Menu

Prayers for our son with a burn injury

One of my foster kids was abused and came to us with 3rd degree burns on his hands. (With no medical attention for over a month!) We had a lot of instructions and creams and bandaging to take care of. He did okay with his bandaged hands and surprised us. He needed a bit of help with some stuff, but was pretty capable. Unfortunately I saw him recently and he had contractures and keloids that made his hands pretty gnarly looking, but I don't think that'd be an issue with second degree burns. Even still, he was happy and thriving and I was super impressed by his resiliency. Hopefully your son will have an easy recovery too!

• Like 1

Oh my, I just saw this.  What a horrible accident!!  I got a burn like that, just on one finger, and I STILL remember the pain.  The skin hurt to stretch as it grew back.  I bet care is much better now.  I had no fingerprint for a while as the skin grew back. 

Well take care of your ds.  That's going to take a while to heal, both physically and mentally.  I had my burn while making candy (divinity), and I don't think I've ever made it since.  And that was a lot of years ago!

• Like 1

Just read this.  Praying for your son, you and your family.  Praise the Lord for the good news yesterday.  Hope and pray that

today is a good day as well.  Hugs and prayers coming your way :grouphug:   Please keep us posted when you can. You will

all be in our prayers.  :001_smile:

• Like 1

I have treated myself for a couple of burns from spilling hot food on me.  There is a product called burn gel http://www.waterjel.com/consumer-products/burn-jel-plus/

I would mix this with triple antibiotic ointment and keep it loosely covered with gauze and tape.  The burn gel really helped with the pain.  Hopefully they have given you this or something similar to it.  Lidocaine is the ingredient that really helps.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the update, Lori. I'd be weak with relief too. And how amazing is it that he instinctively grabbed with his NON-DOMINANT hand?! Praising God for good news, and I hope and pray he heals up completely. I wondered about tendons shortening etc... too--sounds like they have a good plan in place and your son is being a trooper! 

PS -- in answer to someone's question -- it is his NON-dominant hand, so another blessing there.

• Like 1