Menu

And since I popped my nose in the boards......

Remudamom

I have three pony cart setups now.  Four ponies and three horses. Welsh, Arabs, Quarter horse and one mini who bites. Nine cats.  (RIP Arya) .  My dog Tick died, kids brought home a stray (Not My Dog).  Are you still a cat herder??  Not actual cats I know......

Edited by Remudamom
  • Like 3

Men are lots more trouble than animals.  I'm back into chickens.   They are a hoot.  We have one hen that sounds like an old woman laughing when she lays an egg.  Makes me look every time!  I put my chicken house in the front yard.  Kids say "Mom, so redneck!!"

Edited by Remudamom
  • Like 10

Dd is married and I have a grand baby boy who is six months old. I graduated my third and have only two years left with my youngest. Planning on retiring from homeschooling and going back into the workforce to shore up retirement savings.

We went to Egypt this past Christmas, our rocket team with 4H took 2nd place in the nation out of 789 teams who began the competition.

Eldest ds and I were in a car accident two years ago. We both have permanent disabilities, his worse than mine, but he had a very good freshman year of college.

Glad to hear from you Remudamom!

• Like 2

Oh dear Faith!  So sorry to hear about your accident.  I'm glad college is going well.  I bet you are really enjoying that grand son!!  Isn't it the best to be a grandma?

Egypt has to be cool.  See any Arabian (horses) there??

Edited by Remudamom

I have three pony cart setups now.  Four ponies and three horses. Welsh, Arabs, Quarter horse and one mini who bites. Nine cats.  (RIP Arya) .  My dog Tick died, kids brought home a stray (Not My Dog).  Are you still a cat herder??  Not actual cats I know......

We've still got our stallion, two broodmares, two babies, three yearlings, one 2 year old, and one 4 year old who has been out in training under saddle and is ready to sell.  Unfortunately, she's not the greatest in show quality (movement), so will need to find a lesson pony or trail/fun pony home.

I'll admit there are times when I wonder if it's time to sell out with the ponies.  If anyone asks now, there are none I wouldn't sell if the home were right.  It's been a good life with them, but health issues are making it harder to keep up with what we used to do even with fewer here.  I marvel that we used to have 28 at our high point with 4 - 6 babies per year.  Life moves on.

Then we still have 2 cats and 5 chickens keeping us company.

• Like 3

I knew you would still be horsey!!  I'm relieved I only have seven, and probably should sell the mini and one pony.  They were both given to me last summer. Got the mini driving right away but the other was a six year old that had never been touched.  What a pain.  I'm glad I have the old pony for the grandkids though.  While I did train the mini to pull myself I left the latest Arab to one of the boys.  And bit my tongue constantly through training.  

Edited by Remudamom
  • Like 4

I thought of you just the other day, Remudamom!

My young cousin lost her dad to hospital nastiness literally...when it came time to testify in court, she had a bunch of nerves. I told her to dab some rum behind her ears and go kick some donkey. :) She did and did.

I keep a figurative bottle of rum on hand just for dabbing behind my ears. It does help you feel a little more like a pirate!

Keep well and come back often! You are missed. :thumbup1:

Hey Jean!!  Fill me in!!

I graduated my firstborn from homeschool high school a couple of weeks ago.  He is excited to have been hired to do what he'd like to do after college - IT and electronics-  part time while he's in school.  He's also excited to be starting college in the fall.  Lots of things all of a sudden coming together for him. 

Dd, ds and dh all ran a half marathon a week ago. 

We still have two dogs and one cat but now we've added one rabbit. 

Not much has changed with me.  I cheer everyone else on. 

• Like 1

We are down a horse here but up 2 boys.

I had to out down Talley my trail horse last fall due to bladder cancer. We have our 25 year old Morab gelding and 5 year old spotted draft pony.

18 months ago we added now 12 year old foster son. 27 hours ago (yes, just yesterday) we added his 8 year old 1/2 brother. Theyay be with us very long term but their case is still in the court system.

Oldest D's is volunteering 3 days a week at a regional school for the most severely impaired kids 3-26 in the county. I substitute teach there 2-3 days a week as well. The girls graduated in May.

• Like 3

Oldie here, probably not too goldie, but I'm still around.  Not for much longer, but that's the way things go.  I hope you get a chance to get back into the homeschooling.  Those have been the best years.  :)

• Like 6

I am an old timer, from the old boards even, but I was on a break when you were probably the most active. I do remember you though! It's good to hear all is well with you.

I WAS Anne in Ore. Now we live in the North State and have a restaurant. A totally different life than the one we had.

• Like 2

Remudamom! I've missed your posts so much. You could say in 2 sentences what takes me 4 paragraphs to write. And your two sentences would get the point across so much better, too. I always loved your quick wit and wry comments that cut to the heart of the matter.

• Like 5

Hi there!

Changes here for sure. 

My Lyme kiddo is getting her port out after two years next month, progressing to herbals and finally getting physiotherapy to recondition her body once it is out. 

Youngest just finished first year at the awesome local tech school with high honors all 4 semesters. 

I went back to work part time almost a year ago.  Really loving the paycheck. ;) 

Nice to see you here!

• Like 3

Hi!

My oldest just finished college and landed a teaching position in NC.

My second dd starts college this fall.

I had put my 2 youngest boys in school last year.  My ds16 will probably be heading to public high school this year.

I'm hoping to start working part time to help out with college costs. :)  

:seeya:   Another old-timer who's still here. I still have 11yo dd at home and am homeschooling her part-time; she'll be taking 3 classes at a private school. Ds1 will be a senior comp sci major this fall and just started a co-op job. Ds2 just grad high school and plans to be an art major. He's considered quite a few majors ranging from English to Comp Sci so we shall see how this all goes.

Good to see you again!

Hi! Remudamom! Am I an old-timer? I think so, but I don't know if you would remember me.

My firstborn just finished her first year of college.

Secondborn is entering 11th grade at a B&M private school.

Youngest still homeschooling; rising to 6th grade next year.

A lot of the "old" people don't come around much/at all anymore. Catwoman's husband had a liver transplant and she has been missing for months. Mrs. Mungo took a board break, along with her sister; I miss them. Wishbone Dawn - never see her anymore. Never see Impish anymore. MarianeNOVA - don't see her anymore. Heather in NC/Neverland - never see her anymore.

Okay now I am sad.

• Like 12

Hey, there. I always loved your horse posts, especially as my oldest did horse project in 4H and now, 15 years later, is a project leader and helping with arab foals and training 2 and 3yos along with taking girls to local shows. She's also adulting now -- has her BFA and a f/t job as a graphic artist/social media person. I have 2 in college (local state U and CC) living at home and am still homeschooling my bonus package who will be (eek) 8th grade next year. Looking at places with cheap housing on the western side of the rockies for retirement.

And just started working p/t from home entering items for a thrift store run by a local women's shelter/recovery program.

• Like 1

Hi! Remudamom! Am I an old-timer? I think so, but I don't know if you would remember me.

My firstborn just finished her first year of college.

Secondborn is entering 11th grade at a B&M private school.

Youngest still homeschooling; rising to 6th grade next year.

A lot of the "old" people don't come around much/at all anymore. Catwoman's husband had a liver transplant and she has been missing for months. Mrs. Mungo took a board break, along with her sister; I miss them. Wishbone Dawn - never see her anymore. Never see Impish anymore. MarianeNOVA - don't see her anymore. Heather in NC/Neverland - never see her anymore.

Okay now I am sad.

Now I'm sad, too. I loved all of those posters! And Peela.

• Like 5

Okay now I am sad.

Me too.

• Like 1

My Dd transitioned to high school well, had a pretty good run there, and is now studying the creative writing of poetry as a rising junior in college. 

DH and I are still working fulltime, I'm still volunteering for the board of a hunger nonprofit, and (drum roll) we bought a CABIN! in my favorite part of the mountains, about 2 1/2 years ago.  I never dreamed of being able to do this, but the low interest rates and the fact that real estate dropped in half after the crash in 08-09 made it possible.  I still can't believe it!  We are enjoying it immensely.

• Like 2

:seeya: Nice to see you!

I'm in Italy (finally made it). My five are 16, 14, 12, 9, and 7 (numbers will change in the coming months to 17, 14, 13, 10 and 7).  Still homeschooling.

Our house is for sale at the moment, but in two weeks, we'll bail on the sale and go back to a rent/sale option.  We aren't over priced, but aren't willing to go THAT low for a fast sale.  The market in our area is just really slow right now (we're talking 5 homes sold in our county in May, and none in our area, 3 homes closed in June...really, really slow).

My life is busier in Italy (more volunteer work to keep things going/fundraising to help offset higher costs of doing things).  Kids are swimming.  Life is mostly good :D

I think I'm an old timer, too?

I was forcibly retired from homeschooling two years ago when my son decided to graduate high school early. He has finished two years at a medium-sized private university 90 minutes from home, but decided this summer that he wants to: 

1. change his major to one not offered at the school he was attending.

2. not live on campus any longer.

3. be closer to home so he has access to our kitchen and his garage workshop.

So, we've spent the last couple of weeks setting up his transfer back to the local community college, where he'll finish up an associate's and a technical certificate, before (he hopes) transfering to the local state university campus for the rest of a BFA.

The attractiveness of living at home is enhanced, of course, by proximity to the young woman he's been dating for most of the last year. But, since I like her a lot, I'm okay with that.

My daughter moved to NYC the same summer my son graduated. She enrolled in the two-year, part-time program at the William Esper Studio, which she completed last month, and has been supporting herself with a combination of admin work, teaching and costumed character gigs. Now that she's finished the Esper program, she's working full-time at a dance studio and figuring out her next step.

I went back to work part-time when my son started school and have bounced around a bit trying to find the right fit, employment-wise. About four months ago, I started working as a technology trainer with out county library, and I like it very much, So, the current plan is to stick there until retirement.

• Like 1

So good to "see" you! I'm so glad you are doing well!

I'm up to 5 grandbabies now, and my military ones are back here and living about 15 minutes away! I now have my entire family within 25 minutes and I love it! My girls with kiddos are both planning to home school and I'm really excited about that. I love staying in the loop!

• Like 1

Hi. Good to see you. Where are the grandbaby pictures?

We are doing good here. This year will be my final year of having an elementary school student. My 2 adult children moved out and are doing well. I miss not having them home. I am heading back to school hopefully this fall.

Hi and welcome back!  I'm glad you pop in once in a while.  I am definitely an old timer, although you would never know it by my post count.  I've graduated 3, my ds is the same age as your triplets, and still have 4 more to go.  Even though I have 6 more years of this homeschooling gig, I'm looking to the future.  I've got 3 very part time jobs (working in a college bookstore, and tutoring 2 students separately), and I'm hoping to ramp up slowly as my kids continue to graduate.

I thought about you the other day when I noticed the shoes piled up by the back door.