Menu

Am in rehab

Melissa in Australia

26 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

They have always been very lightfingered. That is why we can never take them To another persons house ever. They can behave but only when they know that they are under constant supervision. Dh can't do it alone 24/7

Does mental health services offer any respite for them?  Or in home help?  Here in the US they would qualify for that.

I am sure behaviors are even worse with you gone as they are worried about mom but can’t express it.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Dh rang me extremely distressed last night 

The boys, as soon as dh leaves the house to do something like feed the chooks, or if they all go outside and the boys are riding their bikes around so dh thinks he will quickly start the pump and water the veggie garden. Those boys gave been sneeking back into the house and ransacking the place. Stealing whatever breaking whatever. Going into the outside room that they have never been allowed into that has stored in it large model aeroplanes that our 2 oldest sons made and taking them and damaging them.  Rifling through everything everywhere in every single room and cupboard in the house. And then telling the most outrageous lies. 

It is school holidays this week and next.. So no break for him at all, not for a minute.  He is at his complete wits end. 

1 hour ago, Melissa in Australia said:

They have always been very lightfingered. That is why we can never take them To another persons house ever. They can behave but only when they know that they are under constant supervision. Dh can't do it alone 24/7

Do they qualify for any sort of inpatient care facility? I don’t know how to phrase this gently, but it sounds like they are reaching a point where you and your dh may not be able to care for them at home without serious risks to your own personal safety.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Day camp isn't really a thing in Australia 

Plus we live remote. So activities available in cities aren't available locally 

What do working Australian parents do with their kids when school is out?

I realize that the remote thing changes that, but in cities, what do parents do for childcare/

5 minutes ago, Drama Llama said:

What do working Australian parents do with their kids when school is out?

I realize that the remote thing changes that, but in cities, what do parents do for childcare/

Most schools that run before and after school care will run school holiday programs during the same hours, or the local council will.

43 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Do they qualify for any sort of inpatient care facility? I don’t know how to phrase this gently, but it sounds like they are reaching a point where you and your dh may not be able to care for them at home without serious risks to your own personal safety.

This has been on my mind as well. With consideration for how difficult it would be emotionally, I am concerned about your going home while still sick, and them realizing that you cannot enforce the rules like you could previously.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Just to make sure things don't get too boring.. My heart today was beating too slow. Pulse was 42. Boy did I feel awful and so so cold. Glad it is back to normal again. It was only for a short while..

I think I prefer too fast. 

Hugs. I was reading that some patients with cardiac sarcoid end up with a pacemaker to fix the heart rate issue. Not sure if that was mentioned to you, but something to keep in mind. Especially given how far away your house is from. medical care if you have an issue. Hugs. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ktgrok said:

Hugs. I was reading that some patients with cardiac sarcoid end up with a pacemaker to fix the heart rate issue. Not sure if that was mentioned to you, but something to keep in mind. Especially given how far away your house is from. medical care if you have an issue. Hugs. 

Yes.  I worry due to your rural location and distance to medical care.

• Like 4

On 9/18/2023 at 2:08 PM, Melissa in Australia said:

the heart medication is absolutely magic at keeping my pulse down. 

You probably know this, but in case no one has thought to mention or explain, a side effect of the beta blockers keeping your heart rate down is decreased exercise tolerance. Since your heart rate isn’t able to elevate in response to exercise the way it usually would, that’s likely further contributing to feeling winded more quickly. Obviously you need the medication right now, so that’s just how it is, but it can be helpful to know part of getting short of breath quickly can be the beta blocker. And of course the sarcoid is having its own contribution at the same time.

• Like 13

My heart can elevate and still does. The iverbradine has just lowered the range of pulse to a more normal one. I can't even walk without the iverbradine. 

I have read also about some people needing a pacemaker.. I have also read about the abrupt heartfailure.  Sometimes it is best not to read too much as it just increases anxiety 

• Sad 21

Just to throw a spanner in the works 

The last 2 mornings I have had a tachycardia episode of extremely high pulse for an extended period of time accompanied by seizures. MET teams have had to be called both times. 

It leaves me so washed out and drained that I sleep pretty much for the rest of the day and can't do rehab. 

• Sad 45

On 9/20/2023 at 7:02 AM, Melissa in Australia said:

Day camp isn't really a thing in Australia 

Plus we live remote. So activities available in cities aren't available locally 

Crazy thought but with school holidays coming up is there any chance of getting them into OSHC? Just for a bit of a breather 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mom_to3 said:

Oh, how scary!! I hope they figure out a way to prevent this soon...though I suppose it's good this is happening while you are still under medical supervision rather than at home.

This was my thought too! I'm so glad you are still in a medical facility that could treat this. And I'm sorry. I know this is scary and discouraging.

• Like 2