Menu

Update on monolith

Terabith

Can we entertain ourselves with new conspiracy theories about the monolith? For example, maybe the monolith caused the pandemic?! When did we begin talking about it? I can't remember how long ago it was because Covid-time makes each day seem two or three times as long as normal.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, peacelovehomeschooling said:

I was way more excited than I should be to see this updated.   It seems like a whole lifetime ago that the first thread on this appeared.   In a way it was a lifetime ago really.   Sigh..........

Could the OP link the original thread?

33 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

When I saw the thread title that is what I was expecting....a picture of the monolith with a mask

I would be sorely tempted to draw one on with chalk, but I'd assume at least neighbors have cameras, lol. 

3 minutes ago, katilac said:

OP, we hereby task you with walking past the monolith until you see someone outside, then lightheartedly suggesting adding a mask. 

So, the people who I have seen outside are 1) the Putin look alike (my husband says he actually looks more like Putin's slightly pudgier slightly older brother, but it's still an uncanny resemblance, and 2) an assortment of college aged girls who all dress in identical dresses that are the big collar types that young children in the 80's wore.  

The Bears flag is still out.  

Honestly, I keep wondering if it's a cult.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

I too, was oddly excited to see this post!! 😆

I think with the Putin look-alike, that clearly the monolith must be a communication method of some sorts.  (putting on my tin-foil hat here...) 

thank you for reporting in, this made my day! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

So, the people who I have seen outside are 1) the Putin look alike (my husband says he actually looks more like Putin's slightly pudgier slightly older brother, but it's still an uncanny resemblance, and 2) an assortment of college aged girls who all dress in identical dresses that are the big collar types that young children in the 80's wore.  

I would talk to Putin's brother. How can you not? 

• Like 1

There are only 2 disappointing things about this thread. Obviously, the first is that there is no facemask on it (and therefore, no photo of it with one). And the second is that there is no photo of the Putin look-alike with it.

I really think all monolith updates should involved a photo...even if you have to photoshop one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I really need to make friends with people in our neighborhood, including maybe the folks with the monolith.  It's sad I don't really know ANY of our neighbors and we've lived here like 12 years.  The woman who just moved in behind us and whose back yard backs up to our back yard has an adorable puppy that I watch when washing dishes.  I've pondered knocking on her door to ask if I could play with the puppy.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

There’s a house a little way down the road from me which has a big Easter Island stone head (what are those things called again? A Moiri? Or something...) Anyway, they do dress it up for holidays and they currently have a mask on it. 😷🗿

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

23 minutes ago, Quill said:

There’s a house a little way down the road from me which has a big Easter Island stone head (what are those things called again? A Moiri? Or something...) Anyway, they do dress it up for holidays and they currently have a mask on it. 😷🗿

Honestly, that seems more interesting than a monolith!  Need a picture of the Easter Island head!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Honestly, that seems more interesting than a monolith!  Need a picture of the Easter Island head!

Oh, it’s very cool! I would love to have one like it! 

I doubt I can get a picture of it because it’s not in a neighborhood; it’s just along the busy, twisty state road and there’s not really a good place to stop and get a picture of their Moai. (I looked it up!)

• Like 1

I am so out of it, because when I first saw this thread title, I was like, okay, now, who is monolith? I hope she's okay. 😊

I could handle this mystery just fine until I read about the college-aged girls in matching big collared dresses. Now I MUST KNOW what's going on! Do they wear them all the time? Is it possible they were wearing costumes or choir robes or something? What in the world. 

🍿

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MercyA said:

I am so out of it, because when I first saw this thread title, I was like, okay, now, who is monolith? I hope she's okay. 😊

I could handle this mystery just fine until I read about the college-aged girls in matching big collared dresses. Now I MUST KNOW what's going on! Do they wear them all the time? Is it possible they were wearing costumes or choir robes or something? What in the world. 

🍿

I mean, it's possible?  I've seen them outside maybe three times together?  None of those times were like Halloween, just like 4 pm on a Thursday.  

3 hours ago, barnwife said:

There are only 2 disappointing things about this thread. Obviously, the first is that there is no facemask on it (and therefore, no photo of it with one). And the second is that there is no photo of the Putin look-alike with it.

I really think all monolith updates should involved a photo...even if you have to photoshop one!

I agree. All monolith threads should have mandatory photos - fake ones are allowed. Bonus points for Putin, and extra-bonus points for dress-girls. You could blur their faces for their privacy. And Quill, I think you must find a way to get the Moai picture. You're smart and creative...maybe google earth? 

Thanks for the update!   It made my week! and maybe my month...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Quill said:

10 hours ago, Quill said:

Oh, it’s very cool! I would love to have one like it! 

I doubt I can get a picture of it because it’s not in a neighborhood; it’s just along the busy, twisty state road and there’s not really a good place to stop and get a picture of their Moai. (I looked it up!)

9 hours ago, Tiberia said:

I agree. All monolith threads should have mandatory photos - fake ones are allowed. Bonus points for Putin, and extra-bonus points for dress-girls. You could blur their faces for their privacy. And Quill, I think you must find a way to get the Moai picture. You're smart and creative...maybe google earth? 

Thanks for the update!   It made my week! and maybe my month...

Yes, Quill, that! 

There's a house by my church that has Easter Island heads, and I did use Google Maps to find the house, switched to Street View, and then screen shotted that (and put it in paint so I could color out the address) and got a shot I could share here of them. I bet you could do the same!

(The ones by my church are blue, but they do not dress them up, I don't think....I haven't been to church since this started, so I'm not sure if there are masks on them or not, but that would be hilarious!)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Terabith said:

LOL-- maybe it's some kind of hidden tower talking to the stars...  🙂  

Please share a photo when you can.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Quill said:

We have a house on the main road that has a big couch/bench unicorn on their front lawn.  I really want to figure out how to get a photo.  It is hilarious.

Edited by PrincessMommy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

We have a house on the main road that has a big couch/bench unicorn on their front lawn.  I really want to figure out how to get a photo.  It is hilarious.

I also need a picture of this. I feel like my imagination isn’t doing it justice. 

Also, my neighbourhood is boring and conforming (as am I , in case you get any ideas!) 

6 minutes ago, GGardner said:

Surely it must have it's own twitter?

Nooooo.  But now I'm intrigued.  Someone on facebook told me that THEIR neighbor installed a ten foot tall velociraptor sculpture, and really, that seems way cooler than a six foot tall monolith (now sans ladder).  

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2020 at 7:37 PM, Terabith said:

That’s creepy!  Reminds me of a Lifetime  Movie were a young couple move to the suburbs and their creepy neighbor who acted like it was in the 1950s kidnapped the lady to be his wife/girlfriend in the basement with another lady he kidnapped.  He made them wear 50s style dresses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 7:37 PM, Terabith said:

Wait. Is the Redskins flag gone? 

Sorry this thread is old, but I'm behind on things. That's not true. I just have zero concept of time passage anymore!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

Wait. Is the Redskins flag gone? 

Sorry this thread is old, but I'm behind on things. That's not true. I just have zero concept of time passage anymore!

Yup.  And now the Bears flag is gone, too.  It's a generic spring flag now.  I'll get a picture when I'm over there and nobody is staring.  

On 5/12/2020 at 7:10 AM, JumpyTheFrog said:

Can we entertain ourselves with new conspiracy theories about the monolith? For example, maybe the monolith caused the pandemic?! When did we begin talking about it? I can't remember how long ago it was because Covid-time makes each day seem two or three times as long as normal.

It’s a secret 5G tower inside it and the Putin look alike is gathering all the data while mowing patterns into the lawn that communicate it to a satellite overhead!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2