Menu

You child is obviously home schooled when...

Tsutsie

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DS gave his date of birth as January 19, anno domini 2005 to his gymnastics coach.

:lol:

Last week DS7 was telling my friend that his daddy's birthday is next week, March 15th, the same day that Julius Ceasar was killed by the senate, then continued with yelling "BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH!"

She is a kindergarden teacher and I don't think she had any idea what he was talking about :tongue_smilie:

We were listening to the radio a week or two ago when a song from Grease came on. My oldest asked where it was from. I replied Grease, she nodded, and we went on... I thought. After about 20 seconds, ds piped up, "It's been translated, of course!" Because, clearly, if it was from *Greece*, it should've been in Greek! :lol:

We were listening to the radio a week or two ago when a song from Grease came on. My oldest asked where it was from. I replied Grease, she nodded, and we went on... I thought. After about 20 seconds, ds piped up, "It's been translated, of course!" Because, clearly, if it was from *Greece*, it should've been in Greek! :lol:

This is funny!!!

One of my sons will tell anyone who will listen. Usually the conversation goes like this

I don't go to school. I do school at home. My daddy use to work but he doesn't any more. My mommy works all the time.

Sounds so sad from him...the real story is

Mommy & Daddy own their own business. Mom is a consultant and a nurse, who goes to the client sites to do whatever is needed with their computer systems. Daddy quit his job to be a stay home dad so the kids didn't have to go to day care, because mom can make a lot more money than he.

But the way the kids tell it people look at them like their is a financial and lazy dad at home.

I rarely literally laugh out loud, but that did it!

Last week DS7 was telling my friend that his daddy's birthday is next week, March 15th, the same day that Julius Ceasar was killed by the senate, then continued with yelling "BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH!"

She is a kindergarden teacher and I don't think she had any idea what he was talking about :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol: Funny!

:lol:Funny!

Also a dead giveaway--when someone asks what grade my kids are in and they shrug their shoulders and look at me questioningly. :lol:

:lol: Mine does this too.

My daughter recently made some comment about Hannah Montana. I said, "How do you know about her?" And dd replied, "I've seen her when I am picking out yogurt."

She just thinks she is the girl on the yogurt that we don't buy....:D!!!

I love the child who answered, "Anno domini!" Fabulous!

When my dd was in public school last semester ( and then I finally actually listened to the Almighty and brought my kids back home for schooling :D ) she had a Social Studies teacher from Armenia. This woman is wonderful and was giving those 6th graders probably the best Social Studies/Geography lessons they'd ever had. She started in the Fertile Crescent and by December she had started the students on Ancient Egypt. Somewhere in that semester she was teaching her students about Mesopotamia. She was so surprised (and pleased!) that my daughter was the only student who could answer her questions, correctly, about Mesopotamia at the beginning of the unit! I told her, "She should know the answers since we've studied it twice!

DS gave his date of birth as January 19, anno domini 2005 to his gymnastics coach.

That's awesome!

:lol: I was just explaining this to my son, I would crack up if he yelled it like that. Perfect.

That is SO funny. I am crying here. :lol: I will never listen to a Grease song again without thinking about this. :D

This isn't exactly the same thing, but still makes me laugh...DS is learning about the Presidents (more like OBSESSED with them) and we watched a documentary the other day from the history channel. It had a bit of information about each President. While talking about Grover Cleveland, it mentioned that he had skeletons in his closet (because he apparently had a child out of wedlock, which wasn't exactly explained). Anyway, a few hours later when DH got home DS was telling him about the things he learned and he said, "Daddy, did you know that Grover Cleveland kept bones in his closet?" :lol: Hilarious. I love kids. They crack me up.

This is the best thread. :001_smile:

:lol: I think you could peg mine because they don't know who Justin Bieber is.

I must be homeschooled, too.

Some of my favorites:

Bringing his mummy to a 4th of July party.

Telling a man who said he couldn't resist something to try being strapped to the mast.

Screaming "Humbaba" in wild recognition (age 4) in the ancients section at the art museum.

Running screaming from a little girl in at the park with VERY corkscrewed red hair (he was being silly) "Medusa, Medusa!"

Shouting "It's a Turner seascape" at the new Getty.

Asking for a pink Jeep as a birthday cake because "some boys are afraid of pink, but I'm braver than that."

Saying "Thera! Thera blew up and there went the Minoans" with gestures at the old Getty.

