Menu

Joanne...thinking of you tonight

It probably doesn't feel that way to you but I know that I (and I'm sure a number of other people on here) find you to be inspirational. You have been through so much but yet you still seem to find strength to keep doing what you have to. :grouphug::grouphug: I hope you get some well earned rest and relaxation and just plain happiness.

Thanks, all. :) Thank you very much.

Yesterday, I had begun to have doubts. Doubts about the decision; guilt that maybe he wasn't "that bad." I came home to work to him disoriented, confused, lethargic, and not having eaten or taken meds.

I had arranged to work the second shift today at work so I could take Adrian myself. (I don't have vested PTO yet). I took him this morning. I took a beautifully decorated (painted) small metal container. It was a wedding gift of ours. Only, it was actually painted and given to a friend of mine by Adrian's Aunt - long before Adrian and I met. One Sunday when we were dating, he asked about my church and we went. A dear church member was best friends with his Aunt. I considered it a sign. ;)

I put his initials in his clothes, discussed meds with the nurse, asked to arrange for therapy (remember when *I* was that therapist?). He kept muttering "I don't think I can do this." :crying::( Eventually, he stopped that.

I left him there at 10:00 at the Bible Study. He was telling the leader about his plans last year to get an M.Div. :crying:

My dd called (kids have been at xh's since May). She said my youngest was crying. I get them back July 5.

I talked to Adrian later and he pronounced lunch "better than a lot of the hospital food." :)

I called again later, and it went to VM. I will go by tomorrow morning. It's pretty far away (only a few places will accept "medicaid pending" clients).

I went to an AA meeting. Found out my sponsor from 20 years ago died. Picked up my 21 year medallion. Went to work. Had 2 intakes, 2 individuals, and ran an Intensive Outpatient substance abuse group.

Yesterday, I had begun to have doubts. Doubts about the decision; guilt that maybe he wasn't "that bad." I came home to work to him disoriented, confused, lethargic, and not having eaten or taken meds.

I had arranged to work the second shift today at work so I could take Adrian myself. (I don't have vested PTO yet). I took him this morning. I took a beautifully decorated (painted) small metal container. It was a wedding gift of ours. Only, it was actually painted and given to a friend of mine by Adrian's Aunt - long before Adrian and I met. One Sunday when we were dating, he asked about my church and we went. A dear church member was best friends with his Aunt. I considered it a sign. ;)

I put his initials in his clothes, discussed meds with the nurse, asked to arrange for therapy (remember when *I* was that therapist?). He kept muttering "I don't think I can do this." :crying::( Eventually, he stopped that.

I left him there at 10:00 at the Bible Study. He was telling the leader about his plans last year to get an M.Div. :crying:

My dd called (kids have been at xh's since May). She said my youngest was crying. I get them back July 5.

I talked to Adrian later and he pronounced lunch "better than a lot of the hospital food." :)

I called again later, and it went to VM. I will go by tomorrow morning. It's pretty far away (only a few places will accept "medicaid pending" clients).

I went to an AA meeting. Found out my sponsor from 20 years ago died. Picked up my 21 year medallion. Went to work. Had 2 intakes, 2 individuals, and ran an Intensive Outpatient substance abuse group.

Oh Joanne.

:grouphug:

Joanne ... I've been following your story, too. Yesterday I lifted you and your husband up in prayer. I'm praying again today. I can't imagine how hard this has been for you but I believe God can do great things. I will continue to pray for you as you go through this incredibly difficult time.

You are so amazing.

I think of you often, and pray for peace and healing for your family. :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: From the short description of his day, it does sound like it was the right decision. Praying that he gets medicaid soon and gets on the liver transplant list. I don't understand these things at all. Is there any relative he could get a partial transplant from and would that be enough?

So, so sorry. But I am happy he will be safe and cared for while you are working.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: From the short description of his day, it does sound like it was the right decision. Praying that he gets medicaid soon and gets on the liver transplant list. I don't understand these things at all. Is there any relative he could get a partial transplant from and would that be enough?

He is not insured, and we sure can't pay out of pocket. That limits us to the hospital district options. He would qualify according to the protocol set out by the medical community; the MELD score (end stage liver). He's a 12-13 and they don't start considering transplants until 15+.

I have a feeling he's going to die before he qualifies or gets one.