Menu

What is your current spiritual condition?

Wouldn't it be the height of arrogance to say one is perfectly happy with one's spiritual condition? No being God, I'm sure each and every one of us has room for improvement. LOL

Very true. However, the last two years of my life shook me to my core. I feel like I now understand how it feels to be somewhat lost and how good it feels to find my way back. I don't feel arrogant....but I feel grateful for my spiritual beliefs.

I would say that this varies for me on any given day at any given moment. Sometimes I believe with all of my heart that God definitely has a plan for each and every one of us. And I believe in heaven. Sometimes I believe that is just what people tell themselves to make the hurt feel better. It all depends on how angry I am that my son is gone and not here with me.

Several weeks ago I was coming to the end of a spiritual dry spell. I was feeling rather parched and kind of abandoned. (Hello? God? Can you hear me?) :)

But more recently, God has been showing me some awesome things in His word. I feel happy, at peace with God, and will try to continue to work on growing in my knowledge and love of Him. Ahhh...God's word is like water to my soul.

I would say that this varies for me on any given day at any given moment. Sometimes I believe with all of my heart that God definitely has a plan for each and every one of us. And I believe in heaven. Sometimes I believe that is just what people tell themselves to make the hurt feel better. It all depends on how angry I am that my son is gone and not here with me.

:grouphug:

Death is hard and I struggle with it too. I am so sorry. :grouphug:

:grouphug:

I'm hanging on by a thread. I can't open my Bible right now, but I'm praying and remembering scriptures I have hid in my heart. I know I'm walking through the valley and I know I'm not alone. I have trust that God is with me and in complete control, but... let's just say I'm having to say that out loud to myself a whole lot lately.

Cynically hopeful.

I can't shake my belief in God and Jesus. I read history from various viewpoints. It seems as though history is filled with various groups who fight with the belief that Gods or gods are on their side. Sometimes Jesus wins, sometimes "pagan" gods wins. Personally, I cannot look at history an see my Jesus God in there.

Still, I just love me some Jesus. I love the idea of a just, merciful God. I love the idea of a God who acknowledges the fact than mankind fails, but still wants to accept them into His awesome presence. I love the fact that it has all been done for me, because nothing that I can do will ever make me worthy of being in His presence.

I fail daily, hourly, all the time. I am a craptastic, at best, Christian. I totally suck at the Jesus thing. But He still loves and accepts me. That rocks.

The biggest stumbling block for me is, honestly, other Christians. I hate judgement, mostly because I acknowledge how craptastic I am. I accept all people because He accepts all people. The "Gays" don't bother me one bit. Other people's business is NOT my business. I'm too wrapped up in trying to fix my multitude of flaws. I think Jesus-love, and to me that love means to serve. Serve those less fortunate. Serve those looked down upon by others. I think everyone would be a Christian if all Christians would remember that Jesus hung out with hookers and thieves.

My Jesus is a long-haired, liberal hippie. He epitomized love and service. Sure, He had rules, but he said the greatest commandment was love.

It's late and I am suffering from insomnia and allergy fogginess, but that is my spiritual state at this late hour.

I'm hanging on by a thread. I can't open my Bible right now, but I'm praying and remembering scriptures I have hid in my heart. I know I'm walking through the valley and I know I'm not alone. I have trust that God is with me and in complete control, but... let's just say I'm having to say that out loud to myself a whole lot lately.

I remember times when it was hard to open my Bible. I wonder if written prayers might be of comfort to you? Here are some morning prayers, for example, from Christian antiquity (if they'd be useful to you). :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I don't know… I'm not sure what I believe about it all these days. Christianity just doesn't make sense to me anymore (I don't think it ever did.. I WANTED it to, but it never really did..) but I'm not sure what does.

Oh! If you want a Christianity that doesn't make sense, come visit us in the Orthodox church. :D

Cynically hopeful.

I can't shake my belief in God and Jesus. I read history from various viewpoints. It seems as though history is filled with various groups who fight with the belief that Gods or gods are on their side. Sometimes Jesus wins, sometimes "pagan" gods wins. Personally, I cannot look at history an see my Jesus God in there.

Still, I just love me some Jesus. I love the idea of a just, merciful God. I love the idea of a God who acknowledges the fact than mankind fails, but still wants to accept them into His awesome presence. I love the fact that it has all been done for me, because nothing that I can do will ever make me worthy of being in His presence.

I fail daily, hourly, all the time. I am a craptastic, at best, Christian. I totally suck at the Jesus thing. But He still loves and accepts me. That rocks.

The biggest stumbling block for me is, honestly, other Christians. I hate judgement, mostly because I acknowledge how craptastic I am. I accept all people because He accepts all people. The "Gays" don't bother me one bit. Other people's business is NOT my business. I'm too wrapped up in trying to fix my multitude of flaws. I think Jesus-love, and to me that love means to serve. Serve those less fortunate. Serve those looked down upon by others. I think everyone would be a Christian if all Christians would remember that Jesus hung out with hookers and thieves.

My Jesus is a long-haired, liberal hippie. He epitomized love and service. Sure, He had rules, but he said the greatest commandment was love.

It's late and I am suffering from insomnia and allergy fogginess, but that is my spiritual state at this late hour.

If I had "Like" button - I would Like this!

I don't know… I'm not sure what I believe about it all these days. Christianity just doesn't make sense to me anymore (I don't think it ever did.. I WANTED it to, but it never really did..) but I'm not sure what does.

Oh! If you want a Christianity that doesn't make sense, come visit us in the Orthodox church. :D

You know, I wanted to do that a while back (and likely still would, even just for the experience).. but unfortunately, there isn't one anywhere even close to us so I never got the chance. (I'd have to drive for about five hours :p )

Cynically hopeful.

This captures much of how I feel and what I believe.

This song (which is secular) also captures it.

Cynically hopeful.

Reading this just made me smile, and it's the closest I've ever been to even wanting to get me some Jesus. :)

Cynically hopeful.

Yes, this.