Menu

S/O of the honesty thread

Right NOW- how clean is your house?  

1. 1. Right NOW- how clean is your house?

• Spotless- it would pass a white glove test
    • Clean- I am proud of myself
    • Its messy but not very
    • Its pretty bad right now
    • I think I have a floor- somewhere
    • other-- please explain :)

I'll play ;)

My house is acceptable if someone popped over unexpectedly.

* Our foyer is picked up, but there are 3 pairs of shoes on the rug & 2 coats hung over a railing. (When I'm picky, they are gone)

* Our living room & dining room are good - hardly get much use.

* Our family room/school room is 'lived in' - books & notebooks out on tables, quilts on the couch for reading. (when I'm picky, they are gone)

* Our bedrooms have unmade beds & jammies on the floor or bed - but those doors can easily be shut to hide the tornado. :tongue_smilie:

* Bathrooms toilets and sinks are clean, but towels are hung over the shower from this morning and a curling iron is on the counter. (When I'm picky, they are gone)

Not too bad, but you caught me on a good day. :D

I voted spotless but in the interests of honesty...I have a full-time ahma that scrubs it top to bottom daily so I can take ZERO credit for its cleanliness. :D

Ooh, I need to hire someone like that. Dc are my full-time housekeepers, but their methods leave much to be desired. :tongue_smilie:

I voted that it's messy but not very.

My front entryway, dining room, playroom, bathroom and living room are all very clean (minus needing vacuumed and possibly fingerprint smudges removed). My kitchen is scary (dishes need done, counters need cleaned, floor needs washed), the laundry room is waiting for me to actually fold the laundry and all the bedrooms could use me to go in and actually clean them (mainly clothes, boxes and blankets tossed about). If I had company over I wouldn't care about the mess though. The laundry room and bedrooms have doors for a reason and if my guests don't like my messy kitchen they are more than welcome to clean it for me. :D

Right now my house is pretty clean. We do have a few school books on the kitchen table (and the living room floor I just saw where my oldest did her chalkdust :glare:) All my dishes are done, kitchen is clean. My bathrooms are very clean (my pet peeve is a dirty bathroom... I dont know why.) My boys are playing with their legos so there is about a 2ft radius around them full of legos :lol: in the living room but I would be ok with unexpected company. Bedrooms are clean and beds are made.

I have to vote "It's messy but not very". I was visited by a lovely stomach virus Sunday night and today I'm just beginning to feel like half a human. I wouldn't be happy if someone dropped by (I'm seldom happy when people do drop-bys but that's another story) but I wouldn't be mortified. It's not great but not awful. At least the sink is empty and the half bath is clean. I just wish my house was as clean as I was keeping it around the holidays when everyone was visiting and staying. I think I burned out. :)

I voted other because while my house is somewhere between spotless and clean at this very moment, it's only because my housekeeper just left. :blush:

Yes, I have a housekeeper. I have physical limitations the preclude doing vacuuming or cleaning bathrooms. I can do them, but if I do, I'll be in massive pain for days afterwards. It's worth it.

If you came to the door now? I'd let you in. Dd10 is in the family room with a couple books and a blanket. Kitchen has dirty dishes in the sink and on the counter, but we ate today, and I am waiting word on a new dishwasher from landlord. Living Room - there's a sick kid sleeping on the couch. All beds are kid-made, and bathrooms are clean enough (they were done over the weekend, but honestly seem like they could be done every day:glare:).

I voted other because while my house is somewhere between spotless and clean at this very moment, it's only because my housekeeper just left. :blush:

Yes, I have a housekeeper. I have physical limitations the preclude doing vacuuming or cleaning bathrooms. I can do them, but if I do, I'll be in massive pain for days afterwards. It's worth it.

Anyone who has a housekeeper gets a :thumbup: from me! (And a :thumbup::thumbup: since you don't do bathrooms!)

Other.

Um, it's pretty bad and I'm proud because it was REALLY bad the day before yesterday. My 'Plan for the Manufacture of Serotonin' is yielding results so the last two nights, after the kids have gone to bed, I've had the energy to do lots of picking up (toddler is in that pull everything out of drawers and post them in odd places phase) so I've been able to vacuum in the morning before he's had time to make an awful mess again. I picked up dd's room this morning before the boy was up, and will go vacuum it soon. Then the last carpeted room to be done is the boy's room. That shouldn't take too long. There isn't much on the floor in there because he's posted it all out the window :glare: I guess I'll be climbing out the window to pick it all up again. :glare:

Next on the agenda is the dining room floor. That is truly frightening and looks like it has never been cleaned. Apart from that and the kids' bedrooms, the rest of the house looks like it should be done in the next few days, which is pretty good considering the presence of a toddler-crumb-creation-machine and absence of full time housekeeper (I'd sure like one of them...)

