Menu

Can we talk ladies' underwear again?

Ginevra

Several months ago, a poster had a thread about whether or not to inform a friend of her unattractive panty lines. It was a hot topic on the general idea of women's butts, but IIRC, there were underwear suggestions in that thread that eliminate VPL. This is the recommendation I would like to revisit, as I was considering wearing a new pair of jeans out to dinner last night but rejected that idea due to rear view.

What I'd like is to avoid "butt division"; I do not care if there is a trace of a line where my drawers end and flesh begins. I want to eliminate the appearance that the northern hemisphere is compressed nicely within the underwear while the southern hemisphere bursts forth unrestrained. Got that visual?

Thongs are not an option and neither are long-legged shorts-style undies due to a need to keep feminine protection in place during these unpredictable times of mid-40s womanhood. No Spanx or other high-compression straightjackets.

Recommendations? I want to make America beautiful again. ;)

• Like 12

These are the only underwear I will wear. I got rid of everything else (well, except a few pairs of spanx for special events). They are totally comfortable, not scratchy despite being lace, somewhat pretty because of the lace/colors, and do not pinch/rub/whatever on me. And they are cheap! And never had a panty line issue with them, probably because they aren't tight so they don't squish stuff? They do say no show, no panty line, in the description. Love them. I buy them at walmart of all places. In a pack of 6! 

I first bought them to have something soft and stretchy to wear after surgery, and have not stopped wearing them, just got a smaller size when I lost weight. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-of-the-Loom-Ladies-6pk-Lace-Bikinis/35897634

• Like 2

LOL I have to admit I am not sure I get the visual.  Then again, it's been a while since I looked at myself from behind.  :P

I personally won't wear anything tight enough to show the exact contours of my body.  I wear relaxed fit jeans, which don't accentuate any topographical details AFAIK.

• Like 1

I don't know Quill, but I have it on my shopping list to get myself underwear this very night. 

I'm getting honking big, loose underwear this time around.  I'm tired of itty-bitty girl underwear.  Bring on the granny panties!  If I could do it without too much bunching under my pants, I'd get boxers.  So sick of uncomfortable women's clothing.

• Like 5

I don't know Quill, but I have it on my shopping list to get myself underwear this very night. 

I'm getting honking big, loose underwear this time around.  I'm tired of itty-bitty girl underwear.  Bring on the granny panties!  If I could do it without too much bunching under my pants, I'd get boxers.  So sick of uncomfortable women's clothing.

I'm telling you, the ones I linked are not tight/uncomfy. Super stretchy, but not like tight elastic stretchy. Just conforms softly to your body. I will NOT wear tight underwear. Life is too short. 

• Like 4

There is an in between choice! The ones I wear are the same manufacturer as KT's, but I like the midrise version (and I haven't tried the lace). Not the hi-cut ones, but not the "full" brief (ie, granny panties) either. If you like mid-rise jeans, these are the perfect cut & won't have a higher waist. Last time I went to look, I did have to search the stacks for them--there are so many different cuts now!

• Like 1

There is an in between choice! The ones I wear are the same manufacturer as KT's, but I like the midrise version (and I haven't tried the lace). Not the hi-cut ones, but not the "full" brief (ie, granny panties) either. If you like mid-rise jeans, these are the perfect cut & won't have a higher waist. Last time I went to look, I did have to search the stacks for them--there are so many different cuts now!

LOL, you should totally try the lace! And they do come in a fuller cut as well. 

• Like 1

Precisely. There may have been choclate involved.

My favorites are from Lane Bryant, which I think would be too large for you even considering the chocolate incident(s). http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/panties/hipster-panties/4043c4045c132/index.cat  If anywhere else makes seamless nylon spandex, they're just about perfect. Soma has great sales and detailed reviews. 

Now I'm singing Ben Folds' "Rent a Cop" ("I'll be hanging at the check out - Checking out  your girlfriend - Figure out how she's going to fit all of that butt into that underwear - yeah yeah")

• Like 3

My favorites are from Lane Bryant, which I think would be too large for you even considering the chocolate incident(s). http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/panties/hipster-panties/4043c4045c132/index.cat If anywhere else makes seamless nylon spandex, they're just about perfect. Soma has great sales and detailed reviews.

Now I'm singing Ben Folds' "Rent a Cop" ("I'll be hanging at the check out - Checking out your girlfriend - Figure out how she's going to fit all of that butt into that underwear - yeah yeah")

Nicely said. :D I like a lot of those undies, though.

• Like 1

These are the most comfortable underwear in the entire world:

https://www.amazon.com/Vanity-Fair-Womens-Illumination-String/dp/B0006I8QQQ

They certainly don't make lines under jeans or slacks.  I don't wear leggings without a longer shirt, so haven't noticed if they make lines under thinner, tighter items.  

Did I mention how comfy these are?  I'm small waisted and large-caboosed, and these are the only ones I'll wear.  

• Like 1

Several months ago, a poster had a thread about whether or not to inform a friend of her unattractive panty lines. It was a hot topic on the general idea of women's butts, but IIRC, there were underwear suggestions in that thread that eliminate VPL. This is the recommendation I would like to revisit, as I was considering wearing a new pair of jeans out to dinner last night but rejected that idea due to rear view.

What I'd like is to avoid "butt division"; I do not care if there is a trace of a line where my drawers end and flesh begins. I want to eliminate the appearance that the northern hemisphere is compressed nicely within the underwear while the southern hemisphere bursts forth unrestrained. Got that visual?

