Menu

When is your last school day???

Guest Virginia Dawn

We are done when the work is done, which will hopefully be by Memorial Day. We are winding down a lot of things and doubling up on others.

Glad to hear others are in the same boat as us with finishing up stuff. We will school through summer for about 30 minutes to an hour a day, but it is NOTHING compared to what we do now. I am ready to have less work! My older ds started at 10am and is still working...just started Math and has English to go after math.

I think **I** checked out along with Sarah's ds! :tongue_smilie: My kids are doing much better than I am!

June 18th will be our last day but I am hoping that we will really be done on June 4 ~ those last two weeks are for anything leftover. Then we'll have a full month off and will start up again in mid-July with our summer schedule of 2 school days per week.

May 6! I can't believe it. We've never finished this early before, and we even did some substantial travel during the fall.

We will actually finish most of our work early next week, then we're on to standardized testing. We have a picnic with our homeschool group on Friday, and that's going to be our end-of-year celebration. It can't come soon enough!

As we school year round, we really don't have a last day. When DD finishes her spelling book (which is conveniently180 days) , she can start calling herself a 5th grader. She has 16 more days of that, but we are going on a week long vacation week after next, so probably towards the end of the month. She finished her second MUS book of the year today, so I told her she could have tomorrow off for math. Then we are going into a crash course on fraction concepts (switching math programs).

We've been a little lighter than usual the last 3 weeks. We've gotten the basics and a little more done every day, alternating the extras so they are all covered with moderate regularity. It's time to spend about 4 to 5 weeks back into everything/everyday. During the summer (about 5 to 6 weeks from now) we'll take a week off each month (June, July and August) and do school about 3 days a week between.

So we won't have a specific day because we spread it how we need it. We were really needing some relaxation right now and we'll get more (but spread out) over summer. Also, it tends to get SO miserably hot down here in August that there isn't much you can do outside. If that happens and we get stir crazy we'll just kick up the school. :)

:party:

I had originally planned on finishing May 7th, but ds has "kicked it up a notch" so we are going to finish this Thursday.

We started at the beginning of August. For next year, we won't be able to start until mid-August, so we will likely never finish this early again, but it sure is fun THIS year.

DD will most likely be finished the end of May, beginning of June.

She'll be doing some math and grammar over the summer, 3 days a week, as well as some piano practice.

She'll be in 9th, and wants to start her Home Ec and Logic electives in July, so she can finish them earlier, and not have so much for the whole year. But she'll have most of June off.

I am homeschooling a friend's child along with my own. I really can't be finished until his brother is so that he will have somewhere to stay during the day. So....we won't be done until June 11th. And believe me, it can't get here soon enough!!!

It keeps getting further and further away...:toetap05:

You, too, huh? Ds1 goes to a private school and is done mid-May. I tried to keep ds2 on a similar schedule but he's at the feet-dragging age. You know, when they'd rather spend untold hours figuring out how to avoid doing their work than just buckle down and get it done in a couple hours. Or take an hour to do a short grammar lesson because he keeps veering off topic? So with our family vacation taking up 2 weeks in May/June it's looking like the last day for him is sometime at the end of June. :glare:

Cinder