Usually it is all pretty awful, but as I said, my 'Plan for the Manufacture of Serotonin' is yielding results.

Rosie

OK Honestly my kitchen and dining room SPOTLESS!! I have ocd on those rooms lol. The girls room/bathroom I think I have a floor. A 13 and a 6 year girls live there so yeah it is bad. School room is actually OK today. Living room pretty clean as no one uses it. Boys room is al right today my bedroom is pretty clean. Mine and the boys bathroom is pretty clean. So there you have it the horrible truth. I am not Suzy Homemaker LOL

I went with messy but not very.......its a trailer, and with multiple kids plus two grandchildren over to be babysat while their mom works....well it looks pretty good considering. There are some toys and books on the floor in the livingroom, dirty supper dishes in the sink, and a load of laundry waiting to be folded. I could handle some guests right now and not be too embarrassed. Coffee, anyone? I have some Jack in mine.......:)

If someone came to my door I would let them in. ;) But they would need to understand I have 6 kids age 10 and under and we live in a small house! Our house is relatively *clean* but many might consider it messy because there are books on the school table, dishes in the sink, and legos/toys out in the bedrooms.

Kitchen is clean but don't look at the table that is littered with mail.

Dining room is messy.

Living room is messy. We're in the midst of a huge shredding party of old financial records.

Hall and stairs are clean.

Bathrooms are clean.

Bedrooms are sort of clean, sort of messy.

You are not allowed in the schoolroom. It should have "crime scene" tape on it. I think it's been ransacked:D

I voted that I think I have a floor somewhere but actually that is only half true. We have a two story house. The first floor stay relatively clean because the only person who ever goes down there is dad. His office is downstairs and he watches TV in the guest room. He is also in charge of the kitchen. He does all of the cooking and cleaning.

The second floor on the other hand will probably collapse under the weight soon. We use the loft as the family room and it always has school books, laptops, craft projects, pillows, blankets, snuggies and various other items in there. Even if I thoroughly clean it, it only last until the evening when we all move in there.

The laundry room is so overflowing that it has required me to perfect my half court shot to get laundry into the washer.

The girls bathroom is overflowing with make-up, hair products and appliances, various perfumes, body sprays, and various other female up keep items.

And my bedroom is hopeless. This used to be my santuary. It was clean, uncluttered and organized. The was a place for everything and everything was in it's place but somewhere along the line, I lost control. I think it was about the time my health took a turn for the worst. My children were kind enough to help keep the rest of the house clean but they put anything that they didn't know where went in my room.

I have a large plastic work table where I used to sit to do writing and school work. It is currently so covered with stuff that I am afraid it will collapse soon. I have several boxes of paperwork that need to be gone through and either filed or disposed of. My hubby is always trying to help with the laundry but he is only capable of washing, drying and putting the clothes in a laundry basket which he then puts in my room. I currently have six laundry baskets of clean clothes that need to be put away. My hubby sells books on-line so I have stacks of books that are for sale plus tons of boxes and packing materials in here. The dogs pretty much live in here so I have dog beds, toys, and various animals parts that they like to chew on. I have a credenza that holds all of my supplies. I stack various projects that I am working on, on top of it. My desk is covered with piles of paperwork in progress. One time I was sitting at my desk and my family had literally stack so much stuff on the floor around me that I couldn't stand up out of my chair and had to have them come help dig me out.

The entire house is in serious need of deep cleaning: windows washed, window sills, door frames, jams and surfaces scrubbed, floorboards cleaned, blinds and ceiling fans cleaned, all surfaces dusted and wiped down, cobwebs removed, carpet thoroughly vacuumed and cleaned and probaby a whole lot more that I can't even think of right now. I think that it would take my entire crew a week to whip this place back into shape.

I really worry because the more my health deteriorates the less capable I become of keeping up with even basic house cleaning. I am seriously considering getting a maid service if my disability comes through.

I voted messy, but it isn't very messy. I'm spring cleaning and somehow that involves making a complete mess before it gets better. Not sure how that works.

The laundry is up to date and put away, the bathrooms are clean and most of the house is presentable, but I've got a pile of stuff on my desk that needs further processing before it can be tossed (like cutting buttons off etc), and a pile of paperwork on the sofa that I'm currently sorting.

