• 45-49
    • 50-54
    • 55-59
    • 60-64
    • 65-69
    • 70-74
    • 75 or older

11 hours ago, BusyMom5 said:

I wish there were more younger moms on here.  My youngest is just 5, and there are so few responses on posts regarding K/1St grade stuff 😞 I am trying to look at new programs, and would love to be able to discuss those things here. .. but just not many moms in this phase.  I find this board much more useful for my high schoolers.  

I have a 1st grader right now, but he is the second kid and we know what we like and stick with it, so I am not one who has experience with 6 different maths and every LA program out there so I often can't comment in those threads. I do find there seen to be few in the K-8s where both of mine are, compared to HS and college ages.

I still have our jar of Cuisenaire Rods sitting on the end of my computer desk.

My son is off at college (he is a freshman) so they don't serve much purpose anymore.

But sometimes I pull them out and feel a bit misty.

Bill

Edited by Spy Car
Usual reason
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

I'm 46.  I joined when my oldest was four, and I was 31.  It is surprising to me how much the education boards, especially for littles, have slowed down in that time.  I've wondered if it's because a lot more homeschoolers are doing things like CC and university model schools?  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BusyMom5 said:

If you know any specific groups, please message me!  I prefer the anonymity of a message board, though.   I also feel like FB groups tend to have very brief discussions.   

What math curriculum for my kid? 

Answer:  Try this one I'm using- without and discussions about learning styles, parents involvement, time commitment.   

Ya I don't know any good groups on FB, it seems like most of them are curriculum-specific. I much prefer the perspectives from this forum.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I'm 46.  I joined when my oldest was four, and I was 31.  It is surprising to me how much the education boards, especially for littles, have slowed down in that time.  I've wondered if it's because a lot more homeschoolers are doing things like CC and university model schools?  

The well trained mind doesn't seem to be mentioned on any of my groups or irl.  It's all wildschooling, the good and the beautiful or online programs.  

• Like 3

I'm rilly, rilly old compared to most here. 🙂 My dc were born in '75 and '78; we started hsing in 1982. They started community college when they were 14, so if we count the years I actually homeschooled, it isn't as long as many of you have. But I owned/administered an umbrella-type school (CA peeps would know it as a PSP) for 16 years, so even after we were no longer actually hsing, I was still quite involved with the hsing community in my area. Also, by the time I moved to Texas, I was quite busy on a couple of hs discussion forums, VegSource among them, and of course, since Farcebook, I'm involved there, too. Feels like I've actually been hsing since 1982. 🙂

• Like 14

I just hit 47 and our kids are preparing for launch but the boards were very helpful when we had small ppl. Goodness, my account has been active for 11 years and we have our first HS graduate! I can’t say I’m completely over it either because my niece and honorary nephews and future grands will need me (even if they don’t know it or exist exist…yet…lol). Homeschooling not only helped my kids academically but allowed me to know them/their needs socially in ways I wouldn’t otherwise have done and smoothed over the rough edges (read moves and absences) of DHs military career. It even facilitated a smooth transition back to paid work with decent pay for me. I’m grateful for all of it.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 6

I belong to the youngest group of baby boomers. I am screaming up on 60 and I have been on this board for about 20-21 years now so I guess I am one of the older posters on the board in both senses of the word. I remember when Quiver's board name was Quiver of 7. I did take a small break from the board when all my kids graduated but then I missed you guys so I came back about 5 years ago. I hang out almost exclusively on the chat board but I am helping homeschool my grandkids now so I sometimes visit the other boards. One is in high school and the rest are just starting. This is my only social media and pretty much where I get all of my news and deep conversations of serious issues. I do own a FB that my kids made for me way back when it first came out but I only use it to look at pictures that my kids have posted. This board has been a real blessing for me for the entire time I have been here. You guys have helped me through some really hard times and helped me celebrate some really great times.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Spy Car said:

I still have our jar of Cuisenaire Rods sitting on the end of my computer desk.

My son's is off at college (he is a freshman) so they don't serve much purpose anymore.

But sometime I pull them out and feel a bit misty.

Bill

Your UN is, to me, synonymous with Cuisenaire Rods. 

