Menu

Spin off from do you like your name.....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing you are around 40 if your middle name is Lynn....

Yup. I'm 34 and my middle name is Lynne. But I'd like to point out the importance of that silent e on the end! It gives it great distinction. (Not!)

My sister's middle name is Lynn and she's 35. :tongue_smilie:

I'm 31 and my middle name is Elaine. :D

I'm (almost) 35 and my middle name is Elaine. My sister is 27 and her middle name is Lynn. :D

...my middle name, that is. Never liked it for some reason. The best part of getting married was the excuse to ditch "Ann" and take my maiden last name (which was unusual and I love) as my new middle name. (Just joking about that being the best part, of course...)

I don't have a middle name on my birth certificate. This always annoyed me so I had the brainflash to just add one when I went to college. Sooo, what did I pick??? Xaviera. :w00t: No, I'm not joking. I thought the X. would be a cool initial (well, TBH, I still think it is) but I do cringe a bit when this gem pops up every once in a while. The only good point is that at least it does sound better with my name than Lynn would :D.

Maybe you can guess my age by my middle name - Elizabeth. Don't ask me why, couldn't really say, but I was always embarrassed that my middle name had the letter "z" in it. That was a child's perspective on the name. Now that I've seen five different versions of Pride and Prejudice I kinda like it, although, if I were Elizabeth Bennett, I would have kicked Catherine when she called me Eliza.;)

BTW, I'm 49 and will be for a very, very long time:).

Kathleen in VA

www.homeschoolblogger.com/lavendersblue

I don't have a middle name on my birth certificate. This always annoyed me so I had the brainflash to just add one when I went to college. Sooo, what did I pick??? Xaviera. :w00t: No, I'm not joking. I thought the X. would be a cool initial (well, TBH, I still think it is) but I do cringe a bit when this gem pops up every once in a while. The only good point is that at least it does sound better with my name than Lynn would :D.

LOL Julianna X does sound very cool and mysterious! :D

...my middle name, that is. Never liked it for some reason. The best part of getting married was the excuse to ditch "Ann" and take my maiden last name (which was unusual and I love) as my new middle name. (Just joking about that being the best part, of course...)

Mine is Ann as well. It sounds like And to me. I've thought about taking my maiden name as my middle name, but haven't got much further than the thought.

I'm 43 and it is close...it's Lee. I always hated it! Oh well...I knew a few girls whose middle names were lynn. But I also went toschool and ended up working with so many jennifer...well..that is another thread isn't it?;)

Jenny (lee)

My middle name is Lee. I always thought that that was weird for a girl but I have met several other people with the exact same name as me so obviously it was popular at one time.

I'm 39 and mine is Marie also. My dd13's middle name is Marie, and my MIL and SILs are also Marie.

I am 37 and my middle name is also Marie. My grandmother's middle name was Marie.

My sisters middle names are Anne (she's 40) and Delores (36).

Chiming in as another one with no middle name. There isn't one on my birth certificate. I never wanted one, my dad thought it was Marie for years until my mom finally said "why do you call her Kelly Marie, that's not her name" LOL

It did cause a bit of hassle when I married my dh. The navy wasn't to keen on the fact that I don't have one and the guy trying to get me in the system was having a heck of a time.

I'm 39 and my middle name is Jeanne (pronounce Jean) - nice to see another person w/it too. I don't think that spelling is very common.

That is our dd's middle name. She's a fourth generation, but the first girl with the name. It's very funny when people call asking for dh, and ask for Jean-ne and not "Jean." I'm not sure that he finds it as humorous as I do though. :lol:

I didn't have a middle name until I got married and took my maiden name- McGrogan- for a middle name. Growing up, nobody ever believed that I didn't have a middle name. They always assumed it was something awful that I was embarrassed by!

BTW, My mother was the youngest of 7 and she was the only one without a middle name.

What is your middle name. I am guessing you are around 40 if your middle name is Lynn.... At my hs graduation 1/2 the girls middle names were Lynn

28, & my middle name is Lynn, lol!

But my mom & aunt's middle names were Lynn & Ann, so my sis & I are, too. Mom & Aunt are 50 & 51.