Katy

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kbutton said:

May be a cartoon

This reminds me... years ago we had this lab mix who was so smart.  I can't remember why this squirrel was driving him crazy, but DH told the dog he'd give her a steak if she caught the squirrel.  So of course she immediately did, and brought the tick-infected thing to the door.  I was horrified, and DH happened to be working from home that day, so he got to deal with the consequences of his words.  He thought she didn't understand English, but she did better than most 5 year olds in my opinion. I made him tell her while he appreciated the squirrel, I did not and please don't try to bring another one in the house.  She stopped chasing squirrels immediately, and pretty soon 3 more moved into our yard.

The next house we moved to after that had a doggie door.  I tried to teach the smaller dog how to use it, but he was afraid of it.  The lab mix acted disinterested, and frankly I thought she was a bit big for it. DH came home & asked if she'd used it.  I said, "She's too fat for that."  The dog got a horrified look on her face, immediately ran to the door, and scraped one side of herself trying to show how much space there was.  She then went in and out a few more times while we were standing there laughing.  She acted angry with me until I apologized.  She was such a good dog.

• Like 15
  • Haha 14

2 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

LOL, I stopped growing at 13, but somehow I'm average height (5'4").  And I always felt like I was on the short side as a kid, but maybe it's because I was a year younger than the other kids in my grade??

I'm only 5'3" and I have always felt short. It wasn't until about a year ago that the forums informed me I am actually average height. I guess I always assumed average was 5'5" or 5'6".  Oh well. All I know is all pants are too long. 😃

ETA: And if you judge shortness by not being able to reach stuff, then I am, because I have to scale the shelves like Spiderman at the grocery. LOL.

Edited by cintinative
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cintinative said:

I'm only 5'3" and I have always felt short. It wasn't until about a year ago that the forums informed me I am actually average height. I guess I always assumed average was 5'5" or 5'6".  Oh well. All I know is all pants are too long. 😃

Again, I can relate, as apparently it's my torso that's average.  I always have to by the 'short' pants, and the arms on all the shirts are too long (and that fad of over-long arms on purpose has not helped!!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matryoshka said:

Again, I can relate, as apparently it's my torso that's average.  I always have to by the 'short' pants, and the arms on all the shirts are too long (and that fad of over-long arms on purpose has not helped!!)

I'm the opposite - normalish legs but the torso of a 3 yr old child. My sister is several inches taller than me and our legs are exactly the same height. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Katy said:

I can’t remember if I posted this on an older jokes thread, but it popped up again. 

53B78641-77A6-40F1-81C2-9B79EF0F078F.jpeg

Oh my, dsil's cousin (once removed - and dh's elementary school classmate) summitted Everest without oxygen.  (on a previous expedition he was within a couple thousand feet on a more difficult route when he had to turn around - (equipment failure) - or he would have been one of those bodies.  Another climber fell to her death on that trip.)

Dr's have put him on a treadmill . . . running . . . his heart rate is in the 60s. . . 

1 hour ago, Matryoshka said:

2dd is an inchish shorter than her dh . . . her legs .  . are three inches longer.  

I have short arms, even things that are supposed to be wrist length, are an inch too long.  1dd and I would go grrr whenever 2dd would complain about sleeves being too short.. . . . Then I measured her. she's 5'11" - and her arm span is 6'1".  (arm span and height are supposed to be "the same".)  So, she loves the extra sleeve length in things. "the sleeves fit"!   

(and brand names, and discount store brand names (re: costco, 20 years ago) - the "same" item . . . wasn't the same.  The full price version had longer sleeves.)

I may be average height, but short arms . . . Hey kid - would you please get -__ down for me?   I like having tall children.  I only have one at home now. . . . . dudeling may only be average height, but he still has a few years.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I'm short waisted/have a short torso but long arms and legs.  It makes finding clothes fun.  I actually like "low rise" pants because they fit me somewhat normally.  High rise pants I could use as a bra.  

As someone who is long waisted, low rise pants drive me nuts!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You would think the fact that it was posted by a comedian would give the FB folk a clue!  😉 

Nope! You should have seen all the comments like "I would never put my kid in a car that unsafe!"  Maybe it is a byproduct of the times we are in, because clearly she is joking.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Or a granny car. 🙂

My cousin literally had a granny car.  It was my grandmother's and had vinyl seats that would get so hot in the sun you felt like your skin would melt. I can't remember the make at the moment (post 40s brain!! ugh.), but it was as no frills as you could get!  ETA: it was a Dodge Gremlin. 

Edited by cintinative
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cintinative said:

My cousin literally had a granny car.  It was my grandmother's and had vinyl seats that would get so hot in the sun you felt like your skin would melt. I can't remember the make at the moment (post 40s brain!! ugh.), but it was as no frills as you could get!  ETA: it was a Dodge Gremlin. 

Oh, yes! Mine wasn't my granny's, but it was the last car that the women we bought it from thought she would own, so it was in really good shape. She was a grandmother. My DH had his grandfather's car as his first car. 

39 minutes ago, cintinative said:

May be an image of text that says 'Crystal Lowery Comedian @Crystalllowery Kids today have cool cars, and I object. Your first car needs to be a 1984 Geo Metro with a cracked windshield, an 8-track stuck on smooth jazz, a door that won't open, sparks flying off the tailpipe, and an ignition that only turns if you pray the Rosary 5 times.'

Okay, after reading the comments on this on FB, I feel the need to explain that this is totally a joke. I am not advocating unsafe vehicles for our kids.  

I’m pretty sure they didn’t sell a geo metro in the US in 1984

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pinball said:

Also pretty sure they stoped putting 8 tracks in cars before 1984

Yes, I think so too, but I still get the joke. "The Geo Metro was a marketing and manufacturing variation of the Suzuki Cultus available in North America from 1989 through 2001 as a joint effort of General Motors (GM) and Suzuki. "

Maybe if she had used Dodge Omni?  I learned to drive in one of those.  😃