Menu

Business Name Fail

My favorite business name is a local landscaping company ~ "The Weed Man".

Well, at least I think it's a landscaping company...

There is a national/chain company called Weed Man. I don't know if they do landscaping, but they fertilize lawns, treat for weeds, insects, etc. We have them come a couple of times a year to treat for weeds.

There is a national/chain company called Weed Man. I don't know if they do landscaping, but they fertilize lawns, treat for weeds, insects, etc. We have them come a couple of times a year to treat for weeds.

Ha! Yea, that's the one! I had no idea it was national, but I giggle every time I see their trucks out. Doesn't take much to amuse me. :tongue_smilie:

My mother and I have an imaginary town in which we name all the businesses with word play--maybe Sno White is like that? :D

W have Kum n Go here too. There is a florist here whose small business is named, for some reason, Jean's Abitome--a bit of me?--baffling.:tongue_smilie:

We have Lions Hump and Pump in our town. That would be bad enough, but they misspelled their sign so it reads "Loins Hump And Pump". It's been months and they still haven't changed it. :glare:

:lol::lol::lol: Are you sure it's a misspelling?

This thread is spit-out-your-drink funny! :lol:

:iagree:

We have Lions Hump and Pump in our town. That would be bad enough, but they misspelled their sign so it reads "Loins Hump And Pump". It's been months and they still haven't changed it. :glare:

We all know what kind of business this appears to be, :) what kind of business is it?

:lol::lol: Oh my!! This is hysterical! I can't stop laughing. They're all funny!! Thanks for a good laugh this morning.

Weird! I tried replying to gardening momma about the Weed Man company, and got a message that my post would be reviewed and posted if approved? :confused: I thought I'd gotten banned for some reason, but I was just able to post on another thread, so I don't know?

All I said was that yes, that's the company! I didn't know it was national, but it gives me a giggle every time I see their trucks out. Doesn't take much to amuse me. :tongue_smilie:

Here goes nothin'! (Submit Reply attempt #2)

I filled up gas tank out of town a couple of weeks ago at a ConocoPhillips. It showed up on my credit card statement as Whispering Ridge Fantasy. :tongue_smilie: My husband was wondering what exactly I was doing while I was gone for the weekend. Crazy name for a gas station . . .

:lol::lol: That could cause some trouble :D

Our mechanic's business name is "Swindler's Auto Care". It took us a long time to trust them but they seem to do a great job, reasonably priced and they are within walking distance of our house which is very convenient (We live out in the country so we never get to walk anywhere like a store or something so it's a novelty to be able to drop the car off with only one of us).

It's the owner's last name but I've been amazed that they just didn't name the business something else. His wife told me not too long ago that she tried to talk him into a different business name but he wanted the name to be memorable. For us, it was almost too memorable because it wasn't until we got personal recommendations we went to him even though we drove by almost daily and laughed at the name of the business.

Heh. I used to drive past the Amigone Funeral Home. For a while, they had a sign up that read, "Don't worry. We'll make sure."

Oh, I've been to Amigone. I think they may have more than one location. When I was growing up, I used to say to myself, I'm-a-gone.

Our county named our local transit company...

S.C.A.T.

with a running cheetah on the side.

Stood for South Columbia Area Transit. Really people?

Coming into town is a billboard shared by two gas stations.

One is Chubbs, the other Skinnys. :001_huh:

There were several in Arkansas. One was a convenience store in Sherwood, AR called come-n'gitit.

The other was a BBQ place called Pig-n-Chik. The sign was funny, too. I wouldn't have eaten there except everyone said it was good BBQ, so we tried it. It was good BBQ. They have a website, you can see the picture of the pig and chick that are on the sign if you scroll down a bit, the pig is cute:

http://www.pignchik.com/index.htm

It is also in Sherwood, AR.

Just last night we found that a new liquor store has opened a few doors down from the thrift store we like to browse in. The backlit sign above the store read: "BEER" in giant all caps, followed by "Family Beverage" in smaller white lettering.

We were cracking up as we headed into the thrift store. "BEER! Family Beverage."

uh... not here buddy. :)

Our county named our local transit company...

S.C.A.T.

with a running cheetah on the side.

Stood for South Columbia Area Transit. Really people?

:001_huh:

That's funny! We used to live in San Francisco, and their transit system was called Bay Area Rapid Transit--BART. We used to joke that it should have been named Frisco Area Rapid Transit. Real mature. :D

It is a gas station. :) It's a small town and our football team is The Lions. I don't quite understand the need for the "hump" part of the name. :tongue_smilie:

It means you are in and out fast...

Let's see: Lon Hung Kok, a now defunct place in Chinatown, NYC. I wasn't there the night of the gangland assassination.

Simmer Motel (faces south) Wamego, Kansas

Sack and Shout .... someplace in SE Kansas ...