I still have all my Math U See manipulatives. I have no reason to keep them but they were so central to our homeschooling for all my kids and over so many years. Getting rid of them would be like getting rid of my canning jars or my sewing machine. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Terabith said:

CC and university model schools are HUGE where I live. Most of the people I talk to irl who do one of those two things do them because they feel insecure about their ability to teach. Not everyone, of course, but a large percentage. 

• Like 1

Hmm, looks like our poll is shaping up to a nice middle-aged bell curve.

I'm 45--at least, I will be within the month. It feels like a transitional time for me. My youngest turns six in a few weeks, and at my age it's very unlikely I'll have any more kids--but most of my adult life post-college has been spent taking care of babies and toddlers and so, while I'm also at the launching-grown-kids stage it's actually saying goodbye to the little kids stage that feels like a massive tidal change in my life.

• Like 6

As for where the younger homeschooling moms are congregating, I do see a lot on Facebook (in homeschool -oriented groups).

The Facebook format really doesn't lend itself to in-depth discussions or long-term relationships though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quill said:

I still have all my Math U See manipulatives. I have no reason to keep them but they were so central to our homeschooling for all my kids and over so many years. Getting rid of them would be like getting rid of my canning jars or my sewing machine. 

I'm keeping all my math manipulatives! I lend them out, but stress that they must be returned. I pretend that they're waiting to be used with grandkids, but even then I'm guessing that I'll ask for them back to keep my mind limber in my old age. 😅

• Like 4

I will be 58 this year. Pretty sure I joined around 2004 when my son was 4.  I was never a true homeschooler since XH forced me to use a state virtual curriculum (K12). Thankfully most of the boardies let me hang around anyway.  Ironically I am now helping to homeschool my boss’s 10 year old using The Good and the Beautiful. Usually just one day a week which has its challenges since other people are doing the other days.  

I can definitely tell the board is aging and it makes me sad younger parents aren’t joining.  With the exception of my boss no one I know is independently homeschooling.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I will be 58 this year. Pretty sure I joined around 2004 when my son was 4.  I was never a true homeschooler since XH forced me to use a state virtual curriculum (K12). Thankfully most of the boardies let me hang around anyway.  Ironically I am now helping to homeschool my boss’s 10 year old using The Good and the Beautiful. Usually just one day a week which has its challenges since other people are doing the other days.  

I can definitely tell the board is aging and it makes me sad younger parents aren’t joining.  With the exception of my boss no one I know is independently homeschooling.  

awww it wouldn’t be the same without you. I’m glad you stayed ❤️

I’ve been thinking on this too and one reason I posted was that I worry that it will be deemed irrelevant soon. Especially if the education boards are so slow. 

ETA so what’s our back up plan lol 

A WTM Reddit group ? 😂

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dsmith said:

Recently I've noticed I've jumped into the next age bracket on various polls. 😭I'm 55, but in my head I'm still 30.

I have often felt like my birth certificate must be wrong and I was actually born 10 years later than it says. Of course the result of that is that most people my age seem so old... 🤣

BTW I am in the oldest age group here, at 67.

• Like 4

I also don’t know anyone who is independently homeschooling. Everyone is either in a 2 day a week hybrid, CC, or 2-3 day a week forest school.

My son was in tears today because he wants friends so badly, and I can’t find them.  I had hoped we’d be able to plug into the homeschool community, but what I remembered existing from when I homeschooled my oldest is now gone and replaced by hybrid schools.  I don’t want someone else choosing the curriculum or my son sitting in a classroom two days a week. Like this is the entire reason why I’m homeschooling, so I can individualize his studies and not sit in a classroom six hours a day. But I’m the rarity.

Truthfully? I don’t understand it.

• Like 8

I'm also in the oldest age group.  I'll be 67 this month.  We finished hs'ing quite a while ago and I don't really think about that much these days.  Kids all grown, no grandkids, most of our neighbors are around our ages so not even kids in the neighborhood these days.

