Menu

What one thing could you do to improve your life?

Getting a good night's sleep instead of staying up past my body's natural shut-down time.

(That would require I quit my current job, which I'm not willing or interested in doing at this point.)

(It would also require I get better at time mgmt, which I'm not willing or interested in doing at this point LOL.)

Become adopted by a large family who loves to do huge gatherings regularly. I sorely miss having family around. There is nobody to celebrate holidays with. There are no Sunday dinners. There is nobody to call on if I have a problem. I guess there are positives to that (not all family is pleasant to hang out with). But it's just rather lonely sometimes.

I guess there is no way to do that though.

Aww, Wendy. :grouphug: Would you like to borrow my in-laws? The family is like that, but I don't always...err, appreciate it as much as it sounds like you would.

Is there something you could do that would give you an effect like that? Say, be involved in some church group or have a girl's book club or what-not? Bunco? :D

If you were going to commit to beginning to do something consistently that you're not currently doing that you know would greatly improve any aspect of your life, what would it be?

For me it would be to change my eating habits or start exercising regularily. I know it would improve my health drastically and give me more energy to keep up with my kids.

The other thing would be to schedule "me" time regularily. It would keep me recharged and ready to face any trials that come my way each day. I always felt guilty before commiting to myself, but I have recently been changing that. I would simply make sure I was focusin on myself for a while daily rather than the once a week I do now (which is more than I was doing even a year ago)

1 More exercise.

2 More time on my own.

3 Maybe less computer, but the Hive does add something to the quality of my life, I think :001_smile:

4 Another baby (sadly not likely to happen now, although it would interfere with 2 if it did happen :001_rolleyes:)

Cassy

I'm thinking this is a big part of mine, too. :tongue_smilie: More specifically, to better structure my open time so I don't twiddle it away on...other things. :tongue_smilie:

I keep saying that I'm going to shut off the computer and hide it away, but I'm afraid that this is my week to be tired and grumpy, and eat chocolate, and then some potato chips, and then more chocolate, then maybe Mexican food, and then more chocolate, then yell at my kids and cry, make brownies...

That's my excuse!

cat

A few months ago, someone here posted about a website called Celebrate Calm. You'll find a link in my signature line. I began following the blog; ordered a number of their CD's on sale, began listening to them with my children, and signed myself up for Personal Mentoring and Boot Camp (all at discounted prices, by watching for sales, and asking for help to defray the costs when needed).

I'm currently half way through their Boot Camp program, and it is truly life changing. I've made changes in myself, and in my relationships with my kids, and they are responding beautifully. Our household is calmer, more peaceful, and a nicer place to live.

I keep saying that I'm going to shut off the computer and hide it away, but I'm afraid that this is my week to be tired and grumpy, and eat chocolate, and then some potato chips, and then more chocolate, then maybe Mexican food, and then more chocolate, then yell at my kids and cry, make brownies...

That's my excuse!

cat

Meh - we all need that week from time to time. I get it.

I would learn not to be so rigid and I'd think outside the box. I set up too many rules and parameters for myself then get stressed when I can't follow them and I'm very unpleasant to be around.

Wouldn't it be ironic to set a goal not to follow the rules so tightly? :D

A few months ago, someone here posted about a website called Celebrate Calm. You'll find a link in my signature line. I began following the blog; ordered a number of their CD's on sale, began listening to them with my children, and signed myself up for Personal Mentoring and Boot Camp (all at discounted prices, by watching for sales, and asking for help to defray the costs when needed).

I'm currently half way through their Boot Camp program, and it is truly life changing. I've made changes in myself, and in my relationships with my kids, and they are responding beautifully. Our household is calmer, more peaceful, and a nicer place to live.

That sounds really cool! I may have to look at that.

*typing furiously, since I only have 26 more minutes left on my timer. :D*

I'm working on a few things, but one thing that has me stumped is improving my vocabulary. I've never had a good productive vocabulary despite reading. I don't seem to pick it up in the context of reading and definitely can't make it stick from trying to memorise in isolation.

Rosie

Well, the first thing that came to mind was transfering my mind and soul to a perfectly healthy, perfectly functioning body.

Since that has nothing to do with personal commitment, obviously that won't work.

I'll go with catching up on paperwork we need to do, and striving towards buying our home on an acreage. Moving to where there's better weather would absolutely be a help to me.

Yoga. I would practice yoga every single day. I feel fantastic when I do and I honestly believe it heals me, boosts my immune system, gives me energy, relieves stress... but somehow it's so hard to make the time. Especially when I can sit right here in front of the computer and waste the whole day.:glare:

If you were going to commit to beginning to do something consistently that you're not currently doing that you know would greatly improve any aspect of your life, what would it be?

Get rid of internet. :glare:

BECAUSE when we put it on hold I find that I:

1. Do my morning devotions / Bible reading faithfully.

2. Act more intentionally.

3. Don't brush off the children with, "In a minute..."

4. Don't get sidetracked by bother and silliness.

5. Stay on top of all the house/yard work better.

6. Have more time.

7. Spend more time with the kids.

I love the internet.

I DESPISE the internet.

Mostly I despise it.

Edited by BlsdMama

Work out daily. I get 2-4 days a week now but 30-60 minutes a day would be great! Hopefully I could lose a little weight in the process.