Menu

New update doctor report...

Well...it isn't good news. It is breast cancer. DCIS.

MRI on Friday. Then surgery. I'll most likely have to have a masectomy due to where it is and the size of it. Also maybe a lumpectomy on the other side because they found stuff over there too...we will know more about that after the MRI. Hopefully it has not spread.

Now...I just got to figure out if we need to pack up and go home to Houston to get this done...or if I can get this all taken care of in California over the next 6 weeks.

I'd really rather get this done here.

And I'm supposed to get school done too. :svengo:

Dang it.

MRI on Friday. Then surgery. I'll most likely have to have a masectomy due to where it is and the size of it. Also maybe a lumpectomy on the other side because they found stuff over there too...we will know more about that after the MRI. Hopefully it has not spread.

Now...I just got to figure out if we need to pack up and go home to Houston to get this done...or if I can get this all taken care of in California over the next 6 weeks.

Dang it.

:grouphug::grouphug:Rhonda:grouphug::grouphug:

I am praying for you!!!!!

I'm so sorry. As good a reputation as MDAnderson has, I've also heard they don't like to be questioned, sort of like they're God. :glare: If you can get treatment there that you're happy with, I would go with that and get it over with, rather than having to face it on your return - you have enough other issues back home :( :grouphug:

I'm so sorry to hear this!

There are a lot of things you can do to help with your treatment. Larry Burket wrote a very good book about dealing with cancer and I found it to be very helpful when I was going through Melanoma. I found a lot of info online about immune boosting and if you're interested, I can find it again and PM it to you.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Rhonda,

You and your family are lifted up right now in my prayers.

I just want to encourage you about your obligations to "school".

These are precisely some of the reason we all chose to do what we do, right?

So we have the time, the energy, and the know-how to come together as solid family units in love and comfort through all that life has to offer. THAT is the most important thing; all the rest can wait.

Just snuzzle your kids as much as you can; let them snuzzle you; read good books together, watch good movies together and see it as an opportunity to just enjoy vegging, guilt free.

blessings to you on this long journey.

Emerald

I will be continuing to pray for you. I agree that school needs to take a backseat while the teacher's health is taken care of. But sometimes a little distraction in the shape of some school can help. Do what you can and want to but don't try to "keep up" right now.

:grouphug:Rhonda:grouphug:

Dang it.

Ah, Yuck. At least you can take comfort that DCIS is not invasive.

I'm really sorry. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.