Menu

Meet Maxwell

Murphy101

1 hour ago, Faith-manor said:

Very, very cute and cuddly!

They are very cuddly.  He got right out of the carrier and found the nearest lap and settled in.  My other cats were hissing at him and he just went over to them and said Mewow? Like hey, what you doin making so much noise? 😆💕

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

36 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

He’s adorable! Is his sister also an orange tabby? Female orange tabbies aren’t common and I’ve heard that they have exceptionally sweet personalities.

She is! She looks just like him only slightly smaller.

21 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Are his legs really short or it just the perspective of the photo?  

They aren’t munchkin short, but they are a bit stubby-legged.  The vet and I were discussing if they are possibly munchkin and/or a Mainecoon mix. The vet says they are about 6ish months old and already 10+ pounds. And yet it’s obvious they aren’t at all overweight. Maybe underweight actually. Who knows with shelter critters. 

I’m a bit sad bc I suspect I’ll have to get them both shaved to some degree. He doesn’t look terrible bc I already gave as best a brushing as I could, but his underbelly and legs are full of mats. 😞

Edited by Murphy101
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, katilac said:

BOGO cats! 😂

He is adorable but does look like he's at the end of a long night, lol. 

I sent these pictures to my grown kids and ds26 said, “Damn he looks like he is deep in the catnip?”

Ds20 said, “Mom, cats aren’t food.  You aren’t supposed to buy them in bulk discounts.”

• Haha 9

10 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

BOGO!!

How old are they?

Shelter vet says could be as young as 6mos and very likely less than a year. They are a bit under weight.  Maxwell is affectionate in over drive but not particularly playful. So far no interests in any toys.  But he hasn’t completely settled yet either. He has a chirpy purr. He snuggled into my hair and shoulder and it was like sleeping with a large floofy chirping parakeet. His paws are so fluffy that his claws barely come out when he made biscuits on my scalp.  Lol

I‘ll be interested to hear what my vet thinks next week. 

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 4