Menu

Prayer Request.....

I had a "routine" physical yesterday. My dr. was concerned about the preliminary bloodwork, plus I am apparently spilling a lot of protein in my urine. I was thinking diabetes, kidney dysfunction, or something along those lines.

I got a call from the dr office this morning and was told to come in as soon as possible with dh. They got some of the bloodwork back from the outside lab already, and they think I have leukemia. I've talked to 2 of my sisters who are nurses, and they agree that it's bad. Either leukemia or multiple myeloma. One of them is coming down for the weekend. I have my first oncology appt at 3:30 this afternoon.

UPDATE in posts #33, #37, #49, #77 and #81.

Edited by LizzyBee

I am lifting you up in my prayers today. I am a 15 year cancer survivor (Hodgkins lymphoma). I can relate to the absolute feeling of devastation upon hearing a diagnosis like that. Please know that you are being prayed for and that if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm happy to listen. I see that you are from NC (as am I). I'm not sure where in NC you are, but if you need any oncology recommendations, I'd be happy to share my experiences.

Will keep prayers coming to you daily!!!! How encouraging that your family will be beside you and help you through this.....take heart, know you have many families lifting you up in prayer....and a precious family to surround you in love/care!!

UPDATE:

The diagnosis is chronic myelogenous leukemia. If I have to have leukemia, this is the "good" one to have. My oncologist appt was such a relief. Most people with CML live normal lives and have normal life spans. I will start drug therapy tomorrow, but they are oral meds that I can take at home. I will have to go to the cancer center a couple times a week to have blood drawn to monitor my blood counts. Everyone at the cancer center was really, really nice. I will be able to continue working, which was very worrisome because I am the breadwinner in the family.

Thanks for all your prayers! Today was a very stressful day and I am wiped!

UPDATE:

The diagnosis is chronic myelogenous leukemia. If I have to have leukemia, this is the "good" one to have. My oncologist appt was such a relief. Most people with CML live normal lives and have normal life spans. I will start drug therapy tomorrow, but they are oral meds that I can take at home. I will have to go to the cancer center a couple times a week to have blood drawn to monitor my blood counts. Everyone at the cancer center was really, really nice. I will be able to continue working, which was very worrisome because I am the breadwinner in the family.

I wish you didn't have to have it at all, but if you have to have it, I'm glad that it is the "good one". :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I just took my first chemo pills. Waiting to see if I get sick, hoping I don't.

The oncologist called this morning to tell me my HGB is 7 and to discuss whether to do a transfusion yet. We decided not to do one today, but I am supposed to call him if I get significantly weaker over the weekend.

Reality is setting in.

The oncologist called this morning to tell me my HGB is 7 and to discuss whether to do a transfusion yet. We decided not to do one today, but I am supposed to call him if I get significantly weaker over the weekend.

Reality is setting in.

Praying for you :grouphug:.

Reality is setting in.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

UPDATE:

So glad for this report. I had just read the first one and I'm really glad you added the note about where the update was. I'll be praying and I hope you can get some rest this weekend! :grouphug:

UPDATE:

I was shocked to see your first post! I'm so sorry you have this diagnosis, but it is a blessing to know that you can expect to live a normal life with a normal life expectancy!!! SO glad to hear that!!!:grouphug:

UPDATE:

I am so sorry Elizabeth! My prayers are with you.:grouphug:

I am so sorry you have this but thankful it is the 'good' one to have (my dad also had 'the good kind' of leukemia - what an oxymoron -- but it turned out to be okay).

I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers -- so glad you have one of your sisters with you.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: