Menu

Curious: How many people as adults have lived outside the US?

hi tammy -

as an adult, i've lived in Germany (4.5 yrs), England (1yr), Canada (14 years.... and 18 before becoming an adult ; ), and USA (12 years)....

how long have you been in germany?

ann

Hi Ann...

Germany going on year 5 and South Korea 2 years.

I worked and traveled for six years after college--Namibia for a year, Cairo and Amman for a year, southeastern Turkey and northern Iraq for 8 months, Southeast Asia, former Yugoslavia and Paris for three years, all off and on.

From 2004 until 2008 DH, the children and I lived in Moscow. I was surprised to see how many here have lived there.

Now we live in New England but we don't know for how long.

We lived in Panama for 4 years. (closed down Howard AFB!)

Hope to live in Scotland, Ireland and/or England sometime in the future. (even if only in 13-week increments)

Why would you live there in 13-week increments? I've always wanted to check out the UK. I'm intrigued!

Marshall Islands---3.5 years

New Zealand---1 year

Fiji---3.5 years

New Zealand---11.5 years

DH is a NZer, so the years in NZ is 'home' for him. DH spent 26 years living/working in the Pacific Islands, so when we moved here before ds#2 was born it was like moving to a new country for him.

Blessings,

Does 5 weeks in Oxford, England count? :) Even after that short period of time, we felt like we'd been gone a million years and been a million miles away when we returned to Spokane, WA. I can only imagine what really living away from the US for an extended period of time would feel like.