I began on these boards back in 1999 and I stay around this board now because I learn so much from people here.  About getting older and health and SS and the medical system and everything really.  And gadgets.  I love gadgets that make life easier and more fun.  Currently, I'm really enjoying the Bob & Brad videos someone here recommended.  Thanks.  🙂

I'm another who doesn't really do social media.  The only other thing besides this that I do is the local Next Door site but I never post on it.  Mostly I see what's going on in the city I live in - lots of scammers and thieves lately.  

I greatly appreciate all those who still post here.  Seems like there's a new set of information to be learned at every stage of life. 🙂

• Like 3

On 4/5/2023 at 10:32 AM, BusyMom5 said:

I wish there were more younger moms on here.  My youngest is just 5, and there are so few responses on posts regarding K/1St grade stuff 😞 I am trying to look at new programs, and would love to be able to discuss those things here. .. but just not many moms in this phase.  I find this board much more useful for my high schoolers.  

I am here! I will be 35 in June and I have a 15 year old but never did homeschool him because circumstances were different. My other 2 boys will be homeschooled and they are 4.5 and turning 3. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

I also don’t know anyone who is independently homeschooling. Everyone is either in a 2 day a week hybrid, CC, or 2-3 day a week forest school.

My son was in tears today because he wants friends so badly, and I can’t find them.  I had hoped we’d be able to plug into the homeschool community, but what I remembered existing from when I homeschooled my oldest is now gone and replaced by hybrid schools.  I don’t want someone else choosing the curriculum or my son sitting in a classroom two days a week. Like this is the entire reason why I’m homeschooling, so I can individualize his studies and not sit in a classroom six hours a day. But I’m the rarity.

I'm sorry your ds is struggling to make friends. It is so tough.

We know very few people who are homeschooling the way you are. I'm one and 3 of my siblings are. But I can't think of anyone else who is. Most are in once a week co-ops that are unappealing to me because I want to pick my own curriculum.

Before the pandemic we had a group of homeschooler's who got together once a week for service projects, religious celebrations, and just to hang out. I miss that a bit. It was mainly for socializing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

This is why, even though I vividly remember what I did in the younger years and why and how, I don’t often participate in educational threads. Most people aren’t interested in doing it the way I did it. (Which is just an observation. I don’t feel like my way was the only way or anything.). 

• Like 8

We had a solo starting year, 2 decent years with a play group that planned field trips, then the covid years where everything broke up. This year we have depended on standing dates with a couple of friends and an art class, and I am seriously considering a new paid co-op next year. It's almost but not quite CC lite. Sign up the fam annually, have access to park days and field trips as you like, but also the option to join any number of subjects group-style with hard commitment and parents teaching. Plus as many spin-off clubs and bees and bowls as you can think of. I think we are ready for more now that the littlest is fully in elementary years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

I remember the transition here and it was so hard. Our large church had a thriving homeschool group and my kids loved it. Then a new lady came in who wanted to start a CC program. It really changed the dynamic. At the time we honestly didn’t have the money for CC for four kids and I also didn’t want someone else choosing my curriculum. I love the flexibility of being eclectic. A lot of my friends went to CC and everything was CC related. Zoo trip? It was with CC. Project day? With CC and the homeschool group itself dwindled down to very few people. To me, at the time, it felt like the haves and the have nots though. I couldn’t afford to have the friends I’d been close to anymore since they were too CC focused to notice they were leaving us behind. I found new friends but we were a tight knit group before CC and my kids were so sad and confused by it.  Then the new friend group also migrated to CC a few years later. 

ETA: we actually caved and tried it for one semester when our new group of friends were all signing up. I was tutoring 2nd graders and was going to try to train to teach Challenge B the next year in order to make the financial leap. We lasted one semester and pulled out. A combo of things: I didn’t like the curriculum, I was assigned to grand jury right after we committed which met on CC days and I had to pay a sub $60 to take my place every other week when the court gave me $12 for my day of service, Also I ended up pregnant and then miscarried at 11 weeks and too many things were making it hard. DH also didn’t love it. I know it’s a good fit for some and some families love it but to DH it felt like a homeschool pyramid scheme and it limited us too much with curriculum lol. 

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 3

I'm 53 and my youngest will be 16 this summer so I'm not spending too much time looking for curriculum anymore.   I first joined here when my son was 4 and he's 17 and in college.  

Facebook seems most useful for specific curriculum or super local groups.  All the nearby counties have homeschool pages on Facebook.  I end up joining them because I run a business (homeschool science center).  I do feel like they aren't particular useful for anything but brief discussion or a quick answer to a question.   My biggest pet peeve is the number of people who ask about a math (or whatever) curriculum and everyone jumps in with their favorite or what they are using without asking any questions at all.  Not even if the person is looking for secular or religious.   

We do have some hybrid schools around here but a lot more ala carte type classes.  I run a science center so offer only science with a little bit of math, we have a lot of forest schools, a lot of places offering art classes, a few places offering sports/PE type stuff, a big art/music/dance coop.  CC isn't very popular around here.  There are a few campuses (I think that's what they call themselves?), but they don't seem very popular.    People are willing to spend money if they think they are getting their moneys worth out of it, but this is also an extremely HCOL area so people are careful with their money.    Since we have no homeschool requirements or testing or oversight at all, people aren't as worried about meeting a certain standard.   Especially not in the elementary years.   And there are tons of options for socializing.  

16 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

That’s wild!! Pretty much all the homeschoolers I know are doing it the traditional way.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

My biggest pet peeve is the number of people who ask about a math (or whatever) curriculum and everyone jumps in with their favorite or what they are using without asking any questions at all.  Not even if the person is looking for secular or religious.  

IKR? But then the OP will just ask an open-ended question ("What math do you like?"), so she deserves the onslaught of useless information, lol. If I get in on the beginning of the conversation, I ask those questions: How many dc, how old, secular or faith-based, what have you already tried and discarded. I'm the admin of a Texas group (15,000+ members), and I have Rules, one of which is "Read all the comments before yours, and don't recommend something that has already been recommended; if you do that, your comment will be deleted. If you just feel like you HAVE to comment (and often, it's not new information; it's just "I agree with MUS." then go to the first comment where it's mentioned and reply to that."

28 minutes ago, Ellie said:

IKR? But then the OP will just ask an open-ended question ("What math do you like?"), so she deserves the onslaught of useless information, lol. If I get in on the beginning of the conversation, I ask those questions: How many dc, how old, secular or faith-based, what have you already tried and discarded. I'm the admin of a Texas group (15,000+ members), and I have Rules, one of which is "Read all the comments before yours, and don't recommend something that has already been recommended; if you do that, your comment will be deleted. If you just feel like you HAVE to comment (and often, it's not new information; it's just "I agree with MUS." then go to the first comment where it's mentioned and reply to that."

True, asking an open ended question without modifiers you can expect to get a bunch of answers that won't fit.  But sometimes people even say something like "My kid struggles in math, what do you recommend for middle school" and they'll get a bunch of people swearing by AOPs.  Which really is not for kids who struggle.    Or they will ask for secular and people will recommend My Father's World or Apologia.   

So, a guess it's a combination of people not asking a specific enough question and people who don't read carefully enough.  

Sometimes the person asking the question is so new they don't know how to be more specific, and that's when I feel like those of us who are more experienced can help them narrow it down by asking those questions before throwing out suggestions.  

• Like 3

You know what is super popular around here and ALWAYS makes me give an eye roll and just move on?  Pods.   There are so many pods around here.  I'm hoping they start to die off soon.   Random, unqualified people starting an unlicensed business to teach other people kids for tons and tons of money.   I know of at least one that got into legal trouble and had to stop mid-year and never offered any refunds or anything to the people who were counting on them.   

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 11:00 AM, Ann.without.an.e said:

My dad used to round up for most of the year and one year he was convinced he was turning a year older than he was actually turning since he had spent most of the year saying he was the year he was turning. He thought we were messing with him and we literally had to sit him down and show him the calendar math. It was funny 

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I was only turning 47 last month. I had already "been 47 in my head" for I'm not sure how long, LOL. So, it was like I gained a whole extra year to do some stuff before 50. Woohoo! 😂😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2023 at 11:14 AM, Ann.without.an.e said:

Even the upper grades has slowed down a lot but the younger grades are definitely super slow. I don’t know what I would’ve done without the Hive in the younger years. Where do younger moms get support now? DD wants to homeschool and it’ll be here before you know it. 

Local or other Facebook groups, instagram, TikTok????

On 4/6/2023 at 6:11 AM, Quill said:

lol I got rid of most of my canning jars but kept the MUS blocks!!!

• Haha 1

I did CC with my kids for a couple years in the K-2 range because I couldn't find any other homeschool groups, and my oldest desperately wanted a group experience and to connect with "school friends."  We didn't do anything other than showing up for the morning Foundations program once a week and sometimes playing the cd in the car.  We ignored it and did our own thing for curriculum, but it also was clear that couldn't last really long term if we'd stayed.  

Honestly, if a forest school had existed, I would have jumped on sending my kids for once a week.  Playing outside all day with friends for a day?  That would have been awesome.  

On 4/6/2023 at 5:01 PM, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

I don't understand it, either. I don't even understand co-ops, especially when I comment to someone that I prefer a support group and she asks what the difference is. Someone in my FB group said that "support groups" are for people who are in recovery from drug abuse or something (I had said that a support group was not a "meet-up," a term which I have come to abhor). I laughed at her and told her she was wrong.

22 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

You know what is super popular around here and ALWAYS makes me give an eye roll and just move on?  Pods.   There are so many pods around here.  I'm hoping they start to die off soon.   Random, unqualified people starting an unlicensed business to teach other people kids for tons and tons of money.   I know of at least one that got into legal trouble and had to stop mid-year and never offered any refunds or anything to the people who were counting on them.   

My FB group admods took a strong stance on "pods" during c@v!d. People joined our FB group thinking they'd get advice, but (1) what the heck is a "pod," anyway? It certainly isn't homeschooling, and so (2) we had nothing to offer them except off-topic discussions. We sent them back to FB groups made up of parents in their same school districts so they could talk amongst themselves.

On 4/6/2023 at 5:26 PM, kathyl said:

I'm also in the oldest age group.  I'll be 67 this month.  We finished hs'ing quite a while ago and I don't really think about that much these days.  Kids all grown, no grandkids, most of our neighbors are around our ages so not even kids in the neighborhood these days.

I began on these boards back in 1999 and I stay around this board now because I learn so much from people here.  About getting older and health and SS and the medical system and everything really.  And gadgets.  I love gadgets that make life easier and more fun.  Currently, I'm really enjoying the Bob & Brad videos someone here recommended.  Thanks.  🙂

I'm another who doesn't really do social media.  The only other thing besides this that I do is the local Next Door site but I never post on it.  Mostly I see what's going on in the city I live in - lots of scammers and thieves lately.  

I greatly appreciate all those who still post here.  Seems like there's a new set of information to be learned at every stage of life. 🙂

It is so cool that you are still here.  I really can’t imagine my life without these boards. 

I do wonder though how you manage to only post on average one time per year!   I think I post that much per hour. 😂

• Haha 6

On 4/6/2023 at 5:01 PM, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

What is CC? I thought it was community college, but the context seems unlikely.

On 4/6/2023 at 4:22 PM, marbel said:

I have often felt like my birth certificate must be wrong and I was actually born 10 years later than it says. Of course the result of that is that most people my age seem so old... 🤣

BTW I am in the oldest age group here, at 67.

I'm also 67 but feel younger. I think that's due to having a younger child - ds is 25. Dss is a full 20 years older at 45. 

My 4 closest friends are younger than me though we all have adult children around the same age. The oldest is 60 and the other three are in their 50s. They've given me the title of honorary GenXer 😃

Most people my age have children in their 40s or at least late 30s. My brother is 5 years younger than me and his daughter is 34. I made friends with younger women because we met at the hs group and all had kids around the same age. It's what we had in common when we first met. We've been friends for almost 20 years, since our kids were very young.

On 4/6/2023 at 6:26 PM, kathyl said:

I began on these boards back in 1999 and I stay around this board now because I learn so much from people here.  About getting older and health and SS and the medical system and everything really.  And gadgets.  I love gadgets that make life easier and more fun.  

