Menu

My youngest is having a lung biopsy today

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is through the surgery now, he is sleeping off the sedation. They are waitin a couple of hours, then they will do a chest x-ray to check for any complications before we go. Thank you, love you guys.

Praying you will have the answers you need to find wisdom and direction. God go with you and a :grouphug:.

Kymberly

Thank you all for holding the thought for us. They put in a chest tube, got most of the air out and the lung is mostly reinflated. They expect the leak to seal itself overnight and for the lung to finish reinflating on its own. We should be going home tomorrow.

I almost hate to ask, but what are they looking for? Did I miss that post?

Barb

Thank you all for holding the thought for us. They put in a chest tube, got most of the air out and the lung is mostly reinflated. They expect the leak to seal itself overnight and for the lung to finish reinflating on its own. We should be going home tomorrow.

Good to hear!! Those are no darn fun, but MUCH easier on children than adults. Hope he's well on the road to recovery and you get a very clear dx tomorrow.

Diane W.

married for 22 years

homeschooling 3 kiddos for 16 years

He has small airway obstructions that are getting progressively worse and they aren't sure why.

I just saw this update. I have no idea how I missed it before. Have they checked for histoplasmosis? The reason I ask is because both my brother and I had this as children. I didn't even get sick and only found out later due to scarring showing up on an X-ray when I had pneumonia. My brother on the other hand ended up with a collapsed lung. The histoplasmosis (I don't know if this is a bacteria or virus or what) had caused a growth around the major airway to one of his lungs. He had to have surgery to have it removed and was in the hospital for six months. He is perfectly healthy now but it was very scarry for awhile and it would have been so much easier if they had caught it earlier. I am assuming that if your son has had x-ray and surgery that they would have caught it if this was the case but what happened to my brother was unusual so they might not think of it right away. My brother was lucky in that he was in the Dallas Children Hospital where they deal with more unusual cases.

In any case, I am so glad to hear that he has made it through surgery and that they have managed to reinflate his lung. Hopefully he will heal quickly and they will find and fix the problem. Praying for you both here. :grouphug:

Edited by KidsHappen

Thinking of you spending a long night at the hospital. Dwell on all that you know to be True. Waiting is so difficult, sending more prayers and hugs.

what a scare! How are the two of you doing now?

I hope the doctors got their answers so your little one can be well in no time!

:grouphug: