Menu

S/o house listings Cats vs. Mannequins

Rachel

S/o houses threads--Cats vs. Mannequins  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which house would you choose?

• Cat Dream House
    • Mannequin Hotel

Oh, the mannequin hotel was a really nice house in a really nice neighborhood... it's just.... well, the mannequins.

The cat dream house was not well laid out at all. And I shudder to think of all the time it will take to remove the cat decoupage all over the walls. 😂

Edited by Kinsa

I'd have serious reservations about the sanitation of the cat house, especially since we have a cat allergy sufferer. We'd have to take it down to the studs and perhaps further if they peed anywhere, whereas with the mannequins it looks fairly intact aside from the dodgy decor.

Mannequins, please.

Do we have to leave them decorated as is, and live in them as they are?

I'd go with the manequin one because the colors on the walls of the cat one are too crazy. Too bright.

I can't imagine trying to clean either one of them. It would be a full tme job for a staff of cleaners.

• Like 2

The mannequin house looks like a nice house underneath all the weird décor. I'm assuming we can redecorate the way we like. I love cats, but it looks gross and weirdly laid out.

I didn't put a stipulation on redecorating. I imagine it would considerably more expensive to redo the cat house unless you were opening a cat rescue.

Oh, the mannequin hotel was a really nice house in a really nice neighborhood... it's just.... well, the mannequins.

The cat dream house was not well laid out at all. And I shudder to think of all the time it will take to remove the cat decoupage all over the walls. 😂

This. The mannequins would be easy to remove; not so much the cats pics on every surface. Plus I'm not a desert-dweller. Now if the locations were switched I might just have to become a desert person to avoid scraping walls--or probably replacing all the drywall, more likely. And I actually like cats.

• Like 1

In addition to all the other good reasons people have given, I've got to vote for the house that doesn't force me to share the bathroom with the teenage boy.

Besides, I think I'd keep the trike riding guy on the ceiling. 

• Like 1

"Oh, what a feeling, dancing on the ceiling..."  :D

"From the moment you enter, you will know an ARTIST lives here."

You know, really, whatever floats their boat. Obviously they had the money to pay for it. I'd hate to try to dust all that stuff, but I'd much prefer the mannequin house to the cat house. One word: allergies. Weird and even creepy stuff I can deal with, but cat dander I cannot abide. 

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 2

The mannequin house!  It is is beautiful.  One afternoon and couple of dumpsters and life would be good. The house actually looks really clean LOL.  All the wood is sparkly and glass is shiny. Their outdoor portico kitchen and pool probably cost more than my house LOL

I assume the house needs to be repainted due to wall damage (all those things hanging on the walls) but nothing compared to removing all the cat pictures or dry walling over them. 

• Like 4

The mannequin house is beautiful, but I can't imagine going it on an open house tour. When startled, I screech. (It is not overly loud or anything, and my family just ignores it, but I can't help it.) I think if didn't know going into it that the house was, umm "special", I would be jumping and screeching from all the "people" surprising me around every corner.

• Like 1

Probably the Mannequin Hotel, because we'd have to gut the cat house on account of DH's severe cat allergy.

However, since reading the McMansion Hell blog, I keep seeing architectural details on the Mannequin house that make me cringe. I wouldn't want either house.

• Like 2

If you took the mannequin's away, it isn't the worse house we've seen.  Probably the least bad of the ones bad enough to be posted here.  I think it is second in the most cluttered non-weird stuff.  Except for the mannequins, the stuff seems to be pretty normal.  

I think the real question is, at what price would you be willing to live in (but not own) each house.  Assuming the rental includes someone to come in once a month and clean the 'decorations'.    Also assuming you couldn't redecorate.   

I love cats, and I think that the cat house might might induce mental instability, so I'd pass even for free.   

The mannequin's would take some getting used to as roommates.  But, if the price were cheap enough and it was close to work, I'd probably pay a few hundred to live there.  

• Like 1

I think the real question is, at what price would you be willing to live in (but not own) each house. Assuming the rental includes someone to come in once a month and clean the 'decorations'. Also assuming you couldn't redecorate.

If I hadn't been struggling with insomnia when I posted the poll I could have come up with this better question.

See I like the cat house better but I had to choose the mannequin house because the cat house would kill me.

I am so amused by this question.

Cat house, even with my allergies. There would be plenty of room on that 20 acres for me to build my own dream house. Assuming the contents of cat-opia convey, I think I could probably charge admission! ;)

Hmm.  I voted mannequin house because I have severe cat allergies.   But this makes sense, provided you had the means to produce the dream house.

If I had to live in the house pictured?  Mannequin house all the way.   I wouldn't even have a problem with that realtor getting the commission- she earned that one!

• Like 2

Even my three cats voted for the mannequin house. They think the person who decorated the cat house is a nutter-butter.  :closedeyes:

Plus, they think a 5 bedroom, 5.5 bathroom house would mean more private litter box locations. They are into privacy at potty time. 

And there are all those people-shaped scratching posts around!   

• Like 2