Menu

Who do you know IRL from WTM?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, I know Nayfiesmama, Cadam, Natalieclare, Heidi@MtHope, Joannqn, a few friends irl who have signed up but rarely/never post, and I stalked SWB at a LI convention about 5 yrs ago. I am pretty sure she remembers me b/c of the restraining order. :D

I have spoken to a few of you on the phone. One was so sweet to call me across country during my last miscarriage. :)

I too have been afraid to meet irl b/c I want to be liked, but have decided that if you didn't like me, you wouldn't have wanted to meet right? :D

FTR, Natalieclare is totally cool and makes awesome crepes and Greek food.

And I might get to meet Wishbone Dawn soon, I hope (I might feel awkward, too, don't worry, lol)!

I've already got the date on my calender. :D

You know...we should each just bring our computers and sit across from each other and chat online. It would be sooo much less awkward. :D

YES! I want to meet you!! Let's do plan something!

That is a fabulous idea! Let's work on that!

Yes Nakia! When and where? :auto:

As for the Zoo... they have a discounted rate if there are 15 of us willing to go.

However for us here in WNC it is a 3 hour drive, maybe carpool? Who wants to take the reins? :D

Yes Nakia! When and where? :auto:

As for the Zoo... they have a discounted rate if there are 15 of us willing to go.

However for us here in WNC it is a 3 hour drive, maybe carpool? Who wants to take the reins? :D

Well, I own a 50 passenger bus, so we can all ride together.

Okay, so that's not true. I have two extra seats in my van. We should be able to get 15. I have 4.

As for us meeting in Asheville, let's do a fun day as soon as the weather cools down a little. I really hate this hot weather. Sound good?

Let's see, I know Nayfiesmama, Cadam, Natalieclare, Heidi@MtHope, Joannqn, a few friends irl who have signed up but rarely/never post, and I stalked SWB at a LI convention about 5 yrs ago. I am pretty sure she remembers me b/c of the restraining order. :D

No one would "not like" you Pam! ;) I forgot about Cadam, as she's not posting anymore....and you've met Beth in WA, too, right?

I bet there are some that we've met, and they haven't told us who they are. I bet they come out when SWB comes here :)

Did we talk on the phone once years ago? I think I was pregnant with my 8 yo. Or am I thinking of someone else?

I have spken on the phone with Roughcollie too. I know Hoggirl and have met her quite a few times.

I am on FB with quite a few of you :-)

You're right -- didn't we talk about GBS prevention? :)

Lisa

I know a couple of people here IRL. I've been friends with zusjames for years. Our 9 yros and 8 yros actually went to ps together.

I bought Paragraph Town from Aubrey. :thumbup1: Thanks, Aubrey.

I met homeschoolinmygirls (she's not on the forum anymore) a couple of years ago. She was a really, really nice lady. She gave us a bunch of Kappa blocks, etc that her girls outgrew.

I had a neighbor in our last house who was on here every once in a while, but I haven't heard from her in about a year (and I don't think she visits these forums anymore).

I guess that's it. ;)

I almost met Justamouse when she lived near where my oldest takes dance lessons. But, life kept interferring and I totally dropped the ball on it. :001_unsure:

I'm pretty sure when she moved it was farther away from me.

There's one other mom here that I'm probably not too far from (Bergen County?).

Specifically about what you quoted, or about Peek A Book disappearing?

She and I were in the same Boy Scout troop, and we both worked in the childcare area. We talked for a few months before we "discovered" each others' personas on here. She is such a sweet gal in real life, but online she can be a pirranah. :lol: That's why I was so stunned.

As for her being banned on here, well, it has to do with her being a pirranah. :lol:

Crazy. But she wears the cat suit in real life, right?

You know what would be even more crazy? What if the Boy Scouts mom was really an IRL troll and wasn't actually Peek a Boo, but just some lurker? Creeeeeeepy.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Oh, I forgot! My son has penpal'ed and talked on the phone with Dawn's (Nestof3) son. She can tell you my son is not imaginary, ergo, neither am I.

