Menu

I'm reading the kindle version too! I'm reading it alongside 3ed for kicks. Hunter, it's good to see you!

I don't have time to do comparisons, and my memory loss makes it hard for me to remember exactly what was in each version.

I'm most interested in seeing the science since the new TWEM added a science section and the publication of the science history book.

Also the logic level outlining and the grammar level and logic level composition.

I'm reading the kindle version too! I'm reading it alongside 3ed for kicks. Hunter, it's good to see you!

And it is good to see you too! I have some time off before my next novel writing classes starts on the 17th. I'm enjoying reconnecting with everyone.

And what perfect timing for the release of 4th edition. What fun! 

• Like 1

I placed a purchase request at my library last weekend, and they approved it. But, they take 2 weeks to 3 months in my experience to actually get the book and process it (usually about a month). My main hope is they'll keep it at my branch - I think there's a good chance, since they usually keep things at the branch you request it at, and it's one of the bigger branches, and unlike the other bigger branches, it doesn't have an older version, but we'll see (I have the previous edition on my kindle, or I would've bought it).

Kindle edition!!  :hurray:  Not anywhere near done but I'm already impressed with how well SWB synthesized all the things we noted from her 'give me feedback on WTM' thread and made this edition a really amazing resource combo of all the things I enjoyed with the earlier editions. It's really shining in its emphasis on the *how.* It must have taken so much time and energy! 

• Like 8

It's going to be awfully quiet around here for a few days as people read all ~789 pages... Mine doesn't arrive until the 15th to 19th :crying:  but that will give me time to finish and return all my library books, at least.

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 2

I'm loving the math revisions--the nod to Liping Ma and the inclusion of math books for grownups are awesome!

Yes! I tabbed that page, I have lots more reading in my future.

I could definitely see snippets of ideas from the suggestion thread throughout the book.

Mine is coming on Wednesday! I can't wait to see the changes in the science section.

Now I can lend my third edition to the woman in the bakery who is anticipating a rough entry to public school for her gifted kid and is exploring other options.

• Like 2

so green with envy :D that you guys are getting yours and I have to wait another  2 MONTHS :svengo:

That is terrible!!!

I take back my complaining about waiting 2 weeks.....

But at the other side, it will be in time for your new schoolyear isn't it? So you can take the new WTM in the new planning

I just posted my planning to the educational department last week.

• Like 2

Still reading here. I am not even homeschooling any more, but do afterschool some. Primarily I bought the 4th edition to support SWB. The portion I have read seems much clearer than the earlier editions (though I am not comparing them side by side). It is pointed out that the homeschooling parent is not expected to complete everything in the book and that the schedules are there but don't have to be strictly followed. The elementary and middle school science sections (all I have gotten to so far) are significantly different but still classical in their approach. There is a section on whole to parts vs. parts to whole in the elementary section that confused me at first (fiercely pro parts to whole), until I got to a paragraph in the middle school section that suggested the these were the years to switch over to whole to parts.  At the moment (I will come back more when I have read more), I would say that this edition is definitely an improvement for the new homeschooler. It is clear and less intimidating. I don't know that it is necessary for someone who has been homeschooling for a while and owns the 3rd edition. But since there are still some who refer to the 1st edition for curriculum recommendations that did not appear in later editions, if money is not an issue, I'd suggest getting this one too especially for the new science living books recommended.

Edited by Kalmia
  • Like 5