Min

I voted it's pretty bad right now.

I had oral surgery on Wednesday and I have been in more pain than I ever expected to be. I've gotten behind on everything. The kitchen floor needs washed. There's two baskets of laundry to be folded.

We rearranged the living room furniture and I haven't finished unpacking and arranging everything since the move.

Today the plumbing under the sink exploded, flooding the kitchen floor. Now my kitchen rug and all my "mess towels" are soaked and need washing.

The bathroom needs cleaned.

It's a sorry sight.

Kitchen, living room, dining room, entry way, and bathrooms are mostly clean. The living room has a couple of books out and a pen on the coffee table that should get put away. Our beds are made, and the toilets and bathroom sinks got scrubbed today (I do these every day or two). Every evening after dinner, the kitchen counters, stove, and table get wiped off, and the sink gets scrubbed every evening. Dirty dishes go straight to the dishwasher because I hate seeing them on the counter.

I voted clean but not spotless, though. The bathroom counters could use a wiping, and I should vacuum the bedrooms (main living areas got vacuumed last night). The whole house needs to be dusted.

I try to stay on top of the cleaning because a cluttered living space makes me feel stressed. A stressed mama is not a happy mama!

Living room is messy. We're in the midst of a huge shredding party of old financial records.

This was us last weekend. I finally just dumped it in a box and decided that we'd have a fire sometime this week. I think our shredder would die if I kept trying to shred it all!

You know what? You don't have to make excuses for your housekeeper. If you have one, ENJOY HER!!!! ;) I do and I don't have physical limitations and I don't feel the least bit ashamed of having one. :D

My house is always a little messy. I would open the door and let you in but I would have to close the door to the school/play room. Bathroom and kitchen are in good shape. The front living room is always in good shape because no one is ever in there. The girls rooms are in good shape too. I would need to close my bed room door because I have about 4 baskets of clean laundry that I need to fold. My van on the other hand is a total mess so if I seen you walking I may not stop and pick you up:D

I'm glad this was here now, not this morning. I usually do a big clean and do laundry on Mondays but we went to a special program at our museum yesterday so today was the day. This morning the kid's room and the living room were wall-to-wall toys everywhere, there were socks all over my bedroom floor (I wear them to bed but then get warm so take them off and drop them over the side), the bathroom garbage was overflowing.... There are folded towels on my bed waiting to be put away and I didn't do tonights dinner dishes yet but things are looking okay.

It's messy, but not very. If company dropped in unexpectedly, they wouldn't see anything that would wig them out. But if I knew company was coming, there would be a lot of things like mail, snowclothes, toys, food, etc. to put away.

Edited by Quill
Didn't finish my sentence. Weird.

I chose the third option, but it might be the second.

If I knew you well, I would welcome you in. If you were one of dh's friends or someone from church, I would pick up some books and papers first. :001_smile:

We have people in at least weekly, so things are always pretty well clean. I also deeep, deeeeeep clean at the New Year, so things are looking pretty spiffy, even if you wanted to open cupboard doors. :D

I voted messy but not bad. My house is never spotless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It always is partly cluttered because we just don't have room to put everything... even though I have gotten rid of lots of stuff. Often the school stuff piles just get shifted between computer area and kitchen table.

Currently I seem to be a storage place for everyone. Niece and my mom have left stuff here after they moved out. A friend moved in a few months ago and needed to clear out her storage space as it was just too much money. Older nephew has been planning to move out on his own for 5 years now and has accumulated a few things... but he is still here!!!!

But it depends on the rooms-LOL.

Nephew #1 and #2 bedrooms ...um, they need to be condemned!!!!!:eek: I am not joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am about to blow a gasket with them.

Dd and Ds rooms are mostly cluttered, but Ds room is getting stinky (teen age boys stink even when they are clean it seems!!!!), and Dd's room has four guinea pigs and even with cages cleaned out every other day they are stinky and they kick litter all over the place some how. And the that they just throw their clothes e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear their closets and dressers are empty :confused::confused: . I rarely can even find a spot of carpet that isn't covered.

My bedroom, the kitchen, bathrooms, living room, entry are in pretty good shape. Could use a sweep/vaccuum.

Ds#2/Ds#3 bedroom is okay... they have a few piles of "stuff" but 75% of the floor is cleared and their clothes are put away (just took dirty laundry down this morning and that was covering a huge part of the middle of the floor... but in a pile)

Edited by AnitaMcC