What? I think they are both very similar. Nathan just drops the ball on things. He goes in and out of phases worse than a teeny-bopper. Life has been very hectic around here. :D

How many are going to Williamsburg?

We should meet. You know that we should confirm that we are real. :P

I'm in the area but I doubt I'll go.

and I don't know who all I might know

but here is a short list

Jewel'smom- I think that is her name.

Mamajo

higgisnszoo

I also know thatcyndigirl. Well, we've talked on the phone a million times. She is also amazing, and we are planning to vacation together next year so we can meet IRL. :D

Umyeah,....about that.

I'm really sorry, but my dh is getting transferred to Michigan. I won't be able to come to (your location), but I'll be unpacking. Do you and Alexander want to come and vacation in our new home on the lake? :tongue_smilie:

ETA: I know Earl Gray (hasn't posted here in a looooong time) IRL. I know Negin in Grenada. We talk on the phone. She has the most LOVELY accent! (Nakia also has an accent! snort...)

Edited by ThatCyndiGirl

Just Lucy. I am tempted to say Rosie because I feel like we have met but she lives on the other side of the country and although we sometimes chat privately we haven't met IRL.

It's only a matter of time and several hundred dollars. :D

Well Sandra, I suppose we are even. Will I need to bring more chocolate as payment for the next frock, or did you think it was fun enough to do for free? :tongue_smilie:

Rosie

Just post and ask who is near you. No weeding necessary.:)

Sigh. I have a bunch of free passes to the zoo. Maybe I should bribe some locals here to meet up there. When it is not 110+ degrees outside.:)

Yesterday was a beautiful 85* for most of the day. We went a little north and it reached 97*. It was glorious! Plus, it rained for hours at our house!! First break in 40 days!

I found a thread of people from OK and was reading that....sadly, everyone was from Tulsa, or so it seemed.

I know Negin in Grenada. We talk on the phone. She has the most LOVELY accent! (Nakia also has an accent! snort...)

:grouphug: Cyndi, we need to chat, we need to chat, we need to chat :D. I'm jealous that you and Nakia will see each other next year. :)

I've met Kate in Arabia a few times ( when we were living in the UAE).

Almost got to meet Rosie...and then she moved!

When we returned to Oz, it was near Rosie's neck of the woods,and I was hoping to finally meet her in person, only to find out she moved into Keptwoman's backyard:tongue_smilie:

Justamouse is a friend (and I can vouch that she lives in an amazing, big old home and she really does have 7 kids, and she is sweet, generous and incredibly talented... check out her blog!)

Capt_Uhura but lots of people can vouch for her here because she put together the amazing MCT/SWB conference in Valley Forge! Capt Uhura = :cool:

Also Kalmia, the woman who wrote the book on nature study! Many of you know Kalmia from the VF conference too but she is another local WTM'er for me ;)

I also have spoken on the phone with, emailed, and pm'd OnTheBrink. I can not find the right words for how wonderful OTB really is and I'm getting choked up thinking about it. :crying: She only knows me from the boards but when I didn't even think I could take another breath, she was there for me. She may be the kindest, most unselfish person I've ever known.

And I might get to meet Wishbone Dawn soon, I hope (I might feel awkward, too, don't worry, lol)!

I was really hoping to be able to go to Halifax in September, but with me starting a new job, I can't!!! :-(

Not before next spring, at the earliest. I want to meet all the Halifax ladies!:grouphug:

I know Lovthesurf, although she doesn't post a lot. We've known each other since 9th grade and are really good friends IRL. I've met Mrs. Mungo, since she now lives in my area. And I have actually met SWB, although I doubt she would remember. I got to chat with her briefly about math recommendations for my son at the WTM conference in Va. :001_smile:

It's only a matter of time and several hundred dollars. :D

Well Sandra, I suppose we are even. Will I need to bring more chocolate as payment for the next frock, or did you think it was fun enough to do for free? :tongue_smilie:

Rosie

Did the first frock sew up well? I'll try to be a bit organised and bake something.