Running from the pantry with a can of Campbell's tomato soup shouting "Andy Warhol, Andy Warhol"

Saying "Great borborygmi" when a nurse laid his hand on her gravid belly to feel her baby kicking. (age 4)

Looking up at me with wonder and delight in a store where a Brandenberg just started playing and saying "Bach" (age 2)

And the winner is, coming down from watching TV at a party for grown ups after only twenty minutes and saying "It is some guy who thinks he's a sponge and he's BORING".

Your tween's favorite song is is The Battle of New Orelans -

In 1814 we took a little trip

Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip

We took a little bacon and we took a little beans

And we caught the bloody British in the town of New Orleans

We fired our guns and the British kept a'comin'

There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago

We fired once more and they began to runnin'

On down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico

Ha! Forget Justin Bieber - never heard of him.

My dd's thing is educating people on parasites. She loves science and she loves to watch the show Monsters Inside Me. She tries to diagnose everyone with one parasite or another. Well, she accidentally got one right when someone we knew actually contracted Malaria. Dd felt completely vindicated that someone finally had a parasite. When everyone else in the church is saying "oh gosh, I hope your husband gets well soon," my dd is all "yesss, I knew he had a parasite! He was looking a little yellow last time we saw him." :blushing: :eek:

Unfortunately tact is not covered in any of the curricula I use.

eta: It was touching, though, that after she was told to "tone down her glee" that she comforted the wife with "At least its not a brain-eating amoeba from Florida."

Edited by jewellsmommy

eta: It was touching, though, that after she was told to "tone down her glee" that she comforted the wife with "At least its not a brain-eating amoeba from Florida."

She's able to look on the bright side, at least!

Your tween's favorite song is is The Battle of New Orelans -

In 1814 we took a little trip

Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip

We took a little bacon and we took a little beans

And we caught the bloody British in the town of New Orleans

We fired our guns and the British kept a'comin'

There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago

We fired once more and they began to runnin'

On down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico

They ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles,

and they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.

They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch em,

down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico...

:D Love that tune. My grandma used to play it all the time. I guess I'll have to teach it to my kiddos next year when we do US history. Just so that everyone knows they are homeschooled...

we were looking at Christmas ornaments several years ago, and dd, then 5 gently picked up a glass one and said, it looks like a Chihuly. The teenage clerk was like :001_huh:. The older clerk was VERY impressed. And mama was ready to bust with pride :D.

My daughter recently made some comment about Hannah Montana. I said, "How do you know about her?" And dd replied, "I've seen her when I am picking out yogurt."

My dc saw Brittany Spears one time on a billboard and pointed her out as, "the girl who sells Pepsi." :D

On the subject of library recognition, kalanamak, my then barely 4 year old shouted out (from a few aisles over) "MOMMY! IT'S THE REIGN OF TUTANKHAMEN! CAN WE PLEEEEEASE TAKE THIS ONE HOME?" And, when she finished running over to show me the book, it really was about King Tut! Librarian thought it was hilarious, the rest of the patrons looked puzzled and not a little annoyed...

...that she comforted the wife with "At least its not a brain-eating amoeba from Florida."

I was doing fine through the mummies at parties and translated from Greek until I reached this one ....

ROFLOL:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That would be something one of mine would do. They are true science lovers and gladly explain every body fluid function and cause to anyone who will listen. But, this - this was absolutely priceless. I am still laughing.

One of mine asked the lady at the Pancake House what the diameter of their pancakes were. He was serious' date=' as he later explained he didn't want a huge one like he had got at a Cracker Barrel.[/quote']

Mine have been known the quiz people on their pizza size.

14" pizza? Is that the diameter, radius, or circumference?

Just today, one of my nephews mentioned Michael Jackson. My oldest daughter asked who MJ was. My nephew explained that he was a famous singer and dancer. My daughter asked "What is so special about that? My little sister does that all of the time."

My dd's thing is educating people on parasites. She loves science and she loves to watch the show Monsters Inside Me. She tries to diagnose everyone with one parasite or another. Well, she accidentally got one right when someone we knew actually contracted Malaria. Dd felt completely vindicated that someone finally had a parasite. When everyone else in the church is saying "oh gosh, I hope your husband gets well soon," my dd is all "yesss, I knew he had a parasite! He was looking a little yellow last time we saw him." :blushing: :eek:

Unfortunately tact is not covered in any of the curricula I use.

ROFLOL!!! :lol:

That TOTALLY sounds like something my ds would do. Hilarious!

Also a dead giveaway--when someone asks what grade my kids are in and they shrug their shoulders and look at me questioningly. :lol:

One of mine asked the lady at the Pancake House what the diameter of their pancakes were. He was serious' date=' as he later explained he didn't want a huge one like he had got at a Cracker Barrel.[/quote']

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: