Menu

By "recently" let's say within the last ten years. A term can be a phrase or a word. If it's a word, it should be coined; if it's a phrase, it can be some combination of common words, such as "on the ground".

Let's exclude words created by misspellings or other errors, such as "restauranteur" or "irregardless", irregardless of recency.

Mine? I'm on the fence, but leaning toward "mompreneur".

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "recently" let's say within the last ten years. A term can be a phrase or a word. If it's a word, it should be coined; if it's a phrase, it can be some combination of common words, such as "on the ground".

Let's exclude words created by misspellings or other errors, such as "restauranteur" or "irregardless", irregardless of recency.

OMG SO over it.

Along that line:

Oh my (effing) God. In writing or spoken. Makes me want to wash out some mouths with soap.

When used at the end of a sentence, said with inflection that makes it sound like a punch line ...."I'm just saying."

It makes me want to answer...."Really, you are saying something?....Is that what all that talking was about?".

:iagree: with 'anyhoo' being a stand out, annoying word.

When used at the end of a sentence, said with inflection that makes it sound like a punch line ...."I'm just saying."

It makes me want to answer...."Really, you are saying something?....Is that what all that talking was about?".

:iagree: with 'anyhoo' being a stand out, annoying word.

I HATE that one! You just SAID it. You don't need to add, "just sayin'".

OMG

WTF

BFF

Tween

When someone uses "like" every other word... it was real big when I was in middle school/high school. Not sure if it still is in that generation or not. Its sad I've stopped even noticing these days.

All of those are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I'm guilty of using "wicked" all the time. I'm from New England... just saying... :tongue_smilie::lol:

I am with Cynthia OK about gift (verb) and I also chafe af service (verb for anyone other than mechanics and prostitutes). I hate calling companies and being told " in order to service you better..."

I hated the odd juxtaposition of "the information superhighway" and "surfing the web" (is it a land or water phenomenon?), but thankfully those have faded away.

:blink: I don't have any idea what you just said.

:blush:

I'm good.

As in: I'm done, I've had enough, I'm okay, I'm fine, I'm well...

Sadly, I am guilty of using this answer too.

Also, I don't like "I heart kittens" or whatever else people heart. Er, love. Or using "love" as a complete sentence to convey someone's admiration of shoes, clothes, music, etc.

I do love kittens, though. ;)

One I notice a lot on the news lately that drives me nutty is "on the ground". As in, "At CF Base X, this is the situation on the ground". Well, where else would we think it is, in the cellar or up a tree? I think they use it to make it sound like they are in the know about military stuff.