Menu

What do you eat for dinner on the day before Thanksgiving?

My freind owns a pizza parlor and she says tonight will be one of the busiest of her year.

We are having leftovers fromthe week--they'll have two soups, mashed potatoes, and some roast pork and grilled chicken. Soup and fresh salad for DH, me and visting grandparents.

Which brings to mind another imortant question: breakfast tommorow? Ideas? I don't want the usual Sunday morning foraging. Need a plan.

Tonight it's just pasta with alfredo sauce and roasted zucchini and mushrooms. And maybe some fruit on the side.

The only things I make the day before Thanksgiving are the pumpkin pie and the cranberry sauce and I can do those in the early afternoon while the ds is doing schoolwork.

Pirate Supper! Every man, woman and child for himself, wildly foraging the fridge and cubboards for any morsels not required for Thanksgiving meal preparations!

Gotta make room for the *new* leftovers, kwim?!!

I love the expression Pirate Supper. I want you to know that I'm going to start calling leftover night in my house that. I'll get to use the expression very soon because that's what tonight it.

I have put about 2 lbs of cubed steak into the slow cooker. I rolled it in flour, salt & pepper and browned it in oil first. Then I put into the food processor a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic (I'm wondering if 1 would have been enough) a bit of brown sugar, about 1/2 an onion and some Worcestershire sauce. Whirled that for a bit (Two of my kids will not eat identifiable onions) and poured it over the steaks.

It smells good--a little more garlicky than I had in mind. I'm not sure what to call it.

I love the expression Pirate Supper. I want you to know that I'm going to start calling leftover night in my house that. I'll get to use the expression very soon because that's what tonight it.

:iagree: Pirate Supper is a great way to describe it! Sadly, we ate leftovers last night. We're having sandwiches tonight.

Pirate Supper! Every man, woman and child for himself, wildly foraging the fridge and cubboards for any morsels not required for Thanksgiving meal preparations!

Gotta make room for the *new* leftovers, kwim?!!

I so love love that-pirate supper! That is what we are having too, only I called it leftovers. Now it is special -we are having Pirate Supper!

I so love love that-pirate supper! That is what we are having too, only I called it leftovers. Now it is special -we are having Pirate Supper!

:iagree: Us too. Mostly because we are recovering from a stomach bug :glare:. I don't need to do much cooking before Thanksgiving day. I've made two pies. :)