Menu

Favorite Christian bands/singers?

JJ Heller and Kendall Payne are 2 recent favorites. Nicole Nordeman has been around forever, but she's still a favorite.

If I include the guys, Gungor (check out the song Beautiful Things. AMAZING.), John Foreman, David Crowder's new/last album just released and it's fantastic.

Female:

Amy Grant

Sandi Patti

Sheila Walsh

Addison Road

to name a few. I'm more of a male singer person myself.

Others to consider:

Bryan Duncan

Switchfoot

10th Avenue North

Big Daddy Weave

Hawk Nelson

again, to name a few. I'll have to rack my brain to think of a few more for you!

Ok, this got me to go download a bunch of Jennifer Knapp songs. I hate it when a thread costs me $$.:D

Ok, I'm editing this to say that while I love her old stuff, after visiting her website, I cannot say I can personally endorse her anymore.

Edited by KrissiK

Aretha's gospel CD's are great.

I like Larnelle a lot.

The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir is awesome, although their theology is so different from mine that I have to pick and choose.

I like hymn CD's that I can sing along with, just the organ music, not the words. I have a set that has over 600 different hymns on it.

But my alltime Christian fave is the St. Matthew Passion by Bach. Woah. I learned that last year, and it is exactly perfect--not a note out of place, the words exemplified in the music, the piety and theology exactly like me. It changed me forever, really.

None of these are all that similar to your examples, but they are my favorites.

I love The Afters and Building 429. Female singers I like Kendall Payne and... And... Her name escapes me right now. I hate that. I haven't heard from her in years, but she was really folksy... Ok, I just got up and found the cd. It's Jennifer Knapp. Love her.

I also really really liked Jennifer Knapp, and was very disappointed when learning this.

I don't think I have much to offer. I think most of my faves have already been listed. Then I don't much care for most female singers :p

Lemme see...

Third Day

Jeremy Camp

Todd Agnew

Caedmon's Call (there's a female in there)

Derek Webb

Skillet (there's a female in there too!)

Switchfoot (oh how I adore Switchfoot!)

Building 429

The Afters

Jars of Clay

TobyMac

Lacrae

Mercy Me

Casting Crowns

Ok I'm drawing a blank now. Sorry, I don't think I added anything new for ya.

I also really really liked Jennifer Knapp, and was very disappointed when learning this.

Yes, I just learned this. I was sad, but also wondering why it has been so long since I'd heard her on Christian radio. This thread just got me thinking about her again. Bummer. Her music is great!

Rush of Fools-We won a cd of theirs from a radio contest and we really like them now.(not a girl, though)

Also, Christy Nockels-I think she sings with Passion band a lot. She has an amazing voice.

And, for a more Celtic sound, I would try the Gettys. The first time I heard one of their songs I thought it was a hymn I hadn't heard before. Their songwriting is amazing.

i love anything by
and hillsong united. i also love the music from
. lots more, but these are my favorites right now.

These have been my faves lately, too.

Female vocalist with the same flavor of music would be Kari Jobe--love!

I've also recently discovered Enter the Worship Circle. They have a nice, folksy, upbeat sound.

I'm hooked on Pandora, LOL...

These have been my faves lately, too.

Female vocalist with the same flavor of music would be Kari Jobe--love!

I've also recently discovered Enter the Worship Circle. They have a nice, folksy, upbeat sound.

I'm hooked on Pandora, LOL...

I love enter the worship circle! When i gave birth to my daughter, the first cd was playing as my music. Our wedding song was from that cd too :)

I will check out kari jobe.