Menu

Who do you ACTUALLY know on these boards?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious... I've seen some references to people who seem as though they know others here.

I know Michele B.

I have known JFS in IL for around 12 or so years, maybe 13. Long before she ever hsed. She is one great lady and has done worked behind the sceens for special needs kids for years. She started and ran the best newsletter in IL for kids with Autism. I could go on and on and on and on........... but she might not bring her wonderful delectable Christmas cookie tray this year if I do ::drool5: Oh did I mention that she is an outstanding baker :D Plus she got us hooked on Harold Lloyd.

Wow, there are several who I've met once or more than once at conventions, like Sandy and Holly, for instance. And Whitney lives in the same town and her parents live next to me. She's not been posting much on the new boards, but I'm betting her hands are full with teenagers right now. Rachel in Richmond hasn't posted much on these boards, either, but they've started a new coop down there this year. And I *feel* like I know a ton of the folks who have been posting here for years!

Just curious... I've seen some references to people who seem as though they know others here.

I know Michele B.

I know mom2legomaniacs, Brigitte, *anj*, Sharon in SC, Virginia Dawn (via telephone), Battlemaiden (via telephone), Amy in VA (via telephone), Doran, SolaMichella (via phone), GraceinMD via mail, and PariSarah. I've sent stuff to Joanne, Mama Bear, and abbeyej. And Amy in Orlando has sent me soap, the luv. Oh yes!, and Robin in TX sent me delicious pepper jelly! (And I'm probably forgetting somebody. ACK!)

I feel like I really do know many others because of email or a long history of posting here.

I don't know anybody in the sense that we have been friends before here. But I have met several on here that I have been fortunate enough to hang out with for real. I have had face to face time with Pam SFSOM, Brigitte, and Angela in TN. And I have spoken on the phone to several others, Dy, Tarheel Heather, Mamagistra (Debra in TX), Aubrey, to name a few as well as traded emails with quite a few others. It has been a great place for finding new friends, hasn't it?

I know Frelle! And Laura in NC, although I don't think she's registered on the new boards yet and just lurks. I believe Aubrey is my soul sister and Mom2legomaniacs and I should really hang out. I've traded emails with Katalaska and Holly in FL. Amy in Orlando has sent ME soap, TOO. Aren't I special? :-) I've sent mail to Mom to Aly, too, so I know she's real.

I know Aubrey and Peek in real life. Also Angelina in Louisiana is an email and real life friend. I was lucky enough to meet Karensk and Leah at this past summer's Circe conference. I've emailed off boards with Patty in WA and a few other people. I've been bugging Abbey via email and chat for a few years now, and hope to manage a real life meeting some day.

:001_smile: I've yet to meet a WTMer in real life I didn't like. ;)

Jami

I know daisychics, tess in the burbs, and some other great ladies, but I don't know their screen names.

We meet once a month. Oh, and I see daisychics more often -- right now our boys are taking swim lessons together. She is the sweetest!

I've also talked to Jessica (Trivium Academy) once on the phone -- so full of homeschooling energy!

Such great ladies!

I'll be meeting mrscopterdoc next week, I know and love Paul's Gal, Jennefer@SSA as well as daisychics. I've talked to Parrothead, nestof3, Michele B, oliveview, Janice in NJ, Classic Mom, as well as a few others that I've jumbled their real names with their screen names. I know and love 5Wolfcubs, Lisa in WA and Darcy from LWM3B.

Let's see....

Classical Michele

Elaine

Jeri

ABC Pam

Gretchen in NJ

Mary in NJ

Janice in NJ

M&M

Testimony

Karenciavo

Kelli in TN

Gardenschooler

Girligirlmom

It's late and I'm tired, so I know I'm forgetting a couple of people. I feel like I've met Robin in TX because she sent me a jar of the most fabulous pepper jelly. And I feel like I've met Janna because I now own a set of her dishes.

Jami actually found me on the Yahoo boards & invited me to a WTM park day. I remember the conversations we had there but not the women's names. :001_huh:

And I met a few other women w/ Jami later for coffee, but...again...I don't remember names. I know Peek was there, but...I can't remember her real name. Only her ponytail & deep desire for a horse! LOL

By phone, of course, M2LM (Melissa) *found* me, lol, & I have a pretty firm belief in the existence of a few other Hivers, via email & other unconfirmed sources. (Sorry, we've been on a Burn Notice Marathon, lol.)

