Menu

s/o --- In which decade were you born?

This is a spin-off of the You're So Vain thread in which Remudamom & I (and possibly others -- I didn't read the entire thread) reveal that we were born in 1960 or before, and graduated high school in the 1970s. So I'm curious -- in which decade were YOU born?

ETA: I tried to post this as a poll, but I guess I did something wrong -- must have been that old "iron-poor blood", LOL! I don't know how to fix it, but please indicate whether you were born in the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, or <gulp> 1990s (which would make you about the same age as my dc.)

Edited by ereks mom

Why don't you set up a poll? :-) That way we can see the distribution. (and some can be anonymous if they wish)

I edited my post to add:

"I tried to post this as a poll, but I guess I did something wrong -- must have been that old "iron-poor blood", LOL!"

I don't know how to set up a poll retroactively. Do I need to post it as a new thread?

b. 1963

graduated high school in 1981, college in 1985

married in 1995, still married

child in 2000

Interestingly (at least to me ;)) we had a service today on generations, talking about the Baby Boomer, Gen X, etc groups that some social scientists use and the really different worlds that we have experienced as a result of when we were born. I can't believe that I am grouped into Gen X---to me there's a huge difference in the kind of world experienced by someone like me born in the early 60s than someone born in the late 70s. (Gen X is evidently 1961 to 1981)

Ok....so, I was actually born in 1959, but it was the very tail-end, so I've always considered myself to be a 1960's baby.....all the kids my age were born in 1960, kwim?

Graduated 1978

Married in 1982

Babies in 1984, 1989 and 1992

Homeschooling since 1994

b. 1963

graduated high school in 1981, college in 1985

married in 1995, still married

child in 2000

Interestingly (at least to me ;)) we had a service today on generations, talking about the Baby Boomer, Gen X, etc groups that some social scientists use and the really different worlds that we have experienced as a result of when we were born. I can't believe that I am grouped into Gen X---to me there's a huge difference in the kind of world experienced by someone like me born in the early 60s than someone born in the late 70s. (Gen X is evidently 1961 to 1981)

Interesting. I've heard that the Baby Boomers were born between 1946 and 1964.

Now I don't know what to call myself!!:lol:

Born in 58. Graduated hs in 76. Married in 78. Children in 88, 92 and 94. Still married.

Guess we are the oldest. :001_huh: Born in 58, graduated in 76, married 77, graduated college ''80, two children -'79 and '82.

Widowed in 89. Married in 92, two more kiddos-93 and 94.

Sooooo what month were you born ;), Remudamom????

Interesting. I've heard that the Baby Boomers were born between 1946 and 1964.

Now I don't know what to call myself!!:lol:

It seems there is not a clear agreement on where the dividing line falls. The one that was used for the discussion this morning at service was the one used by William Strauss and Neil Howe in the book "Generations."