Menu

What are gas prices where you live?

Right at $4/gal here in north Texas.:glare: Exactly doubled in the last 18 or so months.

We support many small businesses: our dance studio, karate dojo, piano and voice teachers, university playhouse, etc. All that will stop after next week until gas prices go down.

Most of these businesses survive on out-of-town students. I see the dance studio and dojo going under in the very near future because of gas prices.

We simply cannot afford the price of gas, the rising price of food, and the extras.

$3.93 in Panama City Beach, FL. One gas station had it for $3.87 but most others are in the 3.90's.

elise1md - I lived in Midwest City, OK for a few yrs. OK is a great place to live! Variety of things to do, nice people, good colleges. So, there are some of us who think well of Oklahoma. :001_smile:

Denise

It was $3.87 around Boulder, CO today.

Which reminds me, I meant to google if there's a site to check on historical gas prices, as I remember when it was just one dollar. Ah-ha, here's one. And another.

Oh cool, here's a "temperature" gas map!

I can be such a geek sometimes.

When my dd who is in 7th grade this year was 1 year old (right near her 1st birthday) some local gas stations had a gas war and it got down to 74 CENTS a gallon :w00t: It was all over our local news and everything and it showed people driving up to just over an hour to get gas. I remember I tried so hard to put $10 and got gas all over the ground because I could not fill it that full. Then about a month later we were COMPLAINING that it went up to a WHOPPING $1.22 a gallon :glare:

$2.16 / litre this week (down from $2.22 / litre last week) That roughly translates to $8.64 / gallon, more than double the higher prices that you are paying in the States. We budget $100 for fuel for the family each week & that's with consolidating as many trips out as possible & we live in town. IF gas prices bounce back up as predicted we won't be visiting dd or watching ds#2's hockey tournament over Queen's Birthday weekend next month. :crying:

And where do you live? (or about if you don't want to say where) I am curious. We live in the Wyoming side of the Black Hills and its $3.77 here. Our whole family lives in Michigan near the Grand Rapids area and its over $4.30 a gallon there. I don't remember the exact amount. So what is it where you are?

Our gas price on base is 4.428 per gallon. :auto: I've had to up my gas budget $200 this month alone. :001_huh:

We live in north-central Kentucky and it went up to $4.05 earlier this week, but then came back down as of yesterday to $3.99....

We noticed recently when we went down to Baton Rouge that as we got closer to the Gulf, and the refineries, prices went down by 20 cents from what they were here.

Every time we've gone up to the UP of Michigan, or up into northern Wisconsin, it seems the prices are at least 20 - 30 cents more than at home. I'm wondering if its the cost of hauling gas up there....

1.59Euros/Litre which "doing roughly the maths" equals more than 8.50USD/gal. Y'all got a long way to go. :)

This is what I tell myself every time I complain about gas prices. I do wonder, though, when there's an increase in the cost of living in general in other countries, aren't incomes generally higher also?

Here in central Ohio, we're ranging from 3.95 to 4.18. But at Kroger, DH just filled up for 3.45. I did a happy dance. Yay grocery savings!!

To give my 16yo practice driving, she drives when we take her little sister to cooking class.

At 9am on Monday the gas was $4.27/ gal for the lowest unleaded

At noon when we drove back past the same gas station it was $4.31 :glare:

We have a couple locked in trips for the Summer, but I think we are going to be cutting back as much as possible.

Amber in SJ