I know MyBlueLobsters, and Kchris who mainly lurks. LindaMomofsix is a good friend, but I don't think she's registered since the board change. I know another lady that used to lurk, but I haven't seen her on the new board either.

NutriMom bought a horse from me, but she seems to have disappeared. .

I know MommyLawyer. I am Tricky's godmother!11_11_5.gif

I have talked to Jessica at Trivium Academy on the phone and would love to meet her.

Lizzie has only posted here once; we homeschool history and science together.

Maybe we should set up a meeting place at the next Georgia homeschool convention?

I've never met *anj* face to face, but we have been online penpals and telephone pals for 10 years. I can always remember that by my daughter's age because we were emailing back and forth late at night once and I kept making typos and had to explain that I was typing one handed while nursing my daughter and she said she could relate to that!

I went to the zoo with gardenschooler and then went to her house for ice cream. We also talk on the phone from time to time. When we get together our husbands just roll their eyes because we are pretty silly when we are around each other!

Lurkers/occasional posters that I know quite well in real life are Greta Lea, ShelliR, Rebecca in TN.

I know Shougmom, she lives a few miles from me and we went to church together for several years...we also go to the same homeschool support group. Beth in SW WA and I have passed eachother in the halls at CYT. I also got to meet Pamelia Sue a few weeks ago. She bought my elliptical. I also know a few lurkers.

I don't know anybody in the sense that we have been friends before here. But I have met several on here that I have been fortunate enough to hang out with for real. I have had face to face time with Pam SFSOM, Brigitte, and Angela in TN. And I have spoken on the phone to several others, Dy, Tarheel Heather, Mamagistra (Debra in TX), Aubrey, to name a few as well as traded emails with quite a few others. It has been a great place for finding new friends, hasn't it?

Ahem.

Let's see....

Classical Michele

Elaine

Jeri

ABC Pam

Gretchen in NJ

Mary in NJ

Janice in NJ

M&M

Testimony

Karenciavo

Kelli in TN

Gardenschooler

Girligirlmom

It's late and I'm tired, so I know I'm forgetting a couple of people. I feel like I've met Robin in TX because she sent me a jar of the most fabulous pepper jelly. And I feel like I've met Janna because I now own a set of her dishes.

Wow, anj. You really get around! ;)

In person I've met

Dy, Jess in OK, Mom2LegoManiacs (though she doesn't seem to remember that we met :glare: ;)) ,PaulaW (from oldboards), PeekaBoo, Theodwyn, LisaK, Teresa in TX, Robin in DFW, Stephanie not in TX, Susie, and Miz Booshay's sister Janet.

Most of these I only met once at a get together at a local bookstore, but it sure was fun putting names and faces together!

Ahem.

Oh big fat Carp! I am totally embarrassed and feeling quite stupid. I have spent time with Amy loves Bud and her totally adorable kids. (I was on glass 2 of wine last night and just knew I would goof that up once I started naming names)

Please forgive me! I was sitting there thinking something about Texas too. I just swore it must have been the hurricane stuff. Geesh. Can we call it a big old blonde moment?:blush5::blushing::blush::o (there aren't enough of these to express my embarrassment nor are they near red enough for my face right now)

Oh big fat Carp! I am totally embarrassed and feeling quite stupid. I have spent time with Amy loves Bud and her totally adorable kids. (I was on glass 2 of wine last night and just knew I would goof that up once I started naming names)

Please forgive me! I was sitting there thinking something about Texas too. I just swore it must have been the hurricane stuff. Geesh. Can we call it a big old blonde moment?:blush5::blushing::blush::o (there aren't enough of these to express my embarrassment nor are they near red enough for my face right now)

:lol::lol:

No biggie! Your kids are adorable, too, btw!

Well, susie in tx was my college roomate and matron of honor so I know her quite well. ;) I met Mamalynx at her house once too, but I didn't get to stay and visit long enough.

I am also good friends with sadiegirl as she lived near me before moving twice. We stayed at their house for a couple of nights when we went up north last year. :auto: I wish she would move back here.