Menu

I can't believe I did this (thrift store mishap!) (updated in #33)

fdrinca

I donated our box of BOOKS TO SAVE FOR NEXT YEAR instead of the box of BOOKS WE NO LONGER WANT. 

Gah! Gah! Gah.

Hope someone is really blessed by those Life of Fred and Story of the World books, and they're not lost to a picker.

Aaaand I hope that when I pull up tomorrow morning they're still on the shelves!

• Like 5

I feel your pain. When I left my teaching job to become a SAHM, I grabbed a box of books, lesson plans, calculators, etc. to as a door stop while I loaded the rest in my car. The ONE box out of everything I couldn't replace wound up in the recycle bin and I couldn't retrieve it. 

Hoping better luck for you in the morning!

My foster sister bagged up clothes. She left one for her husband to take to the dry cleaners and the other went to the thrift shop.... Yep. Her business clothes got thrifted and the stuff that no longer fit got dry cleaned. She got an entirely new wardrobe for that! And NONE of us use garbage bags for stuff we want to keep anymore.

• Like 6

Good news/bad news. I recovered the LIfe of Fred books and the SOTW books but NOT the activity book :(. Since we frequent the shop, the owner was happy to hear my tales of woe and let me have the merchandise for free. 

All told: good lesson in paying attention to what I'm doing.

Whew! Could have been much worse!

• Like 32

I hope you can get the books you need back! That's much worse than my wife throwing out my (autographed) copy of Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Hardcover) a few years ago...

I would actually die. Did you get to meet Richard Bach? Or did you get the copy through someone else?

• Like 1