Menu

need a middle name for Titus

Hello out there! DH and I had a boy name picked out for this surprise, but now he doesn't like it. Go figure. He went back and looked at our list and likes Titus, but we can't seem to find a middle name for it. I like how James sounds with it, but *I* can't do it because I have an ex-boyfriend with that name. (Sad too, because we love the book of James, especially chapter 1.)

So Hive, what do you suggest???

Oh, get over the old boyfriend and use James! Surely someone in your family background has the name and you can give them credit?

Of course I say that because I would love to use the name James myself.

Other choices would be

Titus Paul

Titus Aaron

Titus Bartholomew

I'd go with James, too, especially if your BF was called Jim. I had dated a Jim, but we went with James as a middle name for our son because we both liked it and it gave him the nickname of TJ. No regrets at all :001_smile:. You could also use Jameson.

But, if you're dead-set against it, consider:

Jaden

Jackson

Jasper

Joel

Justin

Julien

Hello out there! DH and I had a boy name picked out for this surprise, but now he doesn't like it. Go figure. He went back and looked at our list and likes Titus, but we can't seem to find a middle name for it. I like how James sounds with it, but *I* can't do it because I have an ex-boyfriend with that name. (Sad too, because we love the book of James, especially chapter 1.)

So Hive, what do you suggest???

We have a Titus Daniel. :D

I taught my 2nd grade religious ed class the books of the NT and the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw your post was:

Titus Philemon

and you know what? It is a little strange, but I like it :D

That's funny, that's what came to my mind too! :D

I thought of Bartholomew also, but you wouldn't want to call him TB! :001_huh::tongue_smilie: So, maybe a B middle name isn't the best idea! :001_smile:

I like the J as the start of a middle name, with the possible nickname of TJ. James sounds good with Titus, but it's understandable if you can't get past that it was an x's name!

Joel

Jeremiah

Jaden

Jeremy

John or Jonathan

Other letters:

Logan

Levi

Adam

Braedon

Brandon

Samuel

David

I taught my 2nd grade religious ed class the books of the NT and the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw your post was:

Titus Philemon

That's funny, that's what came to my mind too! :D

I thought of Bartholomew also, but you wouldn't want to call him TB! :001_huh::tongue_smilie: So, maybe a B middle name isn't the best idea! :001_smile:

Actually, you wouldn't want to call him TP!

Regards,

Kareni

My dh had an old girlfriend the name of our dd- once the child has the name, you forget the past, in my experience.

But I wanted to say that when my dd was in utero she had this particular energy of a very strong being and we thought, sexistly, that she must be male and our nickname for her was Titus. She was born female, is a very strong being....and we did not call her Titus :) Her name is Genevieve which means womankind.

I like Titus Jeremiah

My baby is Titus Rafael. But, Rafael is a family name, so we went with it for that reason, not so much because it has a flowing off the tongue sort of vibe. :tongue_smilie:

Be prepared that, no matter what middle name you choose, people will call him Titus Philemon hahahahahaha. And the joke will get old, but you will just :D. Incidentally, we also have an Ezra, and there are some people who always call him Ezra Nehemiah for the same reason.

All of my boys (including my husband) have biblical first names, but I prefer not to pair them with biblical middle names. Some sound good together, but many sound like overkill, if you know what I mean. Titus Jeremiah is one like that- to me they are both strong names that are just too potent together.

My husband lobbied hard for Titus Andronicus, but I nixed that one completely. His second choice was Titus Unitas. I told him he got no more votes after that. :lol:

I actually really like the Titus James combo too. Even though James is a biblical name, it's a common enough name that most folks won't even think of it as biblical, so it passes my overkill test. The TJ is super cute too.

Other suggestions:

Titus Anthony

Titus Dean

Titus Jackson

Titus Jameson

Titus John

Titus Paul

Titus William

Titus Robert

Titus Anderson

I'd probably avoid middle names that start with C, L, M, N, K or T so you don't get the sc, sl, sm, sn, sk, or st slurring of the first and second names. But I am overly picky about stuff like that!

Good luck! Baby naming is SO fun. :001_wub:

Titus Philemon

lol...but MY first thought of a middle name was

and

Titus and Philemon. :)

so I'd probably pick Titus Andrew or Titus Alexander. a lot would depend on how many syllables in the last name. Like scrappyhappymama, I tend to be picky about that kinda thing....

I vote for this one.

Aw, thanks guys! Titus has not been the most well-accepted name , so it makes me feel good! When I told my delivery nurses our girl and boy name before I had him (we didn't know what we were having), they all said, "gosh, hope you have a girl!" We love his name. :)

Titus Philemon

I'd been thinking this too....