Thongs are not an option and neither are long-legged shorts-style undies due to a need to keep feminine protection in place during these unpredictable times of mid-40s womanhood. No Spanx or other high-compression straightjackets.

I laughed out loud at your beautifully articulated visual. 

I'm a really practical person and probably not the one to ask, but I buy these Ellen Tracy underwear from Amazon that are terrific.  The legs actually stay in place instead of ride up and everything hits in the proper location.

• Like 1

These are the most comfortable underwear in the entire world:

https://www.amazon.com/Vanity-Fair-Womens-Illumination-String/dp/B0006I8QQQ

They certainly don't make lines under jeans or slacks. I don't wear leggings without a longer shirt, so haven't noticed if they make lines under thinner, tighter items.

Did I mention how comfy these are? I'm small waisted and large-caboosed, and these are the only ones I'll wear.

I have had those before. I agree, they are very nice undies.

• Like 1

Not to be too personal, but since you've shared openly here, I couldn't help but wonder if the 100% nylon content of these could have something to do with your cyst issue.

No, because I tried switching to 100 percent cotton for a while and it was actually worse. These do have a cotton lining in the crotch, and the lace I think allows more air through than most underwear. I think that lets any dampness dry faster? But it was definitely worse with the 100 percent cotton ones I have. Although maybe that was fit/chafing/etc? But a good question. 

Well crap, I clicked on kt's link before remembering that doing so will make underwear ads pop up on my screen for the next 2 weeks. :P

Wait until your enquiring mind has you searching for 'washable incontinence underwear'. Because you really want everyone in the family to know what you're thinking about the whole time you're jogging... After a month I discovered I could click on an ad to 'discontinue' it!

• Like 2

My best ones available in the US are from Victoria's Secret.  They are advertised as no VPL and they really work.  They last forever too.  I have some that are ten years old and don't look it at all.  VS tends to be less forgiving in their sizing than other companies, so bear that in mind.

• Like 1

Thank you for this link. I prefer styles such as this which are a bit more forgiving in the tummy area. My years of wearing bikini cuts are long gone. 

I just ordered these by Bali

and these

• Like 2

I buy the Cacique brand from Lane Bryant. Bikini cut.

I ONLY wear cotton underwear I have no idea how people wear anything else. I need to breathe! Is that too much info?

LOL, mine are not all cotton (the crotch is) but the rest is lace..so plenty of airflow through all the holes. 

My best ones available in the US are from Victoria's Secret.  They are advertised as no VPL and they really work.  They last forever too.  I have some that are ten years old and don't look it at all.  VS tends to be less forgiving in their sizing than other companies, so bear that in mind.

Have you purchased recently? They were my favorite brand too- lasted for years! I finally had to replace some and the new ones I got- same brand, same style that I have been buying for about 20yrs, started falling apart almost immediately. I seriously had some arrive with small holes right out of the package! 

I don't know what to do now. They are still comfortable, but I don't want to buy them if they are going to fall apart within months now. All the other brands I've tried aren't as good. 

• Like 3

:lol: :lol: :lol:  Old-fashioned bloomers?

• Like 1

your timing is perfect, I just bought underwear I am madly in love with Warner's Women's No Pinching. No Problems. Seamless Hipster Panty

They have them on Amazon but they are $2 cheaper at Walmart

I can believe this because I have a couple of Warner's brand bras and they are perfect. They are the ideal bra when I need smooth full coverage. No underwire, which is good and suitable for my brochure-version bOoKs.

Katie, I bought some of the underwear you recommended and I love them. I bought a couple of other Fruit of the Loom kinds that are the breathable, lightweight, material and they are nice too. Thanks!!

I'm definitely planning to get some tomorrow if I'm at Walmart.

If I need no panty lines, then I wear my regular undies with spanx on top

I have a pair of Spanx but they are just sooooooo horribly constricting and hot and lousy to wear. I only wear them if it is critical, like under a very smooth skirt for a dressy occassion.

Gosh, I can barely get a "trendy within the last 3 years" wardrobe together...now I gotta worry about panytlines if I want to make America Beautiful again?

(I really need a pink baseball cap with that slogan blinged on it for the guy at my coffee shop who wears his red Make American great again hat. I'm way cuter. ;)

• Like 4

When you need to surf the web for stuff like that, surf in "private" or "incognito" mode so that it is not traceable by cookies.

Wait until your enquiring mind has you searching for 'washable incontinence underwear'. Because you really want everyone in the family to know what you're thinking about the whole time you're jogging... After a month I discovered I could click on an ad to 'discontinue' it!

I'm heading to Wal-Mart today. Promise the Hane's lace undies don't ride or wedge? I never thought much about it and figured bunching was just a fact of life with women's underwear! I'm really into comfort this year and even though I just bought undies (Target cute mix and match ones) would like to try these no riding underwear you speak of. :D

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain

I'm heading to Wal-Mart today. Promise the Hane's lace undies don't ride or wedge? I never thought much about it and figured bunching was just a fact of life with women's underwear! I'm really into comfort this year and even though I just bought undies (Target cute mix and match ones) would like to try these no riding underwear you speak of. :D

Think they are actually fruit of the loom, and they don't wedge on me..but I don't have a huge problem with that with most underwear. I know the shape of the body makes a big difference in that, so what might not wedge for me could for you I guess. But at least they aren't expensive to try out. 

SaveSave

• Like 1