Since ds is 25 we also finished homeschooling long ago. I stay here (just the Chat board) because there are people here I've "known" for years. I joined the old old boards under a name I no longer remember but I'm pretty sure I had an AOL email address then. I only posted a handful of times because I found the thread style confusing. I didn't really start posting until WTM went to forum style. When the new forum came in 2008 it wiped out everything and I had to start over. It looks like I joined in 2008 but I've been here much longer.

I have 3 grandchildren through dss (dh was a single dad with custody when I met him, dss was 13). Ds has a girlfriend and they seem serious but I try not to get too attached. I learned that from when dss was dating. I'd really like one of his girlfriends then they'd break up. I do like ds' current girlfriend a lot though.

I too learn things from The Hive. You're never too old to learn and you can learn from people younger than you. I hate when people my age think they always know better simply because of age. Yes, we do have more life experience and often know more in certain areas than younger people. But you can learn from anyone, any age. Heck, I've learned things from my 11yo grandson who is very into astronomy and has taught me things about various galaxies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I'm also 67 but feel younger. I think that's due to having a younger child - ds is 25. Dss is a full 20 years older at 45. 

My 4 closest friends are younger than me though we all have adult children around the same age. The oldest is 60 and the other three are in their 50s. They've given me the title of honorary GenXer 😃

Most people my age have children in their 40s or at least late 30s. My brother is 5 years younger than me and his daughter is 34. I made friends with younger women because we met at the hs group and all had kids around the same age. It's what we had in common when we first met. We've been friends for almost 20 years, since our kids were very young.

Yep, My kids are 25 and 24. Before we moved across the country, my friends were all 15+ years  younger than me, because we met in playgroup when our kids were little. 

But it seems now, or maybe it's where I live, people are sort of "stuck" in their age groups and want their friends to be the same. I have met very few people in the last 15 years who are interested in friendships outside their age group, either older or younger. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scarlett said:

It is so cool that you are still here.  I really can’t imagine my life without these boards. 

I do wonder though how you manage to only post on average one time per year!   I think I post that much per hour. 😂

I've come and gone over the years.  When life gets hectic (moves, illness, etc.), I don't usually have much free time.  We're in a lull right now so I even rejoined the board.  lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

Since ds is 25 we also finished homeschooling long ago. I stay here (just the Chat board) because there are people here I've "known" for years. I joined the old old boards under a name I no longer remember but I'm pretty sure I had an AOL email address then. I only posted a handful of times because I found the thread style confusing. I didn't really start posting until WTM went to forum style. When the new forum came in 2008 it wiped out everything and I had to start over. It looks like I joined in 2008 but I've been here much longer.

I have 3 grandchildren through dss (dh was a single dad with custody when I met him, dss was 13). Ds has a girlfriend and they seem serious but I try not to get too attached. I learned that from when dss was dating. I'd really like one of his girlfriends then they'd break up. I do like ds' current girlfriend a lot though.

I too learn things from The Hive. You're never too old to learn and you can learn from people younger than you. I hate when people my age think they always know better simply because of age. Yes, we do have more life experience and often know more in certain areas than younger people. But you can learn from anyone, any age. Heck, I've learned things from my 11yo grandson who is very into astronomy and has taught me things about various galaxies.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I don't learn things from people younger than I am.  If that were true I guess I wouldn't even bother reading these boards. 😉

19 minutes ago, kathyl said:

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I don't learn things from people younger than I am.  If that were true I guess I wouldn't even bother reading these boards. 😉

Oh no I didn't mean you. I was actually agreeing with you that I learn things from people here, most of whom are younger than us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kathyl said:

1 hour ago, Lady Florida. said:

Oh no I didn't mean you. I was actually agreeing with you that I learn things from people here, most of whom are younger than us.

It is of the reasons I am sad the board isn’t adding as many young parents.  I learn a lot from them.  Things like perspective toward parents  and in laws and current trends in all things.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

It is of the reasons I am sad the board isn’t adding as many young parents.  I learn a lot from them.  Things like perspective toward parents  and in laws and current trends in all things.

Yes, I'm learning a lot about the process of aging in our country as posters talk about dealing with their aging parents.   We just signed up for SS and Medicare this year and that alone makes me very nervous.  I liked it so much better when we just had 'insurance'.  Oh well.

You're right though.  It's sad there aren't as many young parents. 

• Like 1