Menu

Parental Humiliations Galore! (picture enclosed)

So my son is a horrible speller but he is really trying. Today in Sunday school he drew this picture on the back of his Bible story paper. It says, "Snoopy World War I Flying Ace," only it doesn't...

Think I'm going to get a call from the Sunday School teacher? :lol:

post-109-13535083510703_thumb.jpg

post-109-13535083510703_thumb.jpg

ROTFLMHO....I love it! My dd did something similar once. She had a toy pony (one of those gosh awful Barbie things) whose name was "Nibbles". Only she couldn't say "Nibbles". She called it "Nipples". Smuggled it to church one week and announced loudly that she had her horse "Nipples" to play with during our Church nursery time. We were so proud. :glare:

Diane W.

When my oldest was about nine she was just starting to read well. Spelling was another story.

One Sunday she was taking Sermon notes and labeled them as such. Except she spelled it S-m-n (insert 'e's) notes.

I was just so happy that she had not shown anyone else.

LOL. :lol:

ROTFLMHO....I love it! My dd did something similar once. She had a toy pony (one of those gosh awful Barbie things) whose name was "Nibbles". Only she couldn't say "Nibbles". She called it "Nipples". Smuggled it to church one week and announced loudly that she had her horse "Nipples" to play with during our Church nursery time. We were so proud. :glare:

Diane W.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Just gotta LOVE kids!!!!! Too cute!

Guest Katia

This thread is hysterical! Showed the pic to my family and we were all giggling; then read the others aloud and we're rolling on the floor laughing!! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks so much for sharing!

:lol: Funny stuff! I asked my dd the other day to give me some words that ended with the "ch" sound (what was I thinking?) Of course, the first word out of her mouth was b__ch. I just praised her and spit out another word very quickly to keep us going before she asked what that particular word meant.:tongue_smilie:

:lol: Funny stuff! I asked my dd the other day to give me some words that ended with the "ch" sound (what was I thinking?) Of course, the first word out of her mouth was b__ch. I just praised her and spit out another word very quickly to keep us going before she asked what that particular word meant.:tongue_smilie:

When my older son was about 4, he watched a movie with his father (my EX) where bit*h was used several times. That Sunday, we took him to church and in Sunday School, he asked his favorite teacher (an 80 something year old church elder, mind you) "if she would be his bit*h." He thought it was a replacement word for girlfriend since the guy in the movie used the word to refer to his girlfriend. :glare: I did mention his dad is my EX, right? :glare:

Oh, these are hilarious! I am sure I have related the story of oldest son's doodle book from our plane trip to Florida. We was 5 at the time. He was sitting across the aisle with DH and was next to a woman who was oohing and aahing over ds's drawings. When I looked at it later, I noticed it was filled with doodles of snakes mating, frogs mating, grasshoppers mating - Okay, a little too much Discovery Channel! I thought I would die of embarrassment, but took comfort in the fact that I would probably never see this woman again ... Only to find out that we were sitting next to her on the flight home.

I will have to wait until the kids go to bed before I attempt to scan a pic to attach here:).

I would have said --a female canine--we use that word around our home quite a bit. We own a kennel and have quite a few of them around here. ;)

These stories are hysterical (and the artwork is precious!).

When my daughter (now 9) was about 3, she used to come up behind us and stick her head up under the backs of one of our shirts to hide. We'd reach behind to pat around joking "Hey, where did Alexa go, and what is this funny bump on my butt?!"

She would crack up laughing. It was a favorite game until the day she got bored on the checkout line at the supermarket and said "Daddy, can we play the butt game?"

I still wonder how many people were tempted to call the police or CPS on us.

A friend of mine at church went to dinner with 2 of the elders from our church when her family placed membership. Toy Story 2 had just come out and their older son was with them. They were new to the church and trying desperately to fill the conversation. She proudly announced - "My son just got his first Woody." Meaning Woody the doll. That story still gets laughs from the elders - she of course, is still mortified.

A friend of mine at church went to dinner with 2 of the elders from our church when her family placed membership. Toy Story 2 had just come out and their older son was with them. They were new to the church and trying desperately to fill the conversation. She proudly announced - "My son just got his first Woody." Meaning Woody the doll. That story still gets laughs from the elders - she of course, is still mortified.

Oh, that is so funny! :smilielol5: