

(I cleaned out a bunch of old school papers about 2 weeks ago. Filled a big recycle bin w/ papers -- we just had the rectangular type you carry. Funny thing is that after that load, we suddenly had a 'free' rolling recycle bin from our garbage company sitting in our driveway the other day -- just in time for this week's recycling. :lol: Hope we didn't give the recycling dude a hernia...)

I want in too! Is it okay if I already started? We are in the process of being licensed for foster care so I have to clean out my schoolroom (which is technically supposed to be little ds's room anyway). I am liking the streamlining and getting rid of a bunch of stuff I had planned to use "someday". It feels great and I am able to bless others at the same time!

Woohoo! I have a head start. I attacked my dh's closet this morning. I tried to put his laundry away in his closet and couldn't even get the clothes in. So I tore everything out and organized it while decluttering it.

Me, too! I just started decluttering the last thing in our house that needs decluttering. ;) My closet.

The only bad thing about this last bit of decluttering - I think I'm allergic to the boxes I pulled out of the closet. I'm going to throw them away and buy some plastic bins to put the stuff in. I woke up this morning and my eyes were swollen.

Happy Decluttering, Peeps!!! :party:

I rarely post, but I'd like to join in/lurk along!

I have lots I want to declutter so we can (possibly) list our house in the spring. We've also been pondering disrupting the schoolroom so we have our fourth bedroom back. In order to do that, a LOT of our miscellaneous craft supplies/games/puzzles/manipulatives would need to be pared down. Not to mention, we are growing out of certain toys, that I'd like to donate or sell before Christmas...

I'm in, for sure! That should be good timing. I'll have to have my house "clean" for a birthday party in a couple weeks, and decluttering is easiest to do when my house is "basically clean" first (with all clutter hidden from guests, obviously! :lol:)

It will help that we're getting our school room setup this week. One of the cats decided to use a papasan chair cushion as a litterbox for who knows how long (I didn't notice it until the room was reeking, as I hadn't been in there much). The cushion was on the floor instead of in the chair. Carpet reeks, even after steam vac'ing and using like a 1/2 gallon of Nature's Miracle, so Monday - carpet will be ripped out, subfloor treated if necessary (probably necessary), and laminate put down. Room is being painted this weekend. So yay, I can finally move some school desks out of the living room, put a bunch of bookcases in the "school room" and get some books moved up there, and get a teacher cabinet to put manipulatives and art supplies in, so they don't end up all over my bedroom like they currently are. :tongue_smilie:

And with Christmas coming, November is a great time to purge kids' toys!!!

My house could use some sprucing up, and the garage definitely needs my attention. After readingi through the cleaning thread, I thought others might want to join me in November on a cleaning/decluttering month. I did one of these last year and it was great! Now that we finally own our own home, I am even more motivated.

Anyone interested?

eta: i am going to follow the guidelines of the 30 Day Declutter Challenge, and will post "plans" as soon as I write them up. That way we can all print out the guidelines for the month and be prepared!!! :)

Pick me!! I was just thinking,abt this.

Me, Me, Me!!! :) I've been trying to "Clean" one room at a time... keep the ones clean, clean... and then pick another spot :) I really want to have a house where people can drop by, and I don't faint. I also want my kids to bring home friends and have a clean house and warm cookies :) I'm trying!!!

This my goal too! I'm in! Now off to read the rest of the thread.

well, fun isn't exactly what i'd call it....

but necessary, oh so necessary.

we are having ALL our windows redone due to heat loss, and leakage. which means that three weeks from now, i need to have every single room ready for people to tromp thru. these will be nail-on, not replacement (due to the leakage issue), so they'll be there for some time.....

i am concentrating on the places that have doors today, as the doors arrive in two weeks or less, and that is when it will begin. that means the laundry room, the front hall, the sunroom, the nook and our bedroom. only in SoCal would one have five doors to the outside in a small house. :lol:

which means i need to start now, but will join in as soon as plans are up.

oh help, said piglet.

ann

I am having a new friend come to my house next Friday to spend the day with me. So I will be tackling the house like crazy starting today. I want to curl up on my couch with her and drink tea all day and chatter. To do that, I need to be able to look at a totally clean area.

I love the idea of carefully and slowly cleaning out drawers and spaces before the holidays and winter really sets in. :001_smile:

And I really need to do my freezer in the kitchen. It's a MESS.

I have been feeling inundated by clutter and mess lately so I would love to join in.

My main problem, though, is my husband's stuff--soldering stuff, cables, computer stuff. He doesn't really have anywhere to put most of it. He's even messier than I am so it just piles up. I hate to nag him about it because he works so hard already, and he's got a point--where do we put this stuff? I'm not really much better at organizing stuff and finding storage than he is, but I do have a designated place for my sewing stuff and for the homeschooling stuff. The Dad stuff has nowhere to live. Even his closet is smaller than mine!

I'm in! We moved into a new house in March, but due to some loooooong business trips we've only actually lived here for about 3 months. I'm very ready to get settled. :) We have guests coming for Thanksgiving, so I hope to have things looking nice by then.

We've already done some pretty major deluttering, but there is some more to do. My big goals will be organizing/finding homes for the stuff we currently have and getting some home improvement project done. I was in the middle of a cabinet redo when we had to leave this spring, and I'm sick of living without cabinet doors.:glare: W just finished the floors in the office, so there will be a lot of work getting that room put together.

... sorting out the stuff in the garage. What a mess. :tongue_smilie:

I have been weeding out so much lately, I feel like a Lean, Mean Sorting Machine! :D I've taken FIVE van loads to the Good Will, plus TWO more to the folks at church (girls' clothes), plus TWO to my parents (stuff they could use), plus innumerable bags to the garbage pile (sorry to say -- my apologies to the landfill).

My attic is about 1/2 decluttered. Everything that has been sorted through is neatly packed and on one side of the attic. The rest has yet to be worked over, but it's mostly my husband's stuff.

My basement is nearly done. Only the little white room (full of homeschool stuff :glare:) is left to do, and I may get to that tomorrow.

The girls' clothes, closet, drawers are all completely weeded out, everything washed, hemmed, mended, matched, ready for winter. Perfecto!

My clothes, closet, and drawers are almost completely weeded out, everything washed, hemmed, mended, matched, ready for winter. Nearly perfecto!

My husband's wardrobe is an exercise in perpetual frustration. He WADS things and STUFFS things. :smash:

The garage (detached) is a complete disaster zone. In fact, we actually have a ground hog living in the back part of it. :blush: [Hangs head in abject shame]. I went out there this week and saw how a ground hog has burrowed under the garage wall (on the inside) and has a nice den underground. Great, just great.

It's a delicate balance around here to get hubby to, um, move on projects, KWIM? Sigh.

But if I can get him to put some umph into it next week, we're starting on the garage. I refuse to deal with Mr. G. Hog by myself. :toetap05: