Menu

What is your favorite way of boiling water?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Plants KILL PLANTS if they are fed microwave boiled water? OMG!!!! So, does the microwaved water give weeds super powers so they can choke out all the non-weeds? Is THAT what happened to our back yard? Crazy neighbor people pouring microwaved water on our grass? :confused:

We must have the same neighbors. :D I've always suspected they were sabotaging our lawn so theirs would look even better.

Electric kettle. I do not like to use my microwave much.

I have seen the little girls experiment where she watered 2 plants, one with microwaved water, and that one died. I replicated that experiment myself and it did not have the same effect. I even spent good money buying 4 potted plants to do it on- it was a bet with someone- and the experiment did not prove my point.

But I still don't like using the microwave.

You guys are funny.

In my new (to me) kettle on a propane stove at Estrella War. Water for tea in the keurig at home, or the microwave.

This thread was just the pick me up I needed before going in to work this morning. Now if there are just leftover Friday donuts (the night shift cashiers usually save some for me), my morning is made!

Trying not to think about all the OTHER stuff I have to get done today...it's going to be a LONG day. I envy the night owls just heading to bed right about now.

And it's been a very, very long time since I read the Ramona books. Maybe it's time to introduce DD to them...

Kettle.

And actually I'll use the kettle even for water needed in recipes. It boils a whole lot faster.

We drink a lot of tea though. I can't imagine using a microwave. We went to visit my inlaws and they don't have a kettle. O_o I was boiling water in a pot and they couldn't understand why I just didn't use the microwave. SIX of us all wanting tea? Using the microwave would have taken forever. Beside the fact that it is just wrong. You have to have a kettle for a nice cup of tea.

Edited by Daisy

I am truly confused about the rules for jokes, innuendo, etc., in this forum. One man quotes an anecdote from Winston Churchill and people are offended. But discussion and references to TeA are okay? I am not saying that it bothers me. I'm a midwife. You would have to work hard to offend me. I am saying that I just don't get it. I am sorry to hyjack what was meant to be a light hearted thread, but can anyone explain?

I am truly confused about the rules for jokes, innuendo, etc., in this forum. One man quotes an anecdote from Winston Churchill and people are offended. But discussion and references to TeA are okay? I am not saying that it bothers me. I'm a midwife. You would have to work hard to offend me. I am saying that I just don't get it. I am sorry to hyjack what was meant to be a light hearted thread, but can anyone explain?

I missed the Winston comment! So I don't know. But now you're making me wonder: was this a trick question?! Say it isn't so!

Sounds nice!

Bill (non-troublemaker :tongue_smilie:)

Okay fess up. What did you do with the real Bill???

:D

We also use a regular kettle with the obnoxious whistle. :)

ETA: Oh no - I just read the previous posts - this was about boiling water and not making tEa - wasn't it???

Not a trick question, but satire. Last night was very entertaining.

Oh! And again, I miss the crucial bit. No wonder my clever allusion to homo-eroticism in Moby-Dick met with not even a tiny snicker.

Nicole (who is still not recovered from two and a half hours of early music sans reading material, and who must now rally herself for a long day of stage managing the Vagina Monologues, and who wonders if, at this moment, any method of boiling water would provide coffee fast enough)

Well, akmommy whose not much of a tea drinker, but does enjoy a good cup of tEA believes that the best boiled water is made over a campfire surrounded by good friends she settles for the microwave when pouring it in or on something and the stovetop for other purposes. Often she finds herself in hot water without microwave, pot, or campfire, but that's another story.

Also, don't you know Ramona is bad! It encourages children to be, well... Childish (says the woman who was weaned from picture books to chapter reading every Ramona book she could get her hands on).

Akmommy (who has never even attempted to read Moby Dick)

P.s. I think that just about covers it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the Saturday morning laugh.

I have an instant hot water devise connected to my sink. If I need hot water for drinks or instant foods, I just have to press the lever. It is my favorite way to boil water!:lol:

Coveting your tea making abilities, not not that teA!!. Okay, coveting your hot beverage making abilities.

I use a pot or the microwave or the coffee pot. I'm sure I'm breaking some law of the seventh dimension by contaminating my coffee pot with tea and tea with the residue from the coffee pot. After spending six hours watching the people of the Himalaya (ala Michael Palin's Himalaya) heat their pots with yak droppings I'm just glad I can use something that requires electricity.

Plants KILL PLANTS if they are fed microwave boiled water? OMG!!!! So, does the microwaved water give weeds super powers so they can choke out all the non-weeds? Is THAT what happened to our back yard? Crazy neighbor people pouring microwaved water on our grass? :confused:

Is it bad that I water my plant at work with left over diluted diet pepsi or iced tea? The plant seems to be thriving, though.

I heard a talk by a health-guru once and he claimed plants fed water boiled in microwave ovens (and then cooled) killed plants. And we all know health-gurus are always right :tongue_smilie:

Bill (afraid of those new fangled things)

And you were going for noncontroversial?

Up, the little warning light on the iPad tells me the battery life is almost gone.

So it's time to say Goodnight Moon, Goodnight Red Balloon....

Bill

They make this little thing called a recharge...

I do still have 4% battery life :D

Bill

Just sayin'...recharge.

WHoa! Missed that. Good reading skills you have there.:lol:

I boil water by using the instant hot by the sink. It comes to a boil really fast that way.

I have a hot-water dispenser built into my sink...

I drink a LOT of hot tea...

Besides beverages-- it comes in handy when cooking (takes a minute or less to get it to a full boil), making Jell-o and even cleaning the counters!

I've had one in all of the houses we have lived in for the past 21 years!

If I did not have one I would use a very nice kettle.

I have a hot-water dispenser built into my sink...

I drink a LOT of hot tea...

Besides beverages-- it comes in handy when cooking (takes a minute or less to get it to a full boil), making Jell-o and even cleaning the counters!

I've had one in all of the houses we have lived in for the past 21 years!

If I did not have one I would use a very nice kettle.

We very talented water boilers are coming in a bit late.:D

I approve of your method, btw.

For tea or something to be poured, I use a kettle. For potatoes, rice or any other application, I use a pot with a lid. I've only ever used a microwave when we didn't have a stove. I hated it because it would get really hot, but wouldn't boil properly - something about surface tension. Plus, I got this ugly scum on the top of my tea.