Menu

Quiver's cinnamon rolls

EmilyGF

I've made several batches already to give away and will make them for my own family in the morning. I actually let my bread machine mix the dough and then I roll them out and put them in the fridge overnight to be baked in the morning.

It has become a standard of mine that people request. I find that they are better cold or the next day than most cinnamon rolls are. They just don't dry out the way most do. Though they are best warm, of course.

I am very grateful for Quiver's recipe!

I've made several batches already to give away and will make them for my own family in the morning. I actually let my bread machine mix the dough and then I roll them out and put them in the fridge overnight to be baked in the morning.

It has become a standard of mine that people request. I find that they are better cold or the next day than most cinnamon rolls are. They just don't dry out the way most do. Though they are best warm, of course.

I am very grateful for Quiver's recipe!

When you roll them out and put them in the fridge, do you put the filling in them? Or do you wait and put the filling in the next morning?

I'm not clear if I can leave the filling in them in the fridge, or if it'll soak into the dough or something.

Edited by Garga

When you roll them out and put them in the fridge, do you put the filling in them? Or do you wait and put the filling in the next morning?

I'm not clear if I can leave the filling in them in the fridge, or if it'll soak into the dough or something.

Prepare them all the way the the final step. Roll out, put the filling in, slice them and put them in the pan and in the fridge overnight. In the morning I set them on the counter while the oven preheats and then put them in and make the frosting while they bake. Could even do the frosting the night before so it is ready to go. They always come out great!

• Like 2

Prepare them all the way the the final step. Roll out, put the filling in, slice them and put them in the pan and in the fridge overnight. In the morning I set them on the counter while the oven preheats and then put them in and make the frosting while they bake. Could even do the frosting the night before so it is ready to go. They always come out great!

Thank you! I've never made anything like this before so that information helps a lot. I can't wait to eat them.

I always thought that the GF in your name was for gluten free. Can you make her cinnamon rolls gluten free? Do you know?

This is the recipe I use for GF cinnamon rolls. They are just like the real thing! If you decide to make them, watch the video on how to make them. She gives great tips for working with the sticky gf dough.

http://recreatinghappiness.com/breakfast-recipes/gluten-free-cinnabon-copycat-cinnamon-roll-recipe-updated-and-now-easier-to-make/

Edited by aaplank
  • Like 1

I made the cinnamon rolls and everyone loved them.  But it was too much work for me alone and I told my family I wouldn't be doing them again. My ds12 said that we should each do part of it.  One person mixes and kneads, then another person takes over to roll and put in the filling, and the next one will bake and make the icing.  That sounds like a great idea to me!  If they're on board for that next year, then we'll do it that way.  

• Like 2

I made the cinnamon rolls and everyone loved them. But it was too much work for me alone and I told my family I wouldn't be doing them again. My ds12 said that we should each do part of it. One person mixes and kneads, then another person takes over to roll and put in the filling, and the next one will bake and make the icing. That sounds like a great idea to me! If they're on board for that next year, then we'll do it that way.

I am glad they came out for you after all that work. I let the bread machine do most of the work for me. If you can find one cheap or as a giveaway it might be worth it. It makes the mixing/ kneading a snap and the rolling out is easy because it has been kneaded so well. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Jean - no, I think I added "GF" to my name before I'd even heard of Gluten-Free. Means something completely different. 

I decided to make the rolls because my alternative was a European Christmas bread that is SOOO much more work. Everyone loves these just as much and they were a hit.

(I'm doing weight watchers but was happy to use most of my weekly points on Christmas. That's what feasting is for.) 

Emily

• Like 2

• 2 years later...