Menu

Where would you prefer a giftcard to?

Target or Amazon, but really, this:

Kohls - but I would be so elated to get a gift card, either would be great. :D

ETA: Oh yes, Starbucks too! I feel so guilty when I stop there, because it's truly a luxury for me. A gift card would go a long way toward making me feel better about it :lol:

You'd get more bang for your buck at Target, although I agree that I'd take either! I don't love WalMart and anytime I get a gift card there, they always have problems with it. :tongue_smilie:

Amazon would be my store of choice!

Kohl's would be my first choice. Definitely like Target and Amazon. Walmart not so much. And, I'm probably in the minority, but I don't like Starbucks at all. I wouldn't want one for there.

If I were giving a card to someone, I would go with Target or Amazon. They have a variety of items. I think most people could find something at either that they really wanted.

Target. Because if there's nothing there of interest, you can buy toilet paper with it and use the money you budgeted for toilet paper to buy something wherever you want. Also, it would be unlikely you'd forget about it and let it expire (as they do in some states).

Not Amazon, because I'd feel obligated to spend it on the kids' textbooks.

Not Khols, because even though other people seem to find wonderful things there, it never works for me.

Not Starbucks, because I just don't go there very much.

I'd prefer Lowe's or Home Depot. :)

I think it would be nice if the card matched an interest the recipient has. If they like books, how about Barnes and Noble or a local book store. I know the deals are not as good as Amazon, but for a special gift, browsing in person might be nice.

If they like gardening, Lowe's or a garden center.

If the need a little extra for the basics, I would definitely go for Target (this is what I do for my nieces and nephews as a Target is close to them and they can always use some basic clothing/household item.

I'd only give a Khols if I knew one was close to them and that they shopped there.

I do not like giftcards. (and since I live in a large population center - walmart is positively creepy here and I detest it - I didn't find that to be the case in very rural areas.)

when I have received gift cards, I've much prefered visa/mastercard/amex gift cards becasue then I can use them whereso'er I prefer.

Somewhere like Target is so broad, one could get anything there -- from paper towels to food to books to shoes. That is sort of handy.

:iagree: That's exactly what I was thinking. There are so many more options at Target.

ETA: I once got a gift card for the Bay, and was super excited about it because I rarely get to go in to the City and have time to shop there, and even on a good year, they're usually out of my price range on just about everything. But then, I found out the card wasn't usable on the Bay's website, which was my only convenient way to access them. It was such a bummer. Luckily, their cards don't expire, so I was eventually able to use it. All that is to say... whatever you pick, try to make sure the giftee can use it and use it easily.

Edited by Audrey

Starbucks!!!

Or one of those gift cards you can use anywhere - like the Amex ones from the mall. Once I realized you could use those wherever took Amex, I was SET! lol

I don't shop at Target (it is too far away to go to very often), so I wouldn't vote that - lots of people do, though. I shop almost exclusively for random things at Walmart, since that is what is close to us.

I got a Christmas gift card to Marshall's, which I have never even set foot in. Not sure when to go, because I'm not sure what they have, what I'll want, what the prices are... bleah! Wish it had been a Starbucks, but I know the lady who gave it probably loves the place.

I'd prefer Lowe's or Home Depot. :)

:iagree:

I ask for a Home Depot gift card for Christmas every year. (I think my MIL thinks I'm nuts.)

Of your choices, I'd go with Target.

I've sometimes had trouble at Kohls using a gift card with a % off coupon - some cashiers insist that you use the coupons with a Kohls credit card. It breaks my heart to pay "full price" at Kohls, even with a gift card.

Somewhere like Target is so broad, one could get anything there -- from paper towels to food to books to shoes. That is sort of handy.

:iagree:

You never know a persons situation and they be really thankful for something like this. :grouphug:

Either Target or Kohl's would be great for me. Amazon would be nice.

I would end up giving a Starbucks card away. I'm not a coffee drinker and don't need sweet treats; though they have a few other possibilities, using it would probably be a trip not to waste the gift card